02-08-2016 04:28 PM
38 12
tools
    Just giving my experiences. I own everything....I have android phones and tablets, IPhone ( my sons), 2 ipads (my sons), and my wife and myself have surface 3s and 1020s. The 1020s are the fastest smoothest phones We have owned. better than any android, or ios phones we have owned. I use a lepan mini android tablet in my Jeep for off roading purposes as there is no torque app available for the surface. Again, my own experience is that winmo is better than the rest.
    02-05-2016 05:29 PM
    Just giving my experiences. I own everything....I have android phones and tablets, IPhone ( my sons), 2 ipads (my sons), and my wife and myself have surface 3s and 1020s. The 1020s are the fastest smoothest phones We have owned. better than any android, or ios phones we have owned. I use a lepan mini android tablet in my Jeep for off roading purposes as there is no torque app available for the surface. Again, my own experience is that winmo is better than the rest.
    OBD Dash works very well and supports Bluetooth ELM327 scan tools.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-2016 10:08 PM
    oh, thanks fatclue. Is that a new app? I tried searching the store with no success. I know maps pro is an awesome gps nav program.
    02-06-2016 05:54 AM
    Android, you can have as many apps open as your phone can handle. And you can close them all at once. That is one of the major differences between Windows Phone and Android. And no, you won't get "resuming" with Android. You may have to wait a few seconds.

The major problem with WP 8.1, is that sometimes "resuming" never stops. Or if it does, it goes on for up to a minute or more. I notice this a lot with a micro SD card, and when downloading multiple files. And WP 8.1 still reboots. Granted, I'm running Cyan, but still. I haven't had issues with Android rebooting since Jellybean.

Not to mention that you can sync anything you want on Android, with any cloud that you want to sync it with, through third party apps. And Google Drive allows you to mark files to remain on the phone offline, and those files get synced, updated if you work with them elsewhere.

On OneDrive, I can download a file, but that's not the same thing. The only good thing about OneDrive is that if I upload a bunch of files, it'll crash, but those files are kept in a que until the next time I open up the app. And that will continue to be the case until all of the files are uploaded. I'm not sure if Google Drive does this or if it is actually able to finish uploading files in the background.
    02-06-2016 08:53 AM
    oh, thanks fatclue. Is that a new app? I tried searching the store with no success. I know maps pro is an awesome gps nav program.
    Nah, I've had it for a while. My wife's car has an O2 sensor always on the fritz so the check engine light is always on. Every couple of days I have to reset it. OCD rears it's ugly head.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-06-2016 12:45 PM
    OHHHHHHH you don't know the half of it. I am INSANE over my rides. I have 6 and all are in immaculate condition because of my mechanical ocd!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    02-06-2016 01:01 PM
    Yeah i didn't face any resuming on jelly bean phones or my iphone 4s and all the answers that we get is "did you tried hard reset ?"
    xandros9 and libra89 like this.
    02-06-2016 06:38 PM
    Why would you want an android windows phone. Take the best OS off and add a laggy mess on the phone?
    If you are talking about windows 10 mobile, yes it's a laggy hot mess.
    02-08-2016 12:38 AM
    If you are talking about windows 10 mobile, yes it's a laggy hot mess.
    Its buttery smooth compared to lagdroid.....of any flavor.
    02-08-2016 04:42 AM
    Its buttery smooth compared to lagdroid.....of any flavor.
    I can't say that I have noticed this with the stock Android at all on my 5x. When I had a 550, it didn't feel laggy to me either, but I did have occasional resuming screens.
    02-08-2016 07:28 AM
    I can't say that I have noticed this with the stock Android at all on my 5x. When I had a 550, it didn't feel laggy to me either, but I did have occasional resuming screens.
    OEM skins of any kind hinder the Android experience. HTC Sense is the best of the bunch but it's still a skin that requires resources. My Priv is very close to vanilla Android and runs very well. Having 3GB of RAM helps just as 1GB hurts the lower end Windows phones. It is ludicrous to compare a Galaxy Note to a Lumia 640. The WP phones with 2GB and higher RAM are indeed buttery smooth.

Samsung happens to be the most popular brand of Android phone but they're also the most lag-prone because of TouchWiz. Take a Galaxy Core Prime and compare it to even a Blu WinHD and the Blu will look like a world beater.
    02-08-2016 10:46 AM
    My tmo 521 is way faster than my galaxy note. android is horrible. If going by specs, the note should rip by the 521. but NOT the case.
    02-08-2016 03:42 PM
    Since there have not been any sightings of any possible Nokia Android phones so far, and this thread has gone off topic with discussion of other Android devices, it is now closed. We might revisit this topic in the future if Nokia does indeed make an Android phone.
    Guytronic, fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    02-08-2016 04:28 PM
38 12