I posted a thread about how android done an advert... Seems like they released another one (I am in UK) anyone else seen this? This time its about saving data online
    11-15-2014 05:34 PM
    What Android device was featured in the advert?
    11-16-2014 01:12 AM
    11-16-2014 01:46 AM
    During the last two days whilst those two adds have aired I must have seen several different MS ads, one for Cortana V Siri, one for the Surface 3 multiple times, the Azure cloud ad, and a couple of Xbox One ads, and I normally fall asleep during adverts (Or at least come on here) so for me to see that many is going some.
    11-16-2014 04:31 AM
    I've seen loads of Microsoft ads recently. Mostly for the Surface Pro 3 and Lumia 630/930.

There's also been a few Xbox ads
    11-16-2014 04:48 AM
    Funny enough as soon as I wrote this thread another new android advert popped up on tv. That makes 3 new ones in the last day or so. I know Microsoft has loads but they have been split over a couple of weeks or so each time they release a new advert. Android seems to be getting them all out as soon as they can
    11-16-2014 06:33 AM
    I've noticed the new android ads quite a lot - three adverts during the blacklist, on sky. They're taking up for Christmas, I guess.
    11-16-2014 06:39 AM
    I'm in the UK too. But as I don't own a television licence I don't watch television so will miss these adverts.

Casting my mind back to when I did have a license, I recall that the Microsoft ads were always cringe-worthy and put me off MS devices rather than attracting me to them.

I think Android ads will do much the same. I'll search them out online.
    11-16-2014 07:35 AM
    I'm in the UK too. But as I don't own a television licence I don't watch television so will miss these adverts.

Casting my mind back to when I did have a license, I recall that the Microsoft ads were always cringe-worthy and put me off MS devices rather than attracting me to them.

I think Android ads will do much the same. I'll search them out online.
    I am in Lewisham and don't think anyone here has a tv licence lol
    11-16-2014 08:38 AM
    I am in Lewisham and don't think anyone here has a tv licence lol
    Very funny.

I am over in Selsdon, if I go up hill towards Selsdon itself they probably do have licenses, but if I go the other way towards New Addington they only have licenses if they steal them when they steal the telly
    11-16-2014 11:49 AM
    Bromley way, so licences abound here, but only because of the elderly population! Couple of miles away are the Crays, so no licences - TV, driving, or otherwise!

Oh, we are a cruel bunch here is SE London.
    --------------
    As for the Google ads, nothing there has made me want to move back to Android. The OK Google ads are very cleverly pieced together.

I'm looking forward to Lollipop arriving on my increasingly unused Moto G 4G so I can experience the new annoyances that will appear.
    11-16-2014 12:16 PM
    Loooool sounds like the only Lumia supporters are mostly based in London and have a licence missing for one thing or another 😉
    11-16-2014 01:43 PM
    I really enjoyed the Google ads, they have quite a bit of humanity in them and are about people rather than the only focus being on the product. I live in Berlin, Germany, and there are more and more ads here, even on billboards and at bus stations (eg. for YouTubers and Google Maps).

As part of one of the Google Maps campaigns, they setup a microsite where you could find tips and info about all the different parks in Berlin. An awesome concept, especially as it was around summer time when the weather was really hot, and the site had a lot of useful information on it. It seems like although they are operating on a global basis, Google are taking a very regionally sensitive approach to their work as well, which is nice to see.
    11-16-2014 07:17 PM