WP sales figures may decline because of this phone

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
The other thing about all this spec in a yet untested phone, who knows how durable it will be? How does it perform in arid climates? Cold climates? How does it fair if dropped? Does it hold a wifi or data signal as you expect? Who knows but we are to quiver just because of spec? If it doesn't run WP 10 why worry?
Asus products are bullet proof, even their cheapest zenfones do not feel cheap. My mom has a Zenfone 6 for over half a year now, it has a matte back, the bezels are larger than what i would like but in the hand it does not feel like any other android phones of the equivalent price.
I would say you cant find a more premium feeling device at that price point, the camera is MEH but its still better than the rubbish 5mp shooter in the 635. Thats why i recommended her the zenfone instead of the lumia 635.
We also have 3 Asus laptops and 1 desktop so far 0 problems from all of them. Only complaint i have is the speaker quality which is below average, other than that the phone looks and feels great. I would only imagine the successor to be better in almost every way.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Asus products are bullet proof, even their cheapest zenfones do not feel cheap. My mom has a Zenfone 6 for over half a year now, it has a matte back, the bezels are larger than what i would like but in the hand it does not feel like any other android phones of the equivalent price.
I would say you cant find a more premium feeling device at that price point, the camera is MEH but its still better than the rubbish 5mp shooter in the 635. Thats why i recommended her the zenfone instead of the lumia 635.
We also have 3 Asus laptops and 1 desktop so far 0 problems from all of them. Only complaint i have is the speaker quality which is below average, other than that the phone looks and feels great. I would only imagine the successor to be better in almost every way.

GS5 sold less that that of the GS4 because it really didn't offer much to hang your hat on. History is guarantor of future results when it comes to tech. Its raises the trust factor but this is tech and therefore no guarantee. That is my point.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Um, this phone isn't priced to compete with the 1520... It's not a flagship. It's to tackle the mid to low end spectrum of the market.

That's why there's comparisons on this thread with mid and low end WP devices.

By the time it comes out, they're basically at the same price point because the 1520 is dated, which IMO, makes them comparable.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
By the time it comes out, they're basically at the same price point because the 1520 is dated, which IMO, makes them comparable.

I'll take a 2 year old Porsche over a brand new Chevy any day. If you think the prices of 1520s have gone down that much, you're not paying attention to the market.

PeaceNik

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

The specifications that a 1520 comes with is still flagship grade, and I'm sure it still performs at the level that most competing flagships perform at.

I have used both a 1520 and a Nexus 5 and seriously nothing above Snapdragon 800 makes a huge difference in performance, especially if you add extra resolution to bring it down.

So the 1520 is still not comparable to this ASUS device aimed at the low and mid range segment of a market.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Even now the 1520 costs $650 in my market and I doubt if it will even drop $500 before the end of 2015...
Even the 4gb RAM variant of Zenfone 2 shouldn't cost upwards of $350 so I dunno how u can call them comparable?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what the OP has said, this Zenfone 2 might really affect Lumia sales, especially in India.

I just visited GSMArena recently (my go to website if I want to know what is the latest 'trending' phone for Indians/budget and wise consumers) and the Zenfone 2 has zoomed at the top of the Daily Hits list. There is no Lumia in the list... It's all about Samsung and Asus :(

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just visited GSMArena recently (my go to website if I want to know what is the latest 'trending' phone for Indians/budget and wise consumers) and the Zenfone 2 has zoomed at the top of the Daily Hits list. There is no Lumia in the list... It's all about Samsung and Asus :(
Not just WP, i think even Samsung phones are going to be destroyed by the zenfone, the recently announced galaxy A7 wouldnt come close to the Zenfone 2.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am 90 percent sure I am buying the 64gb/4gb variant of this phone with a new Zenwatch 2. FInally get in on the wearable tech, so blindly absent from windows phone platform. The band is not a watch, and I don't want to wear two items. Just a watch, that does more. MS decided to block pebble and others from accessing the phones. Bad move. The second thing that is making me move back to android is apps. I have a ton of apps on my older android phones that I use regularly, that are not available on WP. Then, Even MS's apps that are on my android phone are better than they are on my 1020. Really? Even though Satya is saying he is commited to Mobile, He never said, he is commited to Windows Phone. SO.....that could be taken with some sort of yeah, we will be developing software for mobile applcations, but if W10 does not gain traction in the phone segment, we could drop it. Even with the new app development software, I don't think dev's are going to jump on and go banana's with it....Just my 2c. The cost vs. performance of this new zenfone 2, is great. I have seen it in action and its blazingly fast. It has beat the S6 in normal everyday tasks, and websurfing using chrome. the s6 is slightly faster opening games, etc, however once open there is no difference in speed of graphic quality of the games. Then, look at the cost, I can buy 2 zenfone 2s plus 2 zenwatchs for the price of a comparable s6. Seems like a no brainer to me. I do enjoy my asus vivotab, so I can assume the phone will be as reliable as these are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes