Should Microsoft go all in with Android?

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
What do you think?

They're in pretty deep, but I'd like to see Microsoft release all Windows phone's core apps released on Android and integrated with it's Windows 10 PC counterpart.

For instance, Messaging - release it on Android as a default text message app that auto syncs on PC. Same thing for the Photos and make People a contacts/dialer app on Android. A standalone defaultable Outlook calendar app would be awesome too.

anon(10324754)

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
What do you think?

They're in pretty deep, but I'd like to see Microsoft release all Windows phone's core apps released on Android and integrated with it's Windows 10 PC counterpart.

For instance, Messaging - release it on Android as a default text message app that auto syncs on PC. Same thing for the Photos and make People a contacts/dialer app on Android. A standalone defaultable Outlook calendar app would be awesome too.

If you could add an Exchange account on Android phones, there are plenty good enough apps that can be used for Messaging and Dialing and also display all the contact profile pics. I haven't found a way to do this on my Nokia 6 without those dodgy looking third party sync services yet so I'm not using it at the moment (Nine is ok but would prefer if Outlook was the go to app for this). If they don't end up making the Andromeda thingamabob, all of what you are asking for would be indispensable for me also. Though they will never be able to get rid of Google from these things.

Last edited:

Joker Lokison

May 8, 2018
Visit site
I would appreciate the Microsoft Movies & Tv app on my Android... seeing as I purchased a great deal of content for it. I lost a ton of purchases from Zune/Groove when they got flushed. To think of the money I spent on albums & music vids that I could never get to sync to OneDrive, so they were lost in the shutdown, I could be sick!

Michael Flintof

May 28, 2018
Visit site
Yes, actually it is cool idea.
Think that we can combine both android and windows pc to each other. It would be helpful.
This scenario is something like whatsapp android app and whatsapp web version. And everyone knows how useful this whatsapp feature is......

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft would be crazy to cannibalise their Android royalties by adopting the OS.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft would be crazy to cannibalise their Android royalties by adopting the OS.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Yep, why would they do that if they can already have their cake and eat it too? Additionally, royalties aside, they also have apps reloaded on phones from various Android brands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers