Figured if going to give Android a try I wanted as stock of a phone as possible.

So far, so good. Learning curve involved in anything new. Using the SquareHome 2 launcher and liking it so far.

Biggest issues? The apps, in a good way. Apps that I want and apps that are actually updated for the OS. I had a few apps on WP that has been 2+ years since they have been updated and missing many features available to other platforms.

Still looking for a Twitter app. I used Tweetium on WP and loved it, wish they made an Android version (same for Strawberry Weather)
    11-30-2017 01:33 PM
    Take a look at Talon. It was my favorite on Android. I like to have a live tile or widget that shows how many unseen tweets I have in my timeline (if I don't, I forget to look at it, as I have done on iOS. It has probably been a week since I last checked), and that was one of the few that would do it, but on top of that the design was nice and simple and the overall features and layout were nice and could be customized if you needed.
    12-01-2017 01:57 PM
    How is the phone in general? How's battery life especially with SquareHome2? Thanks.
    12-02-2017 03:43 PM
    No issues with battery life, phone is working well. Only issue for me is Bluetooth in the car and SMS. I have it paired with my 2016 Subaru Forester. Currently I have to hit buttons on info center to read and reply, I miss how Cortanna audio prompted me. So looking for a way to have the phone audio prompt me
    12-02-2017 05:39 PM
    No issues with battery life, phone is working well. Only issue for me is Bluetooth in the car and SMS. I have it paired with my 2016 Subaru Forester. Currently I have to hit buttons on info center to read and reply, I miss how Cortanna audio prompted me. So looking for a way to have the phone audio prompt me
    Cortana, Messaging, and W10M are awesome.
    12-02-2017 09:00 PM
    Essential support and sending and receiving texts while driving:

The only way to enable sending and receiving text by voice while driving is to use the Android Auto application with the Google Assistant feature on your device, or with your infocentre if it supports the OK Google hotword.

Normally the OK Google detection is disabled while driving for safety when driving unless you are using the Android Auto app. The Android Auto app is an available download through the Google Play Store if you are interested.

You can find some additional information on Android Auto here, under the "Talk to Google" and "send and receive messages" section.
    12-05-2017 04:47 PM