Android looks tempting..

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

My current contract for my Lumia 620 ends next year in July. I've been very pleased with my Lumia, except from the pitiful regular screen bugging it occurs. Other than that, it's been a great phone.

Every month, my brain is tempted more and more to go and replace my trustworthy Windows Phone with an Android device. I mean, that Moto G and Android 4.4... Snap out of it, Lewis!

Anyway, if there's anyone here who can convince me to stay on WP8.1 I'll happily take your advice. I'm in two mindsets at the moment, and I really want to stay on Windows Phone but at the same time I don't...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well if you want to dip your toes in Android, I'd recommend you try it. Perhaps a MOTO E or older device as sort of a demo for a bit.
Heck, for a while I ended up using two iOS and PalmOS/webOS devices at once, awkward though.

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well if you want to dip your toes in Android, I'd recommend you try it. Perhaps a MOTO E or older device as sort of a demo for a bit.
Heck, for a while I ended up using two iOS and PalmOS/webOS devices at once, awkward though.

I do have an Android 4.1.2 tablet, which is nice, but I do love the look and transparency of 4.4. Maybe I'll stick with Windows Phone next year but I'll try and save up for a pay as you go secondary 4.4 phone.

Thanks for the reply!

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Really? This thread is a joke. You want some one here to beg you to stay on WP? How about you use your own mind and make your own decisions. The sheer thought of relying completely on someone else and their experience to make up my mind for me, makes me want to puke. If you can't see the beauty in something, asking to borrow someone's senses and thoughts, is just being a follower. Be a leader. Make your own decisions. If you want to stay w/WP, great, if not, good luck.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with James. You shouldn't need to have someone convince you to stay. I dab in both and don't care what people think to say. It's my options. You don't have to stay or leave, but try both and see what works for you. There's never going to be that one thing that's gonna make me stay with one or the other. I will however say that if you're not getting a phone with 4.4 Kit Kat, don't waste your time and wait till WP release newer 8.1 devices.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a difference of opinion. We use it in other avenues of our lives to provide introspective in proposing aspects that we didn't come up with ourselves.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Root your tablet and slap 4.4 kitkat or an early L build and play around with that?

Agree with everyone else here. If you need convincing you've already made your mind. Buy what makes you happy - whatever it is.

There is no loyalty in consumerism, no matter what is said: Be loyal to your wallet ;)

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I got a new tablet running 4.4.3...it's very different to say the least..

Android L will be even more different yet.

The newest Android phones ( flagship ones) are so far ahead of the mid grade phones it's unbelievable in how smoothly they do everything,and by the time your contract is up next July...what's out now will be behind....

Stay or go,well nobody can convince you on that, it's something you gotta figure out, but will say unless your buying a phone outright,off contract, look at the top end phones to see what they can do. 2 that I really like right now are the HTC m8 and the Sony x2 . I put 3 side by side just a hour ago including the LG3 and those 2 would be the ones I would choose for my taste ..which is for music and video needs..ymmv of course..

Lastly checkout the YouTube videos on 8.1vs Android L and look at the differences that will be on both before deciding since you have a year to wait..both should be in full swing on a lot of phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3