Google unveiled the Nexus 6 just now

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also very curious about this because I don't believe my 930 is getting charged as fast it's supposed to be. Today for the first time ever I actually got a pop-up message saying something like "your phone is charging slowly, use the adapter and usb cable which came with the phone for faster charging". I am using the charger that came out of the box! ... But I'm using a longer usb cable which I bought separately because I needed a longer cable. Do you think it actually matters what kind of cable you're using? I don't see why it would make a difference but this pop-up message clearly said that I should also be using the provided Nokia cable.

Ugh this is so confusing...

I think you can follow this thread. Someone is using the Moto Turbo Charge and getting 60% charge per hour - http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...a-turbo-charger-quick-charge-2-0-icon-dp.html.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
According to the email from MSFT, there are 2 types of charger currently certified.
Class A: 5/9/12V
Class B: 5/9/12/20V

So, if you have a Lumia 1520 or 930, you need to buy a Quick Charge 2.0 charger and use the cable it comes with. Urgh :/

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
No offense to WP users, but Android L puts Windows Phone to shame.

Android 5.0 Lollipop - Developer Preview (latest)?: http://youtu.be/v1LnqRwjJyE

But I suppose we should give WP a few more months(or years) to catch up with those features.

Extremely excited. And I'm keep my N5 for this(was planning to sell it before)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No offense to WP users, but Android L puts Windows Phone to shame.

Android 5.0 Lollipop - Developer Preview (latest)?: http://youtu.be/v1LnqRwjJyE

But I suppose we should give WP a few more months(or years) to catch up with those features.

Extremely excited. And I'm keep my N5 for this(was planning to sell it before)

Wow..tell me how smooth it is after using for a couple of weeks or a month. I have my device for almost a year now and it haven't failed me once except for a couple of occasions(rogue apps) and I can't almost remember when was the last time I performed a hard reset. Ahh...the day before I walk out of the store with my new Red Glossy 1520 to test whether it would brick with the process.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow..tell me how smooth it is after using for a couple of weeks or a month. I have my device for almost a year now and it haven't failed me once except for a couple of occasions(rogue apps) and I can't almost remember when was the last time I performed a hard reset. Ahh...the day before I walk out of the store with my new Red Glossy 1520 to test whether it would brick with the process.

The whole Android gets laggy after a few months is very old now, stop bringing in that up again and again.

I've never had to hard reset any of my devices released after 2012, this includes my current Nexus 5(not laggy at all, but camera needs repair).

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Same as day one. Android L is very well coded. It's not an issue with newer devices and especially with Android 5.0

Soulstream

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

My nexus5 hasn't slowed down at all since i bought it 8 months ago.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
People are so excited to bring their new puppy home, they forget to housebreak it. What I mean is that ALL smartphones come with default factory settings that the OEM uses to show off all its features. These may or may not suit you. It takes time to properly set up a phone and that usually means disabling a lot of resource-consuming features that you will never use. I never use NFC but I've never seen a WP phone that doesn't boot up without it being on. NFC is a battery hog and it's well documented here and elsewhere but if you ignore it, you'll be complaining about the battery life sucking on your phone. That's just one example, due diligence is every owner's responsibility.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 5 this morning, and I simply cannot put my phone down. Everything is new it seems, and it's a very fluid and delightful experience. That's all I'm going to say.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 5 this morning, and I simply cannot put my phone down. Everything is new it seems, and it's a very fluid and delightful experience. That's all I'm going to say.

How does it play with apps? What I mean is, does Lollipop seem to be optimized for older apps that still run on Dalvik?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoy reading your posts, even when you provide no sources I know that we can rely on you to provide accurate and unbiased information to the WPCentral community.
With that said, I am highly intrigued by what you said about NFC, I always keep it on with my Nexus 5(and as you know N5 doesn't have the best battery life as is), I am interested in reading more about NFC's impact on battery life. Mind giving me some more detail?
I've never cared much about it, because despite it being on always, it has never shown up in my battery stats:

That's very kind of you. Since you asked in a very nice fashion, I'll break my own rules and provide you with this:

How does NFC affect battery life on mobile handsets? - Quora

I'm not in the habit of providing "sources" or "links" because I'm so old-school, it hurts. I took journalism in middle school and high school and was always taught to keep sources close to the vest. Besides, you young whippersnappers don't want to work, y'all want everything gift-wrapped. :cool:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoy reading your posts, even when you provide no sources I know that we can rely on you to provide accurate and unbiased information to the WPCentral community.

With that said, I am highly intrigued by what you said about NFC, I always keep it on with my Nexus 5(and as you know N5 doesn't have the best battery life as is), I am interested in reading more about NFC's impact on battery life. Mind giving me some more detail?

I've never cared much about it, because despite it being on always, it has never shown up in my battery stats:

The NFC's effect on the battery is negligible in Android. I don't believe you'd get any noticeable improvement in battery life by disabling it.

Microsoft has a lot of work to do on WP's NFC. I don't even use it on my WPs because it's virtually worthless. Combine that with it also being an energy vampire and there's little incentive to leave it turned on.

I have Android L installed on my Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi model, and I agree! I haven't put it no my Nexus 5. It's my primary device, so I'm waiting for the official release.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The whole Android gets laggy after a few months is very old now, stop bringing in that up again and again.

I've never had to hard reset any of my devices released after 2012, this includes my current Nexus 5(not laggy at all, but camera needs repair).

I think people don't realize that, often, the lag on Android doesn't have to do with the OS but with the amount of cr*p the OEMs put into their Android skins. And since the most popular Android devices are from Samsung, whose TouchWiz is made of the same stuff nightmares are made of, these people all take the Samsung-experience as a standard for Android.

They often fail to realise that phones with no skin (like the Nexus line) or with minimal skins (like Motorola or Sony) don't get as laggy as Samsung because they don't come with half the memory filled with uninstallable apps and heavy alterations to the way the original OS works.

They just like to call it "Lagdroid". Even if some Windows Phones currently lag more than their Android counterparts...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss