Weird problem with Microsoft Launcher alert: alarm clock icon displaying, I have no alarms set.

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
To be up front, I don't know for certain if this is a Microsoft Launcher issue, but since I'm on the beta and the app updates (what feels like) 3 times a week, it seemed a likely candidate to blame.

I have an Essential PH-1 with Android 8.1 using Microsoft Launcher. Beginning this past Thursday, the MS Launcher's my clock/weather widget, notification area, and the quick action toolbar all started displaying the alarm clock icon.

And yet I have no alarms set.

After tons of tapping, I discovered that it's actually pulling "alarm" times from my wife's Google calendar, which is shared with me through my Google calendar.

Turning off her calendar sync didn't make it go away either. But even if it did, I wouldn't want it to. Having my wife's calendar at the ready is very helpful.

Its anxiety inducing to keep seeing an alarm icon for events that don't have alarms or even reminders turned on. I've looked through Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Launcher, Cortana for Android-- nothing appears to have changed in terms of options or settings.

Any one encounter this before?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
To be up front, I don't know for certain if this is a Microsoft Launcher issue, but since I'm on the beta and the app updates (what feels like) 3 times a week, it seemed a likely candidate to blame.

I have an Essential PH-1 with Android 8.1 using Microsoft Launcher. Beginning this past Thursday, the MS Launcher's my clock/weather widget, notification area, and the quick action toolbar all started displaying the alarm clock icon.

And yet I have no alarms set.

After tons of tapping, I discovered that it's actually pulling "alarm" times from my wife's Google calendar, which is shared with me through my Google calendar.

Turning off her calendar sync didn't make it go away either. But even if it did, I wouldn't want it to. Having my wife's calendar at the ready is very helpful.

Its anxiety inducing to keep seeing an alarm icon for events that don't have alarms or even reminders turned on. I've looked through Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Launcher, Cortana for Android-- nothing appears to have changed in terms of options or settings.

Any one encounter this before?

Not quite the same issue as you describe, but similar.

I use the stable Microsoft Launcher. I use Cortana on Android for personal reminders (Call so and so at such and such time, call dentists at such and such time on whatever day).

The audio notifications for these reminders suddenly defaulted using the notification sound I have set for my alarm clock (the one I have set to go off on weekdays for work). I have no idea why it's defaulted to that. The behavior is the same on my Pixel, LGv30, and Sony Xperia Compact.

I don't know if a Microsoft Launcher update caused this or what. It's frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs