The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Lol. I took this device for a spin for a day. I must admit I was highly impressed. It is is a decent device overall as far as hardware and software that is considered outdated.

In the Google play store all apps are there including all MSFT apps. And the the hardware by far better than the NL 630, 635.

But not for me. I'm gave it away for free to my mother in law. Wifi and her mom love Android.

But what trouble me much. Is this. I can get this device the Galaxy S3 for the same value as a NL 630, NL 635 from best buy, amazon, and eBay. With better app store and better specs.

I am sold on Windows Phones. And I will stick to WP for ever. But for the new consumer. How is it that MSFT is trying to attract them when a 2 year old Galaxy S3 out spec and out preforms their new phones such as the NL 630 and NL 635?

Is it just me? Or does anyone else see that Android is well on top in this situation.

I know I posted this on an Android forums but feed back from everyone is well accepted.

Mind mugging and freaking unavailable. What is MSFT thinking. Releasing phones with no flash, and 8GB of memory?

Your thoughts?
    07-27-2014 09:32 PM
    That 2 yrs old S3 was released as a flagship phone. You are comparing a flagship phone (thats fine its 2 yrs old) with a start-up model (latest) of diff company. Even someone might sell iPhone 1 or 2 with same price, but that was a flagship - 4 or 5 yrs back. I understand and even I dont agree for a new phone without flash and a very limited memory, but then I think its for those who dont need the specific functionality.
    App gap is there and its for a number of users with specific apps..As such for a common user,its almost 19 here and 20 there or vice versa...thats my opinion.
    k0de and xandros9 like this.
    07-27-2014 09:52 PM
    I don't feel that it's fair to compare what is considered a high end phone to a lower end phone, even if they were released 2 years apart. The 630 and 635 sell for maybe $100-$150 today, right? They were never meant to be high end phones and the lower specs are intentional. The situation was a bit different 2 years ago. The Lumia 920, while maybe not as good spec wise, worked as fast or faster than the Galaxy S3, and they sold for around the same price. Now the competition is between the Galaxy S5 and the Lumia 930/Icon.
    It's like comparing a 2 year old computer with an i7 processor to a brand new computer with an i3 processor. Or a 2 year old BMW car to a brand new Kia.
    k0de likes this.
    07-27-2014 09:54 PM
    Understood. As a new consumer to smart phones. Which one will you choose for the value? Say you were buying your first smart phone today?

So explain how does MSFT have advantage on low end markets. When Android two year old flagships are already in position?

Seriously Im trying to put the two together. I was deeply trouble to see this two year old phone. At $50 value performing better than new Windows phones at $150 value.

It doesn't make sense to me. And I know im not alone.
    07-27-2014 09:59 PM
    Understood. As a new consumer to smart phones. Which one will you choose for the value? Say you were buying your first smart phone today?

So explain how does MSFT have advantage on low end markets. When Android two year old flagships are already in position?

Seriously Im trying to put the two together. I was deeply trouble to see this two year old phone. At $50 value performing better than new Windows phones at $150 value.

It doesn't make sense to me. And I know im not alone.
    At $50 it was grossly undervalued. It was an insanely good deal. If I saw that, I would jump on that without hesitation (if it was good condition, this is practically firesale level) and I don't jump on these opportunities readily. Even used it rarely falls below $150 online. New, its $200+, off contract from a carrier - I believe even more, unlike the 63x's.
    The Lumia 920 is a much better candidate to compare it to, it's like if I compared my 920 with today's MOTO E, or some cheapo chinese Android.
    You're essentially comparing a 920-peer directly with a bottom-of-the-bargain-bin phone.

Also, since it was secondhand and not-new, one shifts the price from money, to the risk of getting a lemon, or otherwise less-than-new/worn out device.
    k0de likes this.
    07-27-2014 10:14 PM
    I couldn't resist. But not for me. But still anyone can get online for a little as $150.
    Sent from my NL 925 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20140727_003.jpg  
    07-27-2014 10:29 PM
    So, for these brand new smart phone buyers, how many are going to buy an unlocked phone from a friend? What are the chances that an AT&T or Verizon store is going to have a 2 year old phone in stock? These prospective buyers have been using dumb phones, are probably a bit older than us, and they probably don't care about the specs or whether or not the latest social apps or games are available; they want something easy to use, a brand new phone with a warranty; a Lumia 635 or even a 520 is adequate for their needs.
    07-27-2014 10:30 PM
    WP traditionally doesn't require as much hardware to run smoothly as Android does. Android for the most part is always going to have bigger processors than WP, even if you compare current flagship models. WP full cost is generally going to cost less too.

But mainly what everyone else said. Flagship vs entry level are never fair to compare, regardless of age.
    k0de likes this.
    07-27-2014 10:32 PM