Is there a Groove Music equivalent for local music?

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Coming from Windows 10 Mobile, I liked Groove Music. I didn't love it, and I only used it for local music, but it had a feature that I loved that I have not been able to find in another music app on Android. I don't know what it's called, but I refer to it as the alphabet jump. Instead of endlessly scrolling through thousands of songs or artists, I can tap on the letter for at the top of the list ("C" for example), bring up all 26 letters, and then tap on the one I want to jump up or down the list to the artists/songs that start with that letter.

This is a feature I sorely miss in a lot of Android apps, but music is the biggest because of the amount of songs I carry around with me.

So has anyone found a music app that has this functionality?

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
nope, not found anything to replace Groove for local (including Onedrive) play. I continue to use Groove for that, and iHeart Radio for streaming.
I also miss the simple ability to purchase music via Groove, either full "albums" or individual songs. ):

Ferkner

May 17, 2017
Visit site
nope, not found anything to replace Groove for local (including Onedrive) play. I continue to use Groove for that, and iHeart Radio for streaming.
I also miss the simple ability to purchase music via Groove, either full "albums" or individual songs. ):

Damn. I wish someone would make a player that would let you jump to different letters in the list like Groove does. The app drawer for Launcher 10 has that feature, so it can be done. I am really surprised that it's not a feature found in Android apps. It's ridiculously intuitive.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
and now Groove is worthless, MS killed streaming!! It can only play music that is on your device. I know they had a small audience but makes you wonder what is next the kill - OneNote, Skype, Bing,??

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Eureka :shocked:, I have it!! Fundamental alpha feature indeed, and most people have never experienced it. I have this Groove feature on Android, though I don't know how available it is/would be. I stumbled upon it when I picked up a lovely, like-new, feature-rich LG V20. Among its best features, is the LG Music app which not only plays my WMA lossless files, but has the alpha feature many of us have Grooved on for years. I still don't have much experience with the app, but I think it's all I'll need. I also don't know Android enough yet to know/speculate whether this LG app would be available for other devices --such as my Sony :wink:. Praise LG!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers