07-27-2014 11:01 AM
79 123 ...
tools
    Feel free to share your thoughts here...
    06-25-2014 10:01 PM
    I'll definitely have to get my hands on it. Some of the new features seem cool, but it just looks like a fresh coat of paint. I'm interested to see how the new notifications and app switcher work now. Idk if I'm crazy about the new app switcher...
    06-25-2014 10:40 PM
    A step backwards...VERY horrible update in my books.
    06-25-2014 11:11 PM
    It looks very compelling for me as i was considering android before, and this makes it much better.
    06-25-2014 11:30 PM
    What is it exactly?
    06-25-2014 11:55 PM
    What is it exactly?
    Do you mean what makes it better for me, or what is Android L?
    06-26-2014 12:06 AM
    I no like. I like what they did done with android at the ICS and Kit Kat updates but not this L.

Some of the new power saving features look nice, although I do not like their new notification system.

Visually looks like they tool some notes from the Microsoft team. Microsoft I feel understands design better than the rest.
    06-26-2014 12:07 AM
    As long as microsoft continues metro UI,I m not going anywhere....but yes...google's new UI is much similar to metro and roumours of metro being replaced by microsoft is making me to consider android
    06-26-2014 12:16 AM
    As long as microsoft continues metro UI,I m not going anywhere....but yes...google's new UI is much similar to metro and roumours of metro being replaced by microsoft is making me to consider android
    I hope Microsoft keeps their current design language, it works, its modern, and everyone is designing like them so Microsoft is doing something right.
    ABM Prottoy likes this.
    06-26-2014 12:54 AM
    Finally google did something good....oh wait it copied
    06-26-2014 01:24 AM
    I'm intrigued by their work done on animation, which is essential for a nice UX. However, I highly prefer Modern to Material, especially on Windows Phone. It should pressure Microsoft to keep improving it, and further differentiate it from other "flat design" philosophies.
    clvrbas and Brad Lambert like this.
    06-26-2014 01:24 AM
    Finally google did something good....oh wait it copied
    they all copy each other to a degree, how they each implement is where it gets interesting.
    aximtreo, Premium1 and Vishnu Hs like this.
    06-26-2014 01:29 AM
    I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.
    Jakez98 likes this.
    06-26-2014 02:26 AM
    I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.
    And when you switch, after a little while you're going to realize that slowly, but steadily Microsoft is becoming a mobile beast. Be faithful won't you.
    06-26-2014 02:42 AM
    Are you taking about music app? It works perfectly with black update, the 8.1 is actually not officially out yet. They're actually being nice that you can use preview on all devices where as L's preview will only be limited to nexus 4 and 5 not even their whole nexus range, Moto phones come after that.
    And Microsoft want you to use their services only? Even Google's services like contacts, calendar, mail are provided by Microsoft on windows phones not Google itself.
    And X is there just to keep window phones in mid and high range, it serves a whole different purpose.
    Still if you think MS is screwing you then go ahead, get an Android and get screwed by ads everywhere and the crap support.
    06-26-2014 02:52 AM
    Feel free to share your thoughts here...
    it looks like crap. lots of wasted space, amd miss matched colors.

it should take a hint from the cyanogenmod team, instead of that ugly mess.

i would ditch that launcher for nova in about three seconds.
    Vishnu Hs likes this.
    06-26-2014 02:55 AM
    Hmmm, that is true. I almost gave in to the droid. I'm ashamed of myself
    06-26-2014 03:20 AM
    I ll also get an android just to see how the new OS will cope up...they r cheap as hell(now with android one program)
    06-26-2014 04:36 AM
    The biggest difference I notice are pale colors compared to harder brighter colors in WP. Also they have shadows and more prominent animations. It looks kinda kiddy/girly/soft to me.
    But the feeling of depth, will probably offer a better understandable interface compared to the one on WP. Not so experienced users often don't know what is clickable in modern UI.
    And I love actionable notifications. Wish WP would hurry up with that.
    06-26-2014 04:51 AM
    Will Moto devices like Moto e get the update as well??
    06-26-2014 05:49 AM
    And when you switch, after a little while you're going to realize that slowly, but steadily Microsoft is becoming a mobile beast. Be faithful won't you.
    Why? I can always switch back if what you say turns out to be true.

I'm a customer, I don't have a relationship with Windows Phone. Using "faithful" in this context is creepy.
    wphashan, ohgood, N_LaRUE and 5 others like this.
    06-26-2014 06:00 AM
    But there are some things that are holding me to WP-here drive, CORTANA, WiFi sense, geofencing, windows phone's ultimate design, Nokia's camera( for a nokia device only) and above all Nokia's build quality
    06-26-2014 06:11 AM
    Why? I can always switch back if what you say turns out to be true.

I'm a customer, I don't have a relationship with Windows Phone. Using "faithful" in this context is creepy.
    U got a point there...
    06-26-2014 06:12 AM
    And I love actionable notifications. Wish WP would hurry up with that.

I don't think those are actionable notifications. It kind of our toast notifications with a bit more functionality. We don't have them for calls but we have them for messages. I have Galaxy S5 on test and let's say I'm talking with someone on facebook messenger and meanwhile I'm browsing Tapatalk. If I get message on my Lumia 820 toast notification appears and I can click on it I app will open or I can slide it away. On Galaxy S5 you only see a notification in status bar and you can't do anything with it. You have to pull notification center down and than you only can click on it and go to app.

Any way I do like this new redesign, some thing we already know some are new. ART should be quite cool. I like it :D .
    06-26-2014 06:20 AM
    Pro....it is slightly attractive

Cons....it is still google and android.

So definitely pass.
    I_m_Snah and Blu3V3nom07 like this.
    06-26-2014 06:29 AM
79 123 ...