Nokia's new Android phone...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
While I do agree u do realize that wp wldnt even exist now if it wasn't for Nokia. And the fact that Nokia held over 90% of wp market is testimony to the fact that a lot of guys cared for Nokia and not WP.

In India this is still true as a lot of guys still use the basic Nokia's or ashas and are due for upgrade in the coming year and they wld be really tempted if a Nokia branded android is in the sub $200 market.

To suggest that WP wouldn't exist without Nokia is irrational. WP7 is still a part of Windows Phone and that was dominated by Samsung and HTC. The L900 was a post-Mango device and was released shortly before WP7 was mothballed.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
To suggest that WP wouldn't exist without Nokia is irrational. WP7 is still a part of Windows Phone and that was dominated by Samsung and HTC. The L900 was a post-Mango device and was released shortly before WP7 was mothballed.

Well Lumia 800 and 710 are some of the most popular WP devices even now.
Besides WP7 didn't have much reach in terms of markets and share in the first place.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My thoughts are... If MS stays true to the designs they have now, implement what the users have been asking for (not all the users, but those ideas that have been getting a lot of support), keep working on Cortana, give us a solid unified platform (pc/phone/xbox) and keep improving the Camera then at the end of the day, the WP loyalist will stay right where they are now, but they might still go out and buy a new nokia phone just for the fun of it lol

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
YES YES YES YES PLEASE YES!!!! I want to see Nokia make a comeback so much!!!

Although I wont be buying it because its an Android device. Well, never say never, but I doubt it very much. That said, it might actually sell as its an Android device and there are more users than the two users Windows Phone has.

I hope Nokia makes the comeback and Microsoft finds more than the two buyers for Windows Phone's, thats when we could see a Nokia Windows device, that I would buy!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Although I wont be buying it because its an Android device. Well, never say never, but I doubt it very much. That said, it might actually sell as its an Android device and there are more users than the two users Windows Phone has.

I hope Nokia makes the comeback and Microsoft finds more than the two buyers for Windows Phone's, thats when we could see a Nokia Windows device, that I would buy!

TBH I would buy it just for the streaming capabilities :D Once upon a time a magical wizard proclaimed that html 5 would be the new gold-standard, but that future has yet to manifest itself lol

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just saw this article on gsmarena.
Nokia C1 is the company's first post-Microsoft Android phone - GSMArena.com news

Now I know perfectly well that its gonna be a device manufactured by foxconn having the Nokia logo but that's also what worries me.
In countries like India Nokia is still huge and a lot of people are loyal to them and most will only care for the Nokia logo and not who manufactures it.
Judging by the N1 tablet pricing I am betting this phone will be priced very aggressively probably in $200 range which wld be really bad for the Lumias in the price range as a lot of the guys buys into WP in countries like India cos of Nokia.
What are ur thoughts guys?

Sorry but even gsmarena has now added the standard euphemism for a fake. People are arguing over nothing at all.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia hadn't entered the WP market HTC would have dominated and WP will still exist today. Seriously, I like Nokia. I even owned a NGage. But you Nokia fanboys need to get over yourselves.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia hadn't entered the WP market HTC would have dominated and WP will still exist today. Seriously, I like Nokia. I even owned a NGage. But you Nokia fanboys need to get over yourselves.

And windows phone would be even more irrelevant if all we had was HTC to get by. Lmao you HTC fans are a delight.

Here's a hint....don't blame Nokia for HTC shortcomings. That happened because HTC barely supported their phones and burned bridges and those users choose a better OEM who actually wait for it....you ready? Made a better product, with an enviable design and features that even android users wanted and HTC was quickly relegated to second place.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

It's already been established that it was just a concept picture. It's not real.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos