3 months left on WP

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just over 3 months left on my contract and I'm pretty much resigned to leaving WP in favour of a shiny new Z3 on Android.

It really pains me to switch but progress on this platform is too slow for me. It seems MS is doing its best to cater for the American markets. I have without a shadow of a doubt, the best camera phone available in the world but what feels like an unsupported OS.

Anyway, I'm kinda excited at the thought of having a Z3. It looks like an impressive piece of kit and more importantly, there are official and many third party apps for all the things I need plus all the top games too. Plus I can look forward to getting back into making CFWs. The only downside is my irrational hatred of Google.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just seen the dxomark scores for the iPhone 6/Plus. Both phones have stormed to the top of the charts. The 1020 is down to 10th!

Hmmm, looks like I may have to reconsider a switch to iOS. The 1020 creates simply amazing photos but if the Galaxy S4, 5S, Z1, 808 (hard to argue with this one), Z2, Z3, S5 and the new iPhones are much better, perhaps I need to look elsewhere.

How on earth have they reached that conclusion?!?

Just amazing.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The 1020 creates simply amazing photos but if the Galaxy S4, 5S, Z1, 808 (hard to argue with this one), Z2, Z3, S5 and the new iPhones are much better, perhaps I need to look elsewhere.

The 1020 smokes those phones you listed, don't let some fancy camera website tell you any different. They are higher than I am, which is pretty bad.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The 1020 smokes those phones you listed, don't let some fancy camera website tell you any different. They are higher than I am, which is pretty bad.

So high you missed my sarcasm ;)

I lost so much respect for dxomark when the 1020 was rated so low originally. This isn't about fanboyism, it's just shocking that a phone that takes such amazing photos ranks lower than phones which produce noticeably worse photos. The 1020 isn't perfect as it's very slow shot to shot and automatic mode has some issues but the end result is just better than other phones.

The gap is closing for sure but I'm yet to see a single, unedited image taken on any phone that rivals or betters the image quality on the 1020.

It's just incredibly disappointing that so called 'impartial' reviewers are incapable of providing fair results.

Yet another nail in the WP coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just over 3 months left on my contract and I'm pretty much resigned to leaving WP in favour of a shiny new Z3 on Android.

It really pains me to switch but progress on this platform is too slow for me. It seems MS is doing its best to cater for the American markets. I have without a shadow of a doubt, the best camera phone available in the world but what feels like an unsupported OS.

Anyway, I'm kinda excited at the thought of having a Z3. It looks like an impressive piece of kit and more importantly, there are official and many third party apps for all the things I need plus all the top games too. Plus I can look forward to getting back into making CFWs. The only downside is my irrational hatred of Google.

Please note that few people reports issue with xperia phone crashing when taking few pictures in a row. Seems to be related to the fact that the phone is water resistant and lack holes for giving fresh air.

Fyi I recently switched from 1020 to 930 and so far very happy with it. Camera was better on 1020 but not bad at all on the 930. To be honest I'm looking forward for Denim update and also Windows 10 on my phone as everything will move very quickly after that (one store for all Microsoft device)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Please note that few people reports issue with xperia phone crashing when taking few pictures in a row. Seems to be related to the fact that the phone is water resistant and lack holes for giving fresh air.

Fyi I recently switched from 1020 to 930 and so far very happy with it. Camera was better on 1020 but not bad at all on the 930. To be honest I'm looking forward for Denim update and also Windows 10 on my phone as everything will move very quickly after that (one store for all Microsoft device)

I love my 1020 and if WP was in a better state, I wouldn't be thinking about switching platforms. I've recently purchased a Garmin cycle computer and it would be great being able to use their official app for phone notifications and live updates but there is no WP support. Same with my bank. Plus there's quite a few other apps and games that I feel I'm missing out on.

It will be a compromise in terms of camera quality going from the 1020 but everything else is miles better on Android and iOS. I don't fancy getting an iPhone so that leaves an Android device.

Thanks for the tip regarding the Z3 camera bug...it's something to think about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas