Google unveiled the Nexus 6 just now

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope. The stock 930 charger isn't compatible AFAIK. I am not sure if a 15 minute charge could do damage because there haven't been any reports about this that I've read.

Has anyone really tested this in Windows Phone? There is a world of difference in something that is theoretically possible and something thats enabled and good to go.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There are iPhones on all major US carriers. Not sure about the 6/6+ but the 5S was available even on small regional carriers like US Cellular. The GS3 was also on all the carriers even prepaids like MetroPOS, Virgin and Straight Talk. Not a very common occurrence but not unheard of. I guess we're so used to WP only being on select carriers with select devices. Sucks don't it?

It's funny because here in Europe it's not like that at all, you can pretty much get any WP on any carrier.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope. The stock 930 charger isn't compatible AFAIK. I am not sure if a 15 minute charge could do damage because there haven't been any reports about this that I've read.

Wait what? And I thought I was using quick charge all this time! What kind of charger do I need to buy to use quick charge??

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wait what? And I thought I was using quick charge all this time! What kind of charger do I need to buy to use quick charge??

I spoke to Nokia UK Support, the 930 ships with a Nokia Universal Fast USB Charger AC-60 which is Quick Charge 2.0 capable.

With 1.5A output power, you can charge up to 35% faster for the first 30 minutes on an empty battery.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6 sure looks nice, of course the price for it is ridiculous. You're talking about a 6 inch screen here every inch added to a screen adds the price up to 50$ more, then you have the resolution that increased as well which is a variable depending on the screen technology and everything. Also you have the minimum storage of 32 GB compare to the 1520 which is 16 GB.

Next you got the metal frame, metal isn't cheap (unless it's aluminum) so really it justifies the price of 650$ minimum. I'm not gonna pick it up since I have a guinea pig Moto X 2013 here (I simply got it just to test things out, it was cheap to buy anyway)

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I wonder why it isn't listed on Qualcomm's website under Quick Charge 2.0 certified accessories - https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

They're listed as 'accessory' chargers, not the ones that ship with the devices.
Plus, the site clearly states: "Below are some of the accessories that have been certified by UL to meet compatibility and interoperability requirements."

The 930 is a certified device, makers sense to ship with a certified charger.

Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They're listed as 'accessory' chargers, not the ones that ship with the devices.
Plus, the site clearly states: "Below are some of the accessories that have been certified by UL to meet compatibility and interoperability requirements."

The 930 is a certified device, makers sense to ship with a certified charger.
Sure, it does make sense. I wish the 1520 also came with that charger. It has a bigger battery and takes a really long time to charge with the regular charger.

Also, I wonder, why the Microsoft website doesn't mention that it's Quick Charge 2.0 capable https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fmobile%2Faccessory%2Fac-60%2F&token=A941TmJJ like how the Motorola website does for the Turbo Charger https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...otorola-turbo-charger-pdp.html&token=GFWo4cLH.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, it does make sense. I wish the 1520 also came with that charger. It has a bigger battery and takes a really long time to charge with the regular charger.

Also, I wonder, why the Microsoft website doesn't mention that it's Quick Charge 2.0 capable Nokia Universal Fast USB Charger Overview - Nokia like how the Motorola website does for the Turbo Charger Motorola Turbo Charger.

What you mean? I had both devices at the same time L930 and L1520. Both come with the same charger?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Also, I wonder, why the Microsoft website doesn't mention that it's Quick Charge 2.0 capable https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fmobile%2Faccessory%2Fac-60%2F&token=2yvOdXUI like how the Motorola website does for the Turbo Charger https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...otorola-turbo-charger-pdp.html&token=u5Dgzb5y.

1520 is Quick Charge 2.0 Certified, also ships with the AC-60 charger.

The Microsoft site does explain how you can charge up to 35% faster - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fmobile%2Faccessory%2Fac-60%2F&token=2yvOdXUI

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/devices/all?manufacturer=Nokia

Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1520 is Quick Charge 2.0 Certified, also ships with the AC-60 charger.

The Microsoft site does explain how you can charge up to 35% faster - Nokia Universal Fast USB Charger Overview - Nokia

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/devices/all?manufacturer=Nokia

Yes, my 1520 has the same charger but it surely isn't giving me as fast as charge as Quick Charge 2.0 is advertised to give. Up to 8 hours or charge in 15 minutes or even 30 minutes? Nope.

Also the AC-60 specification mentions 5V/1.5A output whereas the Quick Charge test charger has a 9V/2A output. This leads me to believe that the charger in the box isn't the quickest.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to get to the bottom of this because I am tired with the amount of time it takes my 1520 to get to full charge. I'll try with a 2A charger and see how it goes.

I'm awaiting an email from Microsoft, I'm starting to think the stock charger only gives a boost charge...
If so, I'll buy a Motorola Turbo Charger...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Going by the reactions on some Android forums I can see that a lot of people are disappointed with the price and are looking to get a OnePlus One instead.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Going by the reactions on some Android forums I can see that a lot of people are disappointed with the price and are looking to get a OnePlus One instead.

Yep, there's a lot of people unhappy about the price. The problem with cheap phones though, is that they have compromises. The small battery of last years Nexus was a real downer for me. I'd rather pay more and get a great phone.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my 1520 has the same charger but it surely isn't giving me as fast as charge as Quick Charge 2.0 is advertised to give. Up to 8 hours or charge in 15 minutes or even 30 minutes? Nope.

Also the AC-60 specification mentions 5V/1.5A output whereas the Quick Charge test charger has a 9V/2A output. This leads me to believe that the charger in the box isn't the quickest.

I'm also very curious about this because I don't believe my 930 is getting charged as fast it's supposed to be. Today for the first time ever I actually got a pop-up message saying something like "your phone is charging slowly, use the adapter and usb cable which came with the phone for faster charging". I am using the charger that came out of the box! ... But I'm using a longer usb cable which I bought separately because I needed a longer cable. Do you think it actually matters what kind of cable you're using? I don't see why it would make a difference but this pop-up message clearly said that I should also be using the provided Nokia cable.

Ugh this is so confusing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro