People and Photos app equivalent on Android

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
I really do not like the Contacts and Google Photos apps on Android. Are there any apps that is similar to the People and Photos apps from Windows Mobile for Android?

I liked how the People app would pull user photos from either the person's Hotmail/Outlook/Skype/Microsoft account of Facebook and display it. Contacts only does that for people who have Google accounts.

And the Google Photos app is frustrating.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I really do not like the Contacts and Google Photos apps on Android. Are there any apps that is similar to the People and Photos apps from Windows Mobile for Android?

I liked how the People app would pull user photos from either the person's Hotmail/Outlook/Skype/Microsoft account of Facebook and display it. Contacts only does that for people who have Google accounts.

And the Google Photos app is frustrating.

that's why each OS has their own ecosystem that brings all that together, I doubt you'd find this even with launchers .

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
That is disappointing. One glaring thing that Contacts is missing that People had (apart from profile pictures), was the ability to click on the letter of the section (like B, for example), and bring up all the letters so you can jump around quickly from letter to letter instead of scrolling up and down constantly.

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Actually, the Launcher 10 launcher does this for it's app drawer. It perfectly mimics the Windows Phone functionality when it comes to jumping to any letter to see all the apps that start with that letter. Now if on;y app developers would do this for contacts and music apps.

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
check out the SquareHome2 launcher. it has a contacts app that mimics the People app on WM.

I'm already using Launcher 10 which I love. It doesn't seem to have its own contacts app though.

I just wasn't feeling it with SquareHome2, but I'll give it another try. Now if I could find a music app that mimics Groove, I'd be set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3