How do I setup Galaxy S8 to use Windows Services

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have read many posts about how to setup an Android device to use MS services. I have mostly got it to work well on my new S8. However, I have a lot of trouble with Contacts in Outlook not being created when I use the Contact app and tell it to use my outlook account. Also in messenger app, many of my contacts for Outlook do not show their names or anything.

Basically, I want to use the least amount of Google apps and services and the most MS ones, hopefully with as nice as integration as possible. Does anyone know of any good articles or sites you can point me for a thorough how to? All I have read so far don't quite solve the issues I have described above. Thanks!

~ Joshua

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Instead of trying to sync Contacts via the Outlook app, I would try to add your MS account to your phone as an Exchange (sometimes called Corporate) account.

Settings > Accounts > Add account...

That will then sync email, contacts, calendar, etc. to your Galaxy's relevant suite of applications. e.g. you can indeed use the Google Calendar app with Outlook.com and not Google as its all standardized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte