Lumia 930 to OnePlus X

tmaier

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys any of you decided to make a switch for Android going the OnePlus road? Being an eager Blackberry fan... then Windows Phone I said some time ago that I would never ever jump ships to Android having had experience with them back in 2009 with HTC Hero.

output.jpg

I have recently discovered OnePlus X... this thing is a true beauty and presumably all that I am looking for in a mobile phone...
classic, elegant design
5 inch amoled display
decent battery
decent performance
and more importantly for a very good price!

Design wise OnePlus X resembles 930 a bit and takes the best from best classic designs from past few years - this includes iPhone 5 and Blackberry Bold series. Black and minimal design of the handset paired with a silver metal band... is just perfect!

oneplusxfrontback.png

I recently learnt WP8.1 lacks basic email functionality having used 930 for work... such as inability to attach files or edit forwarded message, among a list of other things where Windows Phone falls short.

I realise that Windows 10 Mobile is just around the corner but I'm not convinced that any of the new Microsoft devices are anywhere near OnePlus X in terms of design, and they cost twice as much. I have ordered my X for ?199... that's a no brainer. Will be keeping the 930 for upcoming update and see how the two ecosystems compare when W10 lands.

I am looking forward to try out the productivity apps and hoping the amoled display is just as good as the 930. I must say that I don't care about Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram or the gaming - I did it purely for the looks, price and choice of productivity software. What are your thoughts of OnePlus X guys? Is anyone in here getting one too?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Android forum, since it will be better answered here by folks who have this Android device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte