LG V10 advertisement is ridiculous

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the device is probably the nicest android phone I have ever seen, its like the galaxy edge without the stupid edge. Meaning, the multitasking bar on the top is more user friendly than the edge version. Also, its a more elegant, stronger design than the samesong offerings.

The Ad itself is pretentious, and full of doo doo. They should highlight the features of the phone and leave all the stupid (I mean super) models to the runway. Preened, greased up models are a surefire way to make me run the other way and NOT pay attention to what the product is.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I recently had the chance to check this phone out.

The thing that struck me about it was I had forgotten how well made Android phones can be. The hardware was solidly put together and nicely weighted. That, coupled with the rugged feeling and textured rubber back, made it feel substantial and not like a toy even though it felt 1520 thin. It put me in mind of old Blackberry phones. That's how good the hardware was.

I also fell in love with the seemingly super thin bezels (I could see they were cheating a bit though because the metal trim on the sides does stick out enough from the main chassis to accommodate the screen wiring). Nevertheless, I believe their claim that this thing is built to last and almost bought one until I started playing with the OS and remembered how bad Android was. It wasn't slow or laggy like Android used to be but the interface was still so ugly and depressing even with Marshmallow's Material Design (though that could easily just have been LG's skin at fault), I suddenly remembered why I switched to WP.

I can't wait to test out the 950XL to see if it really feels like the 640XL as some have claimed. Unfortunately, it won't arrive until the third week of December here in the Philippines according to the Nokia sales rep I spoke to. =(

Last edited:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
They are really trying to make this device seem special, but will consumers buy into it?

I almost did. As a Verizon user, the writing's on the wall for the time being as a Windows Phone user. The V10 is a really nice phone. Really nice. One of my impressions was that - hardware & build wise: "This is what Microsoft should have done with the 950/XL." The camera app is just sick and outpaces WP's. In the end, it was just a little too tall for my tastes and pants pocket. Having to manually add a Qi coil, although straightforward, was also a WTF for LG that probably tipped the balance. Went with a Droid Turbo 2 via Motomaker. But I still would like to really give the V10 a try for a week or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb