02-08-2016 04:28 PM
38 12
tools
    I can't wait till i watch MS make android lumia phone like what BB did :D i guess it would be better than what we are holding in our hands :D
    01-30-2016 12:52 PM
    I've moved this thread to the Android forum, since this topic is about Android.
    01-30-2016 12:55 PM
    I can't wait till i watch MS make android lumia phone like what BB did :D i guess it would be better than what we are holding in our hands :D
    Why would you want an android windows phone. Take the best OS off and add a laggy mess on the phone?
    arjan wolthuis and avengerxp like this.
    02-03-2016 06:16 AM
    Why would you want an android windows phone. Take the best OS off and add a laggy mess on the phone?
    Laggy mess are you talking about gingerbread or kitkat?
    02-03-2016 07:01 AM
    Well, android is pretty smooth right now. Much better than it has ever been.
    02-03-2016 07:09 AM
    Android is like a Jackson Pollock's sneeze.
    02-03-2016 08:19 AM
    Jackson Pullock's sneeze..lol
    02-03-2016 08:25 AM
    I'm waiting to see if Nokia releases an android phone.
    02-03-2016 08:51 AM
    I'm waiting to see if Nokia releases an android phone.
    I fear it'd be Nokia in name only though.

As for an Android Lumia, I'd sooner expect Cyanogen OS. Or nothing at all.

but eh, \_(ツ)_/
    02-03-2016 02:17 PM
    Laggy mess are you talking about gingerbread or kitkat?
    Any version is laggy, I was just playing with the asus zenfone 2 and its slow, laggy and choppy. I think that's 5.0? or am I wrong?

I have KitKat on my galaxy note and it down right SUCKS! Stay tuned, There will be 2 galaxys being destroyed in some great fashion.
    02-04-2016 02:43 PM
    Any version is laggy, I was just playing with the asus zenfone 2 and its slow, laggy and choppy. I think that's 5.0? or am I wrong?

I have KitKat on my galaxy note and it down right SUCKS! Stay tuned, There will be 2 galaxys being destroyed in some great fashion.
    Currently I'm using a Galaxy Alpha (basically a smaller S5) with CyanogenMod 13 (Marshmallow) and there is no lag.
    Did some work on my friend's ZenFone 5 and it performed fine on KitKat.

A while back I test drove a S II Skyrocket on KitKat and it performed fine.
    Now the HTC Aria on Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean, there were some issues there.

I do hear about TouchWiz contributing to stutter on Galaxies, but I haven't experienced it firsthand.
    And I've also heard KitKat being called the Windows 7 of Android.

Paging Laura!
    02-04-2016 04:19 PM
    I agree that stock android phones suffer from lagginess. I also agree that custom toms run smooth on android phones. But everyone's argument is that we shouldn't have to mod our device to run smooth or get decent battery life.
    02-04-2016 04:40 PM
    Any version is laggy, I was just playing with the asus zenfone 2 and its slow, laggy and choppy. I think that's 5.0?
    I have a ZF2.
    A recent system update did some damage.
    I was forced to reinstall one or two apps.
    The Dolphin flash browser started force closing.
    I noticed right after the Asus update I received about 29 Android app updates.
    A number of apps on Android don't like being on the SD card.
    It takes some adjustment to level any phone OS out when things go awry.

This kind of thing reminded me of trying to move my 1020 to WM10.
    The update caused my Windows phone to become a laggy\buggy mess.
    Thankfully for volunteers it's possible to roll back.

Android can be a bear and many say they can't stand or don't like the OS.
    There's just no real reason for trashing it simply because one prefers Windows.
    xandros9, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-04-2016 04:52 PM
    Vanilla Android is not near as laggy or buggy as it was prior to Jelly Bean. Personally, I find it to be less attractive than Windows but that's just me. I used a Note 4 for a couple of weeks and I can attest to TouchWiz being an abortion that lived. Daily force closes on any app is unforgivable in this day and age. I'm using a BB Priv now and in the 1-1/2 weeks since I got it there have been zero FCs, zero reboots, flawless performance and no dropped calls. Thank goodness for Microsoft apps on Android.
    02-04-2016 05:46 PM
    I haven't experienced any lag on my Nexus 7 2013, 2013 Moto X (which I used for 7 months), or my current Moto X Pure Edition. The MXPE had Lollipop 5.1.1 when I got it. It's running Marshmallow now, with no lag or bugs. I didn't even need to do a factory reset after installing Marshmallow.
    02-04-2016 07:25 PM
    I have a ZF2.
    A recent system update did some damage.
    I was forced to reinstall one or two apps.
    The Dolphin flash browser started force closing.
    I noticed right after the Asus update I received about 29 Android app updates.
    A number of apps on Android don't like being on the SD card.
    It takes some adjustment to level any phone OS out when things go awry.

This kind of thing reminded me of trying to move my 1020 to WM10.
    The update caused my Windows phone to become a laggy\buggy mess.
    Thankfully for volunteers it's possible to roll back.

Android can be a bear and many say they can't stand or don't like the OS.
    There's just no real reason for trashing it simply because one prefers Windows.
    One is NOT trashing it because One prefers windows, One is trashing it because of personal experience with it compared to both IOS and windows phone. IOS is smooth , but boring, android is laggy and buggy, and windows 10/8.1 is JUST RIGHT. Its smooth, and not boring.

I had my 1020 running w10. back about 2 months ago, the only issue I had was it used more battery. Since then it has improved and there are a few tweaks in the reporting of errors area of w10 that you can disable to make it even better. I am going back on 10 as soon as I get my screen repaired. At least I can make and receive calls, text, emails etc without random freezeups, reboots, and slow as molasses lag as I have on my galaxy note now. Its horrid.
    02-05-2016 05:04 AM

Trashing the whole android after using a horrible touch wiz loaded device! And you don't expect any lag from windows phone? Then what are the in famous loading and resuming screens.
    02-05-2016 06:42 AM
    Well never the less I'm just not seeing this lag on my current Android phones. What I do see on my Windows phone quite often is the loading/resuming delay.
    I have been able to minimize it slightly yet it does persist. It's been a trademark on all the Lumia phones I've owned.
    Hopefully it will disappear forever with newer hardware and upcoming OS improvements.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-05-2016 07:19 AM
    Well never the less I'm just not seeing this lag on my current Android phones. What I do see on my Windows phone quite often is the loading/resuming delay.
    I have been able to minimize it slightly yet it does persist. It's been a trademark on all the Lumia phones I've owned.
    Hopefully it will disappear forever with newer hardware and upcoming OS improvements.
    I have never seen resume or load screens on my 1020. Dunno where they come from.
    02-05-2016 09:21 AM
    I have never seen resume or load screens on my 1020. Dunno where they come from.
    Have you ever used a windows phone 8.1.Even the high end Lumia 1520 has resume and loading screens.
    Guytronic and theefman like this.
    02-05-2016 09:47 AM
    My experience (used iphone, android, BB and now on windows),

Android is kind of the PC in the phone world. it's open to tweaking, modifications etc. without proper maintenance Android tend to get laggy and slow with time. trust me when I say this, My ex-bosses top of the line galaxy was lagging behind my cheap android phone with all the unwanted apps he installed and stuff.

fruit-phone is the closed Porsche you cant do nothing about. even though it 's got powerful hardware (on the new gen 6 phones), your locked out with what ifruit people want you to do.

With windows you just have best of both worlds, and If am seeing any downs with it, it's the lack of apps. Windows 10 is the ultimate balance between the above 2 worlds. you have a stable & secure environment, phone never slows down over time (loading lags will be fixed for sure on final release), and if the apps arrive just in time, that would be the right touch! (but they are late on releasing it) "better late than never"

I still can't find a proper app to view the autocad draing files while am outside.... Android has heaps of em...
    02-05-2016 10:06 AM
    With windows <snip> If am seeing any downs with it, it's the lack of apps.
    The problem is that this is a killer. This one issue trumps everything for most smartphone users.
    libra89 and avengerxp like this.
    02-05-2016 10:10 AM
    Cannot Agree more... Windows phone platform needs to fix this sooner. maybe the universal app thing might be the answer, but I ain't believing until I see some quality apps there...
    02-05-2016 10:16 AM
    I'm stunned anyone can claim they never saw the loading or resuming screens on a 1020. Once we had 8.1 that's pretty much ALL we saw, even on the 1520, and I've had that, still have the 1020 and now use an 830 and still get that crap. Frankly, I personally do not think anyone on this forum's opinion of android is credible apart from Laura who always seems to have a balanced opinion of any platform.

And lets be honest, having to hard reset, forgo your OS provided backup, have to turn off numerous apps and whatever else needs to be done to get a working WP/W10M device is just as bad as any supposed "lag" android is supposed to have.

Fanboys, who needs 'em?
    02-05-2016 10:27 AM
    Well i change phones alot and this gives me experience to talk about the lags and what is said about android but i was wondering why they are saying about android phones that it is lagging always !! I had motorola and lenovo mobiles running gingerbird and jellybean and i didn't face any lag but when i tried samsung s4 i found that the UI of it is the reason cause when i rooted it it was fabulous and about iphone i tried 4s and 5s and ios 8 have the same settings and nothing new is in windows phone but the flexibility in it is better than the windows phone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-2016 12:48 PM
38 12