Tried out a Galaxy S4

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 for testing for future Android game development and began playing around with it today. I have to say I'm very impressed. I've used Android on various Sony phones and I never really cared for it. However, the high end Samsung phone is spectacular. Large screen with beautiful colours and it seems to work really nicely with the version of Android it's using (4.2.2, I think?).

I'm still a Windows Phone die hard ... but I think I might check out Samsung's Windows Phone offering next time I upgrade. I hadn't really considered an Ativ earlier but after playing with the S4, I will definitely take a look at the next gen Ativ.

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Actually I was wrong ... the Android version is 4.4.2. I guess that's Kit Kat? When I set up the phone it did an update so I'm guessing it must be on the latest version. All in all ... I'm impressed with the hardware and software. Although I'm not too impressed with the camera ... everything else is a big step up from my Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.1. Microsoft need to pull up their socks I think. Still, competition is a good thing and I'm sure they'll step up their game.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually I was wrong ... the Android version is 4.4.2. I guess that's Kit Kat? When I set up the phone it did an update so I'm guessing it must be on the latest version. All in all ... I'm impressed with the hardware and software. Although I'm not too impressed with the camera ... everything else is a big step up from my Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.1. Microsoft need to pull up their socks I think. Still, competition is a good thing and I'm sure they'll step up their game.

Yup just checked on the internet , that android kitkat. But day before yesterday I tried out Samsung galaxy S4 which was running kitkat was slow. When I swipe to unlock the screen , it took a good 2-3 sec delay. It was running the stock touchwiz launcher. Haa I have to agree the screen colors were great and popping out but when I tried to play a simple game (asphalt 8) it took a lot of time to. Didn't calculated but a good time. My lumia 920 would have done better job opening and rendering the graphics. It was a stuttering while drifting , smoke effects were not up to the mark. But I have heard the stock android perform a lot better. Peeps blame samsung own touchwiz UI. Anyways I hope you are enjoying with your S4. You can visit www.androidcentral.com to stay up to date with all the android stuff. :smile:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips ... the screen unlock seems quick to me. Under a second.

I'll try a few games and see the performance. I would have thought with 2 gigs of ram it should be pretty good ... but I guess you should never assume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills