04-13-2015 03:18 PM
50 12
tools
    Us webOS lovers have suffered enough.
    Ha ha well it's not like you're not asking for it. From WebOS to WP to BlackBerry!
    04-09-2015 10:36 AM
    Ha ha well it's not like you're not asking for it. From WebOS to WP to BlackBerry!
    What can I say, I'm an OS killer. I must have been a passenger on the Titanic in a past life.
    04-09-2015 11:07 AM
    That was uncalled for. Us webOS lovers have suffered enough. You could've lessened the pain by saying Leo Apotheker is the new CEO of Google.
    fatclue_98, you and I seem to side with the OS/ handsets that tank, maybe we should just get iPhones and not jinx Windows Phone :O
    04-10-2015 08:25 AM
    fatclue_98, you and I seem to side with the OS/ handsets that tank, maybe we should just get iPhones and not jinx Windows Phone :O
    Maybe we got some kind of odd superpower!
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-10-2015 12:58 PM
    Am I the only one shocked that they sold this many lmao.
    04-10-2015 01:02 PM
    Ziomi sold like 2million in 12 hrs .... Just saying :P
    04-10-2015 01:07 PM
    Am I the only one shocked that they sold this many lmao.
    Coming from a WP user.......

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 04:16 PM
    Coming from a WP user.......

Difference is, windows phone market share has gone up. Blackberry hasn't. So that doesn't make sense :) good try lol.
    04-10-2015 04:55 PM
    Difference is, windows phone market share has gone up.
    Last report was 2.7% market share for WP in 2014, down from 3.3% in 2013. How do you get "has gone up" out of that? Even in absolute numbers, it grew only 4.2%, a small fraction of the growth rate of iOS and Android.
    04-10-2015 06:16 PM
    Last report was 2.7% market share for WP in 2014, down from 3.3% in 2013. How do you get "has gone up" out of that? Even in absolute numbers, it grew only 4.2%, a small fraction of the growth rate of iOS and Android.
    Newer data here : Android holds the lead as top US smartphone platform, according to comScore http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...rding-comscore

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 06:58 PM
    Newer data here : Android holds the lead as top US smartphone platform, according to comScore http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...rding-comscore

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Oh I'm thinking about it!
    04-10-2015 07:04 PM
    Difference is, windows phone market share has gone up. Blackberry hasn't. So that doesn't make sense :) good try lol.
    What I meant was that no WP user has the legs to put down BlackBerry sales. We're in no position to gloat.
    xandros9, Laura Knotek and tgp like this.
    04-10-2015 07:12 PM
    What I meant was that no WP user has the legs to put down BlackBerry sales. We're in no position to gloat.
    The question here is not who's better off, its who's failing the least I guess.
    a5cent, fatclue_98 and prasath1234 like this.
    04-10-2015 07:20 PM
    We kind of are when our os does have potential and is growing.

It's be different if we were Firefox os putting down blackberry lol.
    04-11-2015 05:01 AM
    We kind of are when our os does have potential and is growing.

It's be different if we were Firefox os putting down blackberry lol.
    BlackBerry doesn't have apps being pulled. I know you're a fan and you've been known to let your feelings get the best of you, but you really need a reality check. We all have a vested interest in seeing Windows succeed but keep it real.
    Laura Knotek, xandros9 and tgp like this.
    04-11-2015 09:26 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have apps being pulled. I know you're a fan and you've been known to let your feelings get the best of you, but you really need a reality check. We all have a vested interest in seeing Windows succeed but keep it real.
    Blackberry also doesn't have apps in the first place lmao. At least not a substantial amount. Nobody is really making apps for blackberry to be able TO PULL. Most of their apps are android which is precisely why many windows fans don't want android apps on windows 10.

I am being realistic lol. I made a slight joke which was accurately true. I am surprised they sold that much and as I said windows phone market share is growing and lumias at least are selling, blackberry are not. That would be like windows phone 7 or windows mobile still outselling windows phone 8.1.
    04-11-2015 08:51 PM
    Blackberry also doesn't have apps in the first place lmao. At least not a substantial amount. Nobody is really making apps for blackberry to be able TO PULL. Most of their apps are android which is precisely why many windows fans don't want android apps on windows 10.

I am being realistic lol. I made a slight joke which was accurately true. I am surprised they sold that much and as I said windows phone market share is growing and lumias at least are selling, blackberry are not. That would be like windows phone 7 or windows mobile still outselling windows phone 8.1.
    Which Lumias are selling? Certainly not the 1520 since they've been mothballed. Look at the ASP for BlackBerry and WP and tell me we're talking apples and apples. As for apps, it's a myth that Android apps run poorly on BlackBerry. The new runtime on 10.3 has made that a moot point.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2015 02:05 PM
    Which Lumias are selling? Certainly not the 1520 since they've been mothballed. Look at the ASP for BlackBerry and WP and tell me we're talking apples and apples. As for apps, it's a myth that Android apps run poorly on BlackBerry. The new runtime on 10.3 has made that a moot point.

You mean the two year old 1520? It's only being "mothballed" on AT&T. The phones that are selling are obviously the low/mid range models.

I've seen firsthand that Android apps perform poorly on BlackBerry with a Z10.

BlackBerry is dead, let it go. Even employees admit it as there has been a mass exodus over the last year.
    04-12-2015 02:25 PM
    You mean the two year old 1520? It's only being "mothballed" on AT&T. The phones that are selling are obviously the low/mid range models.

BlackBerry is dead, let it go. Even employees admit it as there has been a mass exodus over the last year.

If you would have read the article right here on WC you would've noticed that the 1520 is kaput with MS too. Did you have your Z10 running on 10.3? If not then you didn't read my post completely. Worry about your own situation and I'll take care of mine. If you're volunteering to pay my bills I'll gladly let my Passport go.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2015 02:45 PM
    I use Z10 and it's an awesome device, love the Hub!

It really is sad to see BlackBerry to struggle and has really low market share

But i think it's time to accept that BlackBerry won't be a big player like it used to, i think BlackBerry really should just focused to enterprise market, not consumer, and transform to software and services, let's say going back to its roots
    04-12-2015 03:01 PM
    On the contrary, I've been impressed with Android performance on the Z10 I test drove some time ago. :)
    FNAF 2 ran well, Google Maps (while not entirely working) performed well, OneNote ran adequately...

Great UX, great design, I wouldn't mind switching TBH. Think I'll snag a Q10...
    Kind of wish Windows Phone took some notes.
    Laura Knotek, fatclue_98 and tgp like this.
    04-12-2015 07:22 PM
    On the contrary, I've been impressed with Android performance on the Z10 I test drove some time ago. :)
    FNAF 2 ran well, Google Maps (while not entirely working) performed well, OneNote ran adequately...

Great UX, great design, I wouldn't mind switching TBH. Think I'll snag a Q10...
    Kind of wish Windows Phone took some notes.
    Xandros9, my Q10 is free for the taking if you care to, you'll get to experience double typing first hand.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-12-2015 09:30 PM
    Xandros9, my Q10 is free for the taking if you care to, you'll get to experience double typing first hand.
    I don't know if the double typing issue has been taken care of with 10.3, I do know that my Passport has yet to manifest it. The only real complaint I had with that device (Q10) was the crappy camera.
    04-12-2015 09:48 PM
    I don't know if the double typing issue has been taken care of with 10.3, I do know that my Passport has yet to manifest it. The only real complaint I had with that device (Q10) was the crappy camera.
    The double typing issue on the Q10 is (supposedly) due to the metal discs in the membrane under the keys moving out of place, no software mods can fix this, but if you have the skills and tools, you can temporarily fix it.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-13-2015 08:25 AM
    The double typing issue on the Q10 is (supposedly) due to the metal discs in the membrane under the keys moving out of place, no software mods can fix this, but if you have the skills and tools, you can temporarily fix it.
    Must be a BlackBerry standard piece of hardware because I remember my Bold 9900 double-typing occasionally. So far so good with this beast. Maybe the hardware is different because of the pseudo trackpad capability.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-2015 03:18 PM
50 12