I had to put a little Star Wars reference in the title... :)

My current Lumia 1520 has started acting up and Im not sure it will last much longer, so Ive had to walk the path to the dark side. Canadian carriers arent carrying the 950 or 950XL at this point, so Ive gone to the dark side by acquiring a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Its a really nicely built phone with a fantastic screen however I cant figure out if there are still some really big gaps in Android (for my use) or if I just havent figured it out yet.
    Ive spent a couple days Googling everything however either a) Im not asking the question correctly for Android speak or b) the correct answer is buried in the 5,000-10,000 articles on the topic. Since many here seem to understand both sides of the equation; I figured I would ask the questions here. With my carrier I only get 30 minutes talk time or 15 days until I can no longer return the phone, so the clock is ticking
    Email Notifications Coming from Windows, I naturally loaded the Outlook app for my work mail. Using Outlook, I cant figure out
    o How to light up the lock screen with the incoming email notification (as 8.1 did with the banner/toast)
    o How to get an unread message count on the Outlook icon
    o How to see a detailed list of unread mail in the pull-down notifications
    Contacts I have a couple of Outlook.com/Live/Hotmail accounts one of them will not bring in the contacts, which has left a huge hole in my contact list. Everything looks good in the settings when comparing the working account to the one thats not bringing contacts.
    Using the Google Now assistant when connected to the car, the phone does respond to OK Google command, which Cortana did. Even if I manually engage it, it doesnt hear the command.
    Google Now vs. Cortana The arrival of incoming texts were announced with WP 8.1, with options to Read or Ignore initially and then dictate a response if needed. The S6 has my cars system read the text to me (or display it on the screen, which is something Ive never had before) and my response options are pre-packaged messages from the cars system. Can you configure Google Now to interact through the car as Cortana does? Given how long my commute is, this is a much-needed feature.
    Google Maps & Turn by turn Using 8.1 and HERE Maps & HERE Drive in the car (while connected to Bluetooth), the turn by turn was provided through the cars audio system, regardless of what the source was (radio, SAT, CD or phone media), it would cut in. The S6 can only be heard calling out the navigational info when on Media > Bluetooth source and is silent on any other source. If this is a phone setting, I cant locate anything to adjust it.

I really like the S6 form, build quality and camera. Its nice to have access to new apps and more robust versions of apps Ive had in the past however I need to sort these features out. The S6 battery is just sad, so Ill need to ensure I always have a charger on me now.

Any insight the group could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    12-22-2015 10:05 PM
    You may be better off posing these questions at Android Central...

Your Passport that logs you in here, gets you in there. You are already a member. Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    You may be better off posing these questions at Android Central...

Your Passport that logs you in here, gets you in there. You are already a member. Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    xandros9, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    12-22-2015 10:23 PM