So whats your thought about Android L?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely have to get my hands on it. Some of the new features seem cool, but it just looks like a fresh coat of paint. I'm interested to see how the new notifications and app switcher work now. Idk if I'm crazy about the new app switcher...

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I no like. I like what they did done with android at the ICS and Kit Kat updates but not this L.

Some of the new power saving features look nice, although I do not like their new notification system.

Visually looks like they tool some notes from the Microsoft team. Microsoft I feel understands design better than the rest.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As long as microsoft continues metro UI,I m not going anywhere....but yes...google's new UI is much similar to metro and roumours of metro being replaced by microsoft is making me to consider android

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as microsoft continues metro UI,I m not going anywhere....but yes...google's new UI is much similar to metro and roumours of metro being replaced by microsoft is making me to consider android

I hope Microsoft keeps their current design language, it works, its modern, and everyone is designing like them so Microsoft is doing something right.

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm intrigued by their work done on animation, which is essential for a nice UX. However, I highly prefer Modern to Material, especially on Windows Phone. It should pressure Microsoft to keep improving it, and further differentiate it from other "flat design" philosophies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.

And when you switch, after a little while you're going to realize that slowly, but steadily Microsoft is becoming a mobile beast. Be faithful won't you.

girishN

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Are you taking about music app? It works perfectly with black update, the 8.1 is actually not officially out yet. They're actually being nice that you can use preview on all devices where as L's preview will only be limited to nexus 4 and 5 not even their whole nexus range, Moto phones come after that.
And Microsoft want you to use their services only? Even Google's services like contacts, calendar, mail are provided by Microsoft on windows phones not Google itself.
And X is there just to keep window phones in mid and high range, it serves a whole different purpose.
Still if you think MS is screwing you then go ahead, get an Android and get screwed by ads everywhere and the crap support.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Feel free to share your thoughts here...

it looks like crap. lots of wasted space, amd miss matched colors.

it should take a hint from the cyanogenmod team, instead of that ugly mess.

i would ditch that launcher for nova in about three seconds.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The biggest difference I notice are pale colors compared to harder brighter colors in WP. Also they have shadows and more prominent animations. It looks kinda kiddy/girly/soft to me.
But the feeling of depth, will probably offer a better understandable interface compared to the one on WP. Not so experienced users often don't know what is clickable in modern UI.
And I love actionable notifications. Wish WP would hurry up with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss