04-13-2015 04:18 PM
50 12
tools
    BlackBerry announces Q4 Fiscal 2015 Results | CrackBerry.com

Wow, this is pretty bad. I hadn't realized that BlackBerry had gone this low. According to their recent earnings report, they only sold 1.6 million phones to consumers. That's BLU levels of sales, folks. I had really hoped that BlackBerry could've made it through, but their CEO recently said that they need to sell 10 million per year to keep the hardware business, but at this rate, we probably won't see a Passport 2.

On a slightly bright note, they did make a tiny profit of $76 million, but that's mainly due to the $115 million sale of Rockstar patents. Without it, they would still be in the red.
    Last edited by Jas00555; 03-28-2015 at 01:48 AM.
    Laura Knotek and prasath1234 like this.
    03-27-2015 11:55 PM
    BlackBerry announces Q4 Fiscal 2015 Results | CrackBerry.com

Wow, this is pretty bad. I hadn't realized that BlackBerry had gone this low. According to their recent earnings report, they only sold 1.6 million phones to consumers. That's BLU levels of sales, folks. I had really hoped that BlackBerry could've made it through, but their CEO recently said that they need to sell 10 million per year to keep the hardware business, but at this rate, we probably won't see a Passport 2.

On a slightly bright note, they did not a tiny profit of $76 million, but that's mainly due to the $115 million sale of Rockstar patents. Without it, they would still be in the red.
    Very soon there could be a liquidation of assets and maybe MS could buy it and make blackberry exclusively as A business phone with windows 10 and a qwerty keyboard
    k0de likes this.
    03-28-2015 12:41 AM
    Very soon there could be a liquidation of assets and maybe MS could buy it and make blackberry exclusively as A business phone with windows 10 and a qwerty keyboard
    Unfortunately, I don't see any other company having success with a product that is a failure for the current company.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    theefman likes this.
    03-28-2015 01:20 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't see any other company having success with a product that is a failure for the current company.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    But the liquidation of assets is possible
    03-28-2015 01:25 AM
    It's really sad seeing them go. They have much better and more mature OS then WP but then again the app gap is the culprit.
    xandros9 and prasath1234 like this.
    03-28-2015 01:44 AM
    I have one for work. It's fine, but just a work phone to me.
    03-28-2015 01:49 AM
    I really hope they continue making phones as well. I really liked the BB 9000 and 9700. I also joined these sites originally because of CrackBerry.

More competition is always good for consumers, and also improves innovation.
    xandros9, tgp, etad putta and 1 others like this.
    03-28-2015 02:04 AM
    They better not croak, vastly underrated phones IMO.

EDIT: I could actually switch, but this Z10's battery is kinda bad. Not really keen on carrying its 2-3 spares around.
    amitnahar and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-28-2015 02:57 PM
    So sad indeed, glad I moved on to Windows Phone. BlackBerry was a great innovative company, my original BlackBerry, the 7290 blew me away with what it did and how well it worked. Now I jump over to Crackberry to see the car crash progress.
    03-28-2015 08:55 PM
    It's been more than just a sad day for Blackberry. At this point I wouldn't begrudge them dropping out of the smartphone market. Fortunately their other businesses should prove to be more profitable. Damn shame if they do. I quite like the concept and design of the Passport.
    03-29-2015 04:23 PM
    Hmm.... Wow, it's worse than I thought. I thought the 1.6 million was BB10 phones, but that number also includes BB7 too (as in, a basically deprecated OS, as there aren't going to be any new developments for it. Similar to WP7).

Thankfully, a dedicated BlackBerry fan went through the trouble of going through various earnings reports and has figured out that there were only 870,000 BB10 phones sold. That's sad. I wouldn't be surprised if Yezz sold more than that.

BlackBerry sold in 7 million devices in FY2015 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

What's worse is that sales appear to be going down. RIP BB10.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    03-31-2015 12:20 AM
    Hmm.... Wow, it's worse than I thought. I thought the 1.6 million was BB10 phones, but that number also includes BB7 too (as in, a basically deprecated OS, as there aren't going to be any new developments for it. Similar to WP7).

Thankfully, a dedicated BlackBerry fan went through the trouble of going through various earnings reports and has figured out that there were only 870,000 BB10 phones sold. That's sad. I wouldn't be surprised if Yezz sold more than that.

BlackBerry sold in 7 million devices in FY2015 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

What's worse is that sales appear to be going down. RIP BB10.
    I'm liking and thanking you for including the detailed statistics.

I'm not liking the sales decline.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe it is better for consumers to have more options, and I don't like when products disappear, since that encourages competitors to be complacent.
    03-31-2015 12:46 AM
    Damn!
    I would buy a full touch BB10 flagship device, if only they go for it. There is no suitable replacement for Z30 as of now.
    Or I would buy a Z30 just for the sake of it.
    03-31-2015 01:36 AM
    I'm liking and thanking you for including the detailed statistics.

I'm not liking the sales decline.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe it is better for consumers to have more options, and I don't like when products disappear, since that encourages competitors to be complacent.
    There are three options on the market... Android, IOS and our lovely Windows Phone.
    03-31-2015 01:38 AM
    There are three options on the market... Android, IOS and our lovely Windows Phone.
    I don't see why there can't be four options.
    xandros9 and theefman like this.
    03-31-2015 01:44 AM
    I don't see why there can't be four options.
    Agreed but the lack of innovation and new flagship that attracts new people it's what blackberry lack and what will ultimately kill the company.
    03-31-2015 01:48 AM
    Agreed but the lack of innovation and new flagship that attracts new people it's what blackberry lack and what will ultimately kill the company.
    I'm not into physical keypads, but if I were, I'd say the Passport is a flagship device.
    03-31-2015 02:10 AM
    I'm not into physical keypads, but if I were, I'd say the Passport is a flagship device.
    Flagship yes but attractive? Maybe for a few because its has not sale a lot.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    03-31-2015 02:16 AM
    Flagship yes but attractive? Maybe for a few because its has not sale a lot.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    I think it would be attractive to folks who like physical keypads.

Granted, I believe that BB10 is more geared toward touchscreen, since it is a gesture-based OS.
    03-31-2015 02:21 AM
    I like rooting for the underdog, I'll admit it. Actually, I'm just a glutton for punishment since I like BB OS10, WP and webOS. I was one of those 1.6 million when I got my Passport. It's unique, if not dorky looking. It's only 1/4" wider than my 1520 so it's not such an imposing brick in my hands. I could go on a lengthy review but for me it just boils down to BlackBerry Blend. It's such an awesome feature that no one else has and it's the kind of thing WP needs. Not the Blend, just an incredible "nobody else has it" feature.
    xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-01-2015 10:16 AM
    Here's to hoping I can get our IT department to let me use a BlackBerry, but all they hand out right now are iPhones. I'm enjoying my WP experience so far, but if I could have a BB again, and it be my work device, I'd be a happy camper!!
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-02-2015 03:00 PM
    Looking worse every day for the Blackberry fans...BlackBerry Ltd Buyout Would Be Better For Shareholders [REPORT]
    04-09-2015 08:10 AM
    Looking worse every day for the Blackberry fans...BlackBerry Ltd Buyout Would Be Better For Shareholders [REPORT]
    There was talk around here about MS buying BB, but the only real value BB has is QNX and it's enterprise infrastructure, it would make more sense for a company like Samsung to buy it up as MS already has OS and enterprise strength. It's sounding more Palm-like every day, if HP buys it up, we'll know the end is near ;)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:29 AM
    It's sounding more Palm-like every day, if HP buys it up, we'll know the end is near
    That was uncalled for. Us webOS lovers have suffered enough. You could've lessened the pain by saying Leo Apotheker is the new CEO of Google.
    Laura Knotek and SteveNoza like this.
    04-09-2015 11:26 AM
    So-called analysts have been wanting this for some time. They obviously know something, or suspect something, the rest of the air-breathing world doesn't. It's quite apparent they're still trying to spread misleading information to manipulate the stock prices. Prior to the earnings report last month, these "analysts" were predicting Armageddon for BlackBerry and they were proven wrong. The article states that there was "a chance Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (OTCMKTS:FRFHF) (TSE:FFH) might have bought it in 2013." It wasn't a chance, it happened. Fairfax is the principal shareholder. The article also mentioned the rumor about Samsung acquiring BB but failed to mention that Fairfax said "No. BlackBerry is not for sale".

This article does provide for good bathroom reading, though. It really stimulates the process.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-2015 11:35 AM
50 12