Moto G2 now available

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like they improved this phone. 5" Amoled screen, Snapdragon 400, stereo front facing speakers, 8 megapixel rear camera, 2mp front, and micro SD card. MSRP is $179.99, but it will end up selling for less, just like the first Moto G did. Sounds like a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a cheap Android device. It's also guaranteed future Android updates.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I mean moto g 2 is same as moto g except for micro SD card.how can it sell with same feature as the last generation.low ppi compared to previous moto.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I mean moto g 2 is same as moto g except for micro SD card.how can it sell with same feature as the last generation.low ppi compared to previous moto.

If you compare it with old Moto G, new one has better camera, better speakers and mic, extended memory, and a guaranteed update for Android L . They are selling it in a price cheaper than the old Moto G. Microsoft should learn from Motorola about the pricing of Lumia phones. MS unnecessary keep a higher price than it deserve for most of the models.
Now i'm feeling bad about buying Lumia630 :(

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh no moto g 2 includes micro SD .that will kill Lumia 730.plz moto g 2 should fail.

I heard Motorola took feedback from people about the new Moto G before building it. On the other hand MS never listens to its customers and successfully disappoints its loyal customers with every new models.
:angry:

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What is disappointment.lumia 730 is the best mid range.it has everything except glance.moto g2 is same as moto g.lets see the sales this time.lumia 730 will be crown of wp atleast in India.price is same as Lumia 720 with 5mp front camera.but Lumia 830 will fail with the price tag of 26000 Rs.in India only lava iris x5 have the 5 mo camera which no Indians will go.because we Indians are brand conscious.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Compare this new G with the Lumia 830. The only place the Lumia beats the new G is the back camera. Same size screen, same processor, same RAM, both have SD card slots, the G has a better FFC and probably better speakers too.

One is €330, the other is less than €200.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why you guys are comparing the Moto G to Lumia 730 and 830, those phones cost above $250 and their competitors are different.

While I think that the 730 isn't half bad, the 830 is easily beaten by the Nexus 5 or OnePlusOne when it comes to the price, and both devices offer true flagship experiences compared to the 830.

Alas, Windows Phone had a lot of potential in the low end and midrange side but it seems it will be beaten by Android there as well. :/

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why you guys are comparing the Moto G to Lumia 730 and 830, those phones cost above $250 and their competitors are different.

While I think that the 730 isn't half bad, the 830 is easily beaten by the Nexus 5 or OnePlusOne when it comes to the price, and both devices offer true flagship experiences compared to the 830.

Alas, Windows Phone had a lot of potential in the low end and midrange side but it seems it will be beaten by Android there as well. :/

Keep in mind that the OnePlus One is purposefully selling at cost to the to build up a brand and is very limited in availability and the Nexus 5/Moto X/G/E are heavily subsidized by Google's advertising dollars. While the Nexus series will continue on, there's not a chance in hell that Lenovo will continue to deal with Motorola's 1.2 billion per quarter loss. Also keep in mind that the 730/830 were probably started by Nokia and only continued by Microsoft, so "Microsoft doesn't listen to customers" is a little hyperbolic.

Obviously it doesn't affect the current situation, but it's certainly not as black and white and you're trying to make it sound.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

You're looking at it from the perspective of a tech enthusiast.

But I want to ask, if a normal person saw a Lumia 830 sitting on a glowing charging pad on the left, and a OnePlus One chilling on a micro-USB charge on the right, which one will this person take a look at?

This is the point Microsoft's trying to hammer with the L830. It is about premium experiences (that you'd normally find in premium handsets), e.g. solid camera, fancy accessories, eye catching design, at affordable pricing.

The people they're aiming at with the Lumia 830 aren't tech enthusiasts, but people looking at older gen iPhones at similar pricing.

Think of it as the Windows Phone equivalent to the iPhone 5C. It's essentially a mid-end phone with high-end edges frills sold for a relatively high price. If given the right push (in terms of market messaging), the L830 more than stands a chance against the iPhone 4S, 5C and 5S, especially when the latter two will be $400-450+.

Believe it or not the crowd that buys Nexus 5s or OnePlus Ones from source isn't very big. Many of the Nexus 5s you see in the wild, at least in Canada, are in fact from carriers and sold to users as though it were a $500+ phone.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You're looking at it from the perspective of a tech enthusiast.

But I want to ask, if a normal person saw a Lumia 830 sitting on a glowing charging pad on the left, and a OnePlus One chilling on a micro-USB charge on the right, which one will this person take a look at?

This is the point Microsoft's trying to hammer with the L830. It is about premium experiences (that you'd normally find in premium handsets), e.g. solid camera, fancy accessories, eye catching design, at affordable pricing.

The people they're aiming at with the Lumia 830 aren't tech enthusiasts, but people looking at older gen iPhones at similar pricing.

Think of it as the Windows Phone equivalent to the iPhone 5C. It's essentially a mid-end phone with high-end edges frills sold for a relatively high price. If given the right push (in terms of market messaging), the L830 more than stands a chance against the iPhone 4S, 5C and 5S, especially when the latter two will be $400-450+.

Believe it or not the crowd that buys Nexus 5s or OnePlus Ones from source isn't very big. Many of the Nexus 5s you see in the wild, at least in Canada, are in fact from carriers and sold to users as though it were a $500+ phone.

Plus, to expand on what you're saying, I would like to quote Forbes:

"But what Nokia is doing is making flagship affordable devices and rather than relying on shiny new things to grab headlines, it?s hoping to sell a concept, a lifestyle. Every manufacturer does this in some way. But only Apple AAPL +0.87% has been truly successful at it, people who buy Apple products are, well, people who buy Apple products. They know who they are and they?re easily identifiable. That?s less the case for HTC, Sony and Samsung users ? despite their popularity.

Nokia wants to ape Apple and that?s why the headline isn?t the processor, or the screen resolution, but furniture-like wireless charger, free music subscription service, colourful design and price. It wants you buy into the idea and not the specifications, because lifestyle customers ? who feel that their smartphone is an extension of their personality ? are far more loyal than spec-hunters."

I think this perfectly describes what Microsoft is doing. They would rather have a lower, but loyal following like Apple compared to the spec hunters who go from Nexus to OnePlus to Samsung every year. At least with the Lumias. For spec freaks, they're trying to attract OEMs to give the "BEST SPECS EVAR" headline while they handle the "lifestyle customers". I think it's important to capture those people since Microsoft is moving to be pushing their services as they're giving more and more of their OS away and these "lifestyle customers" are more likely to subscribe to Xbox music, buy things from Xbox video, and generally stay within the Microsoft ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb