Sad day: BlackBerry only sold 1.6 million phones last quarter

SixStringMadness

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Here's to hoping I can get our IT department to let me use a BlackBerry, but all they hand out right now are iPhones. I'm enjoying my WP experience so far, but if I could have a BB again, and it be my work device, I'd be a happy camper!!

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So-called analysts have been wanting this for some time. They obviously know something, or suspect something, the rest of the air-breathing world doesn't. It's quite apparent they're still trying to spread misleading information to manipulate the stock prices. Prior to the earnings report last month, these "analysts" were predicting Armageddon for BlackBerry and they were proven wrong. The article states that there was "a chance Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (OTCMKTS:FRFHF) (TSE:FFH) might have bought it in 2013." It wasn't a chance, it happened. Fairfax is the principal shareholder. The article also mentioned the rumor about Samsung acquiring BB but failed to mention that Fairfax said "No. BlackBerry is not for sale".

This article does provide for good bathroom reading, though. It really stimulates the process.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
That was uncalled for. Us webOS lovers have suffered enough. You could've lessened the pain by saying Leo Apotheker is the new CEO of Google.

fatclue_98, you and I seem to side with the OS/ handsets that tank, maybe we should just get iPhones and not jinx Windows Phone :O

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
We kind of are when our os does have potential and is growing.

It's be different if we were Firefox os putting down blackberry lol.

BlackBerry doesn't have apps being pulled. I know you're a fan and you've been known to let your feelings get the best of you, but you really need a reality check. We all have a vested interest in seeing Windows succeed but keep it real.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers