09-29-2017 11:56 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    Reading comprehension is not at work here. Yes, Apple has a mail client. But it's no better than that of a feature phone from 2004. Only 1 picture at a time can be attached, might as well use MMS. At present there are NO apps available to open mime attachments (email). None, zero, zip, nada. I mentioned offline map capability, you conveniently left that out. I mentioned access to music without the need for a PC, you left that out. I mentioned file management, you introduced an app. It's natively not possible without an additional app. User-defined imaging? No way to set white balance, shutter speed, etc. Shall I go on? Your deflection skills are quite sharp as you introduced Windows Phone. Why didn't you include WinMo which smokes all 3 with even more features baked in such as native Drive Mapping, network file sharing, Remote Desktop, offline Office apps and a real Outlook experience?
    I skipped your features because I don't consider having offline maps capability or having ability to control photography parameters as absolute required features. WM features do not set the baseline for any basic features a smartphone should have but looks like your comments are trying to set that tone.

Trying to avoid turning this into an OS bashing thread.
    04-24-2017 10:26 PM
    I feel like mobile devices have maybe been caught in the arms race of the sharpest screens and fastest processors that battery life has never really improved. I would personally take a bit of a hit on the screen (I'm not going to really notice it that much anyways) to have a battery that easily lasts a couple of days.
    We can have all the sharp displays we want till the cows come home. We shouldn't have to skimp on quality but the problem is that people lust after the thin sexy phones as if they were supermodels. Personally, I like seeing some meat to go with the bone (I'm Cuban, can't help it) so I wouldn't mind battery storage commensurate with its performance if it means "bigger hips".
    04-24-2017 10:28 PM
    Agreed! If there was a way to scale down the resolution on the 950, that would make a big improvement on battery life there.
    I don't blame Microsoft for bad battery life on the 950 and the 950XL. The 808 and 810 were the culprit, period. If Microsoft had the 820 at that time, things would have been a lot better in terms of battery life and maintaining cooler temperatures while using that HDR feature or 4K recording.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-24-2017 10:36 PM
    I skipped your features because I don't consider having offline maps capability or having ability to control photography parameters as absolute required features. WM features do not set the baseline for any basic features a smartphone should have but looks like your comments are trying to set that tone.

Trying to avoid turning this into an OS bashing thread.
    "Okay so what do you think a smartphone should at least let you do natively minus any apps?"

You asked the question.
    04-24-2017 10:54 PM
    I switched for a little while to an entry level HTC. Aside from performance, I just didn't like the UI. The iPhone UI sucks too, but at least their apps are generally better.
    04-24-2017 11:16 PM
    You're absolutely right. It is really individual to how Android works or might not work for someone.

I no longer have patience or the desire to always have a charger on hand. With having the Pixel, I realized that the length and width of a phone both matter to me since I prefer to use my phones one handed. One handed is the only way I really use my phones. Idealistically, I'm all about the simplicity of the Windows OS but the lack of phones that are small and have good battery life is not worth it for me to use as a main phone.
    I've got a thing for long lasting batteries. The Mi Note 2 does a nice job for me because the screen is nice and while it's only 1080P, it goes well with the 4070mah battery. I've used enough phones with wall hugging battery life where I no longer have the time for that.
    libra89, pankaj981 and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2017 11:26 PM
    I don't blame Microsoft for bad battery life on the 950 and the 950XL. The 808 and 810 were the culprit, period. If Microsoft had the 820 at that time, things would have been a lot better in terms of battery life and maintaining cooler temperatures while using that HDR feature or 4K recording.
    The 808 + 810 screwed up a ton of people in 2015. I don't think if MSFT went to a 1080P panel, that would have helped either (and they'd have gotten roasted in the media for doing this).
    04-24-2017 11:34 PM
    I've got a thing for long lasting batteries. The Mi Note 2 does a nice job for me because the screen is nice and while it's only 1080P, it goes well with the 4070mah battery. I've used enough phones with wall hugging battery life where I no longer have the time for that.
    Ooh that sounds amazing. Can I say that I'm jealous?! lol

Your awesome battery life is part of the reason why I have been flirting with the Moto G5. The Pixel is good but better would be nice sometimes.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-24-2017 11:41 PM
    Ooh that sounds amazing. Can I say that I'm jealous?! lol

Your awesome battery life is part of the reason why I have been flirting with the Moto G5. The Pixel is good but better would be nice sometimes.
    I get through a day of solid usage easily and two days comfortable with lighter usage. It's always going to boils down what you want in the phone and how you plan to use it.
    04-24-2017 11:55 PM
    I get through a day of solid usage easily and two days comfortable with lighter usage. It's always going to boils down what you want in the phone and how you plan to use it.
    That sounds awesome. You're right, and considering all in all of what you said, the Pixel is probably my best option.
    fatclue_98, meattray and Guytronic like this.
    04-25-2017 10:48 AM
    That sounds awesome. You're right, and considering all in all of what you said, the Pixel is probably my best option.
    With all the bad news around here lately, it is seeming like it is for all of us...

Maybe I should just hang onto mine until after BUILD
    libra89 likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:30 PM
    After using a Lumia 520, 630, BLU Win HD, 640, 1320, 640 XL and 1520, I recently switched to a Galaxy Note 4 with SquareHome2 added to give it a more WM feel, and, so far, I am really enjoying it.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-15-2017 03:43 PM
    Switched from the idol 4s with windows 10 to he zte axon 7 and I love it. It's alot better os wise. Fine tuned settings to maximize battery life availability of apps and it's pretty stable not as laggy as it used to be. I've had it since June and pretty much no lag.
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    09-29-2017 11:56 AM
88 ... 234