07-27-2014 11:01 AM
79 1234
tools
    I'm still into Modern, because of its simplicity and originality.
    iOS 7/8 may look fancy, but the UX is still the same.
    Android L, they turned their Card something into a more Modern-inspired look.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 via Tapatalk.
    06-26-2014 08:15 AM
    Will Moto devices like Moto e get the update as well??
    its android, if it doesnt come in an ota update, wait thirty more seconds and then check xda for a .zip
    Vishnu Hs likes this.
    06-26-2014 08:17 AM
    Pass. No intention on using laggy stuff from Google which is hackable every single day and doesn't provide seciruty for my personal information.
    06-26-2014 09:05 AM
    Check these articles out..at least people know they borrowed ideas..NOT saying microsoft doesn't borrow.
    Just good..what I hate is ignorant people on youtube going nuts as if google just invented it! :/

Google Overhauls Android With L Developer Preview

Google reveals its next generation 'Material' design language -- and it looks a lot like Windows and iOS | VentureBeat | Dev | by Harrison Weber
    06-26-2014 09:07 AM
    Looks great in my opinion. I've always liked the look of Android, but it's getting boring. Nice to see an overhaul.
    06-26-2014 09:16 AM
    I like the integration with the watch. The moto 360 is compelling and I wish Microsoft had something like that. But that is about it. The Material Interface is just like the Modern for Microsoft, they just added a z layer. Android for business is comical.
    girishN likes this.
    06-26-2014 10:36 AM
    Love the wearable integration. Love the updated UI (though I think it's a broad mix of iOS and WP, the heavier weight on the z-index from iOS (yes it's in WP too, but no one seems to use it in any meaningful way) and the modern and tiled look of WP (if you put wp in white theme and put more colors around, you'd have be near there)).

​That said, I love the animation engine. WP is heavy driven on it, but they've done a good job in using transition animations versus pop-ins and fly-ins, feels like you're never really leaving anywhere and it's all one continuous area.
    06-26-2014 10:43 AM
    Android for business is comical.
    Yes, imagine a smartphone for business that can't edit and attach a file to a forwarded email. Or a phone that can't connect to a corporate VPN. Or one that cannot encrypt files natively.
    06-26-2014 11:05 AM
    UI looks bad. Under the hood changes look good. Shift from Dalvik to ART runtime which offers better performances; different battery management; 5000 new APIs etc.
    What remains that's negative for me is that it belongs to Google, which means giving away your life details to that trashy company. But i'll have to buy an Android anyways. WP is making me very unhappy.
    06-26-2014 11:06 AM
    Yes, imagine a smartphone for business that can't edit and attach a file to a forwarded email. Or a phone that can't connect to a corporate VPN. Or one that cannot encrypt files natively.
    Wait a second isn't that WP OS.... :P (you forgot attach files to reply emails as well)

I'm intrigued to be honest. Being slightly new to the Android scene with my Nexus 7 tablet. I'll wait and see what it looks like on the tablet and then see what phones come out. I may switch. Doesn't mean I'll switch forever but at this moment in time I'm a little bored with WP and the phones that have been released so far.
    06-26-2014 11:17 AM
    UI looks bad. Under the hood changes look good. Shift from Dalvik to ART runtime which offers better performances; different battery management; 5000 new APIs etc.
    What remains that's negative for me is that it belongs to Google, which means giving away your life details to that trashy company. But i'll have to buy an Android anyways. WP is making me very unhappy.
    use Microsoft services?

Google will know as much as you allow them to.
    06-26-2014 12:02 PM
    As someone that is currently carrying a Kit Kat handset and a Windows Phone 8.1 handset daily, I have to say that I am not seeing anything ground breaking in the new version of Android. What I see is the first 'break' in Android with their move from Dalvik to ART. Long term, the move should make Android run longer, smoother and have better graphics than ever before. Short term, it will cause major fragmentation.

Now for those that have been with me on Windows Phone since day one, this is not the same Android that we used back in the day. I have had only 3 force closes in the month plus I've been running it. Skinning the device to look how I want and perform exactly how I want is amazing. Also, the App Gap, yes, I said it, is still huge. Unfortunately, these aren't big name Apps, but things like my bank has a Droid app, but not a WP app. Android has really grown up...

That said, I still give the nod to WP in most areas. Notifications - specifically the 'toast' ones are awesome. The viewable screen with tiles is easier to manage and the cameras are still light years ahead of everything else. I don't think Android L would make me switch, but if WP keeps edging closer to Android, that might.
    Jakez98 likes this.
    06-26-2014 01:22 PM
    What is Android?
    06-26-2014 03:08 PM
    As the old saying goes... 'You can't polish a turd... but you can roll it in glitter!!!' = Android L
    RJ Priest likes this.
    06-26-2014 05:02 PM
    Do you mean what makes it better for me, or what is Android L?
    what android L is..?
    06-26-2014 09:10 PM
    what android L is..?
    The latest iteration of Lagdroid fresh from Google :P
    ABsmoove likes this.
    06-26-2014 11:41 PM
    What is Android?
    It's more commonly known as Lagdroid ;)
    06-26-2014 11:42 PM
    As a person who has eyes on (possibly) switching to another OS, I'm not really intrigued. Android L looks boring as ****. Yea, they got some cool features, but the flat look doesn't look good/pretty/cool for on Android. I really enjoy the look and feel of WP 8.1 Preview on my 920. iOS 8 looks more interesting to me compared to Android L right now.
    06-27-2014 02:08 AM
    Am i the only one who hates that changed button design? Whats that square circle and stuff? They are trying to turn it into consoles?

Anyways I'll be staying with WP. But yes I do hope microsoft works to put some good features in next update. Better notifications and an interactive notification bar would be nice.
    06-27-2014 02:57 AM
    Am i the only one who hates that changed button design? Whats that square circle and stuff? They are trying to turn it into consoles?

Anyways I'll be staying with WP. But yes I do hope microsoft works to put some good features in next update. Better notifications and an interactive notification bar would be nice.
    i noticed that...looks kinda weird with the whole android shebang...
    06-27-2014 04:30 AM
    Thoughts of Android L?
    boring-bart-simpsons-favim.com-439090_large.gif
    06-27-2014 04:59 AM
    People in general and the tech media are really going nuts for it. I expect a lot of people here to bash it, but as someone who uses both Windows Phone and Android, I'm really excited for it.
    Chregu and twint7787 like this.
    06-27-2014 05:20 AM
    use Microsoft services?

Google will know as much as you allow them to.
    Don't you still need a Google account to sign in with? Can one have an Android device and use only Microsoft services? Nope. To use things like apps, you need store and for that you need Google account.
    06-27-2014 05:41 AM
    People in general and the tech media are really going nuts for it. I expect a lot of people here to bash it, but as someone who uses both Windows Phone and Android, I'm really excited for it.
    Hey,how do you use both phones...i mean which app in which phone??im planning on buying an android alongside my wp so..
    06-27-2014 06:28 AM
    Don't you still need a Google account to sign in with? Can one have an Android device and use only Microsoft services? Nope. To use things like apps, you need store and for that you need Google account.
    The experience is somewhat crippled if you don't sign in with a Google account, but it's certainly doable. Android makes sideloading very easy. You can also install other app stores such as Amazon's. But yes, it's quite easy to use only Microsoft's services on an Android phone.
    06-27-2014 08:24 AM
79 1234