Just bought my wife the Galaxy S5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What colour S5 did she get? I like the gold one.

Here's a picture of an S5 at an AT&T store. I installed the WPCentral app from Google Play.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• InstagramCapture_f9eaf5a5-f6cc-4117-a15e-7b0fc51425d5_jpg.jpg
    InstagramCapture_f9eaf5a5-f6cc-4117-a15e-7b0fc51425d5_jpg.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 22

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Cool Laura my mistake. Question for the OP.

Why Android over WP?

Please don't say apps. Thanks

I can think of so many reasons. I bought my mom a Lumia 925 and if only knew I could have got a moto g for less I would have got that instead. The apps on android are a lot better and they don't lag like they do on Windows phone. Windows phone loads a lot while on android everything seems instant.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Please people, seriously STOP going to the ANDROID section if the forum and being rude? Its uncalled for. Secondly, how did your wife make the choice between the GS5 and the One M8? My fiance wanted the GS5 because of the gimmicks. I would have convinced her to wait for the G3 though. Has a larger screen and basically same profile size as the S5. My Fiance got the GS5 when the G3 was still rumored/just announced, so she never had the chance to think about it. That's going to be my next phone! Just waiting for a release date.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Banking app that you can use on the cloud and monitor all your accounts and things.. I use Mint to watch my bank accounts on windows phone and its on PC as well because its made by INTUIT, a trusted company. Have you tried Mint?

Mint doesn't work for me. I don't want to monitor, I want to deposit checks, I want a check register that syncs with my laptop, and doesn't require a month cost to have things like check numbers, reminders and budgets. I downloaded and tried just about every app here. I will be back to WP when those two things have been created on WP. I will miss the 6" screen and the great camera.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
MSFT trails as of yet on Mobile. My wishes hopefully in the future. You and fam will be sold to MSFT.

I need to find a MSFT forums. That only feeds me MSFT news.

Fair enough. Enjoy...

Riddle me this, why did you go looking for Microsoft-only news and information on a section labeled "Other OS's and Devices" with the thread labeled "Just bought my wife the Galaxy S5"? Salvation lies within.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If she likes it, cool. I just ask you/she get on here in 12 months time and give a review. As a once three year user of Android I can tell you that the honeymoon is MUCH nicer than the end result. It's why I switched.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If she likes it, cool. I just ask you/she get on here in 12 months time and give a review. As a once three year user of Android I can tell you that the honeymoon is MUCH nicer than the end result. It's why I switched.

No, no, no, no, NO! You NEVER ask a woman to justify a purchase. Just say "honey, I'm glad you're happy" and be done with it.

The best you can do after a year is say "honey, I think we're eligible for an upgrade. How's your phone doing?"

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Please people, seriously STOP going to the ANDROID section if the forum and being rude? Its uncalled for. Secondly, how did your wife make the choice between the GS5 and the One M8? My fiance wanted the GS5 because of the gimmicks. I would have convinced her to wait for the G3 though. Has a larger screen and basically same profile size as the S5. My Fiance got the GS5 when the G3 was still rumored/just announced, so she never had the chance to think about it. That's going to be my next phone! Just waiting for a release date.

She didn't care what she got. The sview case of all things is what intrigued her. I was tired of buying her last year model phones so bought her something up to date. She loves the phone. Sadly she will only use 50% of its potential.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What colour S5 did she get? I like the gold one.

Here's a picture of an S5 at an AT&T store. I installed the WPCentral app from Google Play.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

She got the black/chrome trimming.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
No, no, no, no, NO! You NEVER ask a woman to justify a purchase. Just say "honey, I'm glad you're happy" and be done with it.

The best you can do after a year is say "honey, I think we're eligible for an upgrade. How's your phone doing?"

Lol. She doesn't want WP. Yet... She the kind of people WP won't win over without certain apps. Especially Frost Bank. They finally just got mobile deposit on Android and she hasn't looked back. That alone would keep her from switching

Riley2521

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Banking app that you can use on the cloud and monitor all your accounts and things.. I use Mint to watch my bank accounts on windows phone and its on PC as well because its made by INTUIT, a trusted company. Have you tried Mint?

Doesn't Intuit also make Quickbooks....I'm pretty sure they do.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

LOL x2
From a man who has gone before!
:winktongue:
Probably the most prudent advice in this thread.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL x2
From a man who has gone before!
:winktongue:
Probably the most prudent advice in this thread.

What can I say? My current wife is the recipient of all the wisdom I gained from my 1st train wreck, I mean marriage. Here's another nugget of wisdom, steer CLEAR of red-heads! Everything they say about them is true. No offense to any of the fine red headed ladies on this forum.

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My new work phone is an S5, have to say it's really good. Been a lover of Nokia and MS for a long time but even though I kept my old 1020 work phone i'm getting better pictures with the S5. Maybe not the same quality of the 1020 but i'm never missing a picture with my 10yr old running around. If MS can give us the same optics as the 1020 with a serious speed boost for taking pics it would be unbeatable.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have it on test and really isn't bad overall but camera is great. It takes pictures so fast and they are amazing, at least outdoors. BUT, lag is noticeable. I expected something more in terms of performance. But Iove camera and AMOLED screen.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My new work phone is an S5, have to say it's really good. Been a lover of Nokia and MS for a long time but even though I kept my old 1020 work phone i'm getting better pictures with the S5. Maybe not the same quality of the 1020 but i'm never missing a picture with my 10yr old running around. If MS can give us the same optics as the 1020 with a serious speed boost for taking pics it would be unbeatable.

My next upgrade will be an S5. I love my 1020, but the camera is too slow for real world application. The WP experience has degraded tremendously in my opinion. The everyday experience on my Samsung Focus is more satisfying than what I get using my 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel