10-17-2018 05:39 PM
37 12
tools
    Try using the BlackBerry Hub Suite...no issues at all
    05-30-2018 07:21 PM
    What is everyone using as a replacement for the WM My Tube app? Primary function I'm looking for is to download YouTube videos to watch while I am commuting underground or traveling by plane.
    10-02-2018 05:31 AM
    What is everyone using as a replacement for the WM My Tube app? Primary function I'm looking for is to download YouTube videos to watch while I am commuting underground or traveling by plane.
    You must pay for YouTube Premium. Downloading videos without that is against YouTube's ToS. For some reason Google seems to overlook the YouTube apps on the Microsoft Store that download videos.

Apple's App Store and the Google Play Store do not allow those apps.

And just a tip: because this is against Google's ToS, you will get shut down on this site for pursuing this here. The only answer is to subscribe to YouTube Premium.
    10-02-2018 07:25 AM
    Thanks, I thought since My Tube can still do it there wasn't a legal issue. YT Premium it is.
    10-02-2018 07:46 AM
    I thought since My Tube can still do it there wasn't a legal issue.
    My Tube and other apps like it exist on the Microsoft Store, but they violate Google's Terms of Service. I'm not sure if any of us know why Google does not pursue it. My guess is that it is not worth their time.
    10-02-2018 08:20 AM
    Maybe it is part of the "future considerations" for Google to provide stemming from one of the patent settlements a while ago ;)
    10-02-2018 09:45 AM
    Maybe it is part of the "future considerations" for Google to provide stemming from one of the patent settlements a while ago ;)
    Like I said above, I'm guessing that Google has bigger fish to fry. I doubt it has anything to do with goodwill, or even future goodwill.
    10-02-2018 10:38 AM
    @jeffchapik - is that it? What other key things will be missing? Any areas Android can pick up the slack on, or have equivalent solutions for?
    There is a lot of choices of apps in Android than in WP. I have been using both the phones and i have observed WP seems more smoother than Android plus WP is easy to use but since WP lacks many apps...Android takes the upper hand...
    10-02-2018 11:35 AM
    My Tube and other apps like it exist on the Microsoft Store, but they violate Google's Terms of Service. I'm not sure if any of us know why Google does not pursue it. My guess is that it is not worth their time.
    WP are not so famous or i say not used by many therefore there are less choices for apps but there are some useful apps made by Microsoft
    10-02-2018 11:38 AM
    How are people who keep their contacts in Outlook syncing those contacts to the phone's "contacts"? -- My contacts show up fine when I go to compose an email in Outlook, and my calendars also show up fine in Outlook on Android, but no contacts in the phone dialer or text messages. I will not migrate them over to a google account and try to deal with syncing across multiple services as 99% of the time I will remain on Windows. Is that what "Nine" is for?
    10-17-2018 01:30 AM
    How are people who keep their contacts in Outlook syncing those contacts to the phone's "contacts"? -- My contacts show up fine when I go to compose an email in Outlook, and my calendars also show up fine in Outlook on Android, but no contacts in the phone dialer or text messages. I will not migrate them over to a google account and try to deal with syncing across multiple services as 99% of the time I will remain on Windows. Is that what "Nine" is for?

Have a look at an app called Akruto Sync. I've used it for years to sync WP, Apple and android phones with Contacts, email and calendar. It works with Exchange and works quite well. It can sync via Wifi or direct connect to PC; your choice.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2018 12:17 PM
    So THATS what the problem is!! I thought that I was not understanding a basic problem with the app ... so sad that it can't be fixed, as if you're driving with the radio on it's hard to hear the directions. I just might have to dump Google & Waze maps and use On-Star instead. They are very good maps, but if you can't hear them what good are they?

I went ahead and installed all the Microsoft apps, keeping Contacts and Outlook as before, but use Google Mail for anything new to do with my new Android life. I SO MUCH prefer Outlook to Google Mail and Calendar. Using my Icon was a smoother experience than the rather disjointed feeling on my Pixel 2, but I really am enjoying the speed of the Pixel, and the bare bones Android system. I used the Microsoft Launcher, but didn't try to imitate a Windows Phone look. I love how the launcher alphabetizes the apps, instead of leaving them an unorganized Android mess, and you get the Bing wallpaper of the day.

One thing I noticed in reading the forums on Android Central was how much people either hated on Microsoft for forcing them off their Windows Phones, or at the end of their posts saying "I miss my Windows Phone ..."
    can't agree more
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2018 05:39 PM
37 12