Best android phone for windows phone users

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Moto G6 with Launcher 10 and it's almost as good a Windows phone as my 920 was. The camera isn't as good and the Google assistant is lacking compared to Cortana, but I now have access to any app I want.

Here's what the Launcher 10 start screen looks like. Many of the tile update like live tiles.
0a2007382ab861351cf9f853ed08c04f.jpg

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think any Android phone with stock android, is the way to go for us ex-WP/WM junkies. Especially if you're coming from WP. Stock android has less bloatware and runs smoothly.

Also consider getting a phone with 4 or more GB RAM. It just makes everything smoother.

In my experience built-in memory (32 GB or more) is better than having to rely on external options (SD card). Definitely don't for a phone with 8 or 16 GB internal memory. It fills up fast and gives you no wiggle room. Having 32 internal (or more) and a SD card option next to that would be ideal

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
In my experience built-in memory (32 GB or more) is better than having to rely on external options (SD card). Definitely don't for a phone with 8 or 16 GB internal memory. It fills up fast and gives you no wiggle room. Having 32 internal (or more) and a SD card option next to that would be ideal

I fully agree with this! A lot of phones now have at least a 64GB option available. I learned to pay the extra for larger internal storage and skip the SD card completely. I recently bought a OnePlus 6T, and I got the 256GB version.

Android has problems with SD cards, and Windows phones have problems with SD cards. The only reason the iPhone doesn't is because they don't do SD cards. I have come to believe that Apple was right all along. WP7 didn't support SD cards at first to maintain integrity.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I think a good Nokia with Windows Phone Launcher would be a good experience.

But the best is having a true Windows Phone. Here I am with my 950! :smile:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think a good Nokia with Windows Phone Launcher would be a good experience.

But the best is having a true Windows Phone. Here I am with my 950! :smile:

Start dumping those phones!!! (so I can pick one up for cheap and install full w10 on it)

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you still using your lumia 950

I'm still using a 950, fortunately. It's my third because I'm very active/careless: two have suffered cracked screens, one did not survive. I also purchased a Sony XZ1 Compact last year while I was between 950s. I decided to keep the Sony and use it regularly to play music through my home stereo's (Aptx) Bluetooth, and occasionally my car's. It is running the Microsoft Launcher, is my back-up phone, and will be my go-to phone (if and) when my 950 stops working satisfactorily.

As for SD cards, I have always used them satisfactorily in the 950, and have one installed in the Sony as well. The 950 has a Sandisk 256GB card and it holds 70-80GB of owned music, Spotify, pics, apps, etc., and works fine with OneDrive. The Sony has a Samsung 128GB card and holds the same owned music and also works with OneDrive. I mostly use Groove to play my owned music on the 950, and VLC to play files on the Sony: both apps can play my WMA lossless files that some others won't.

nozerath emeril

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I'm using nokia 7.1 with launcher 10 and it is like my dream Windows Phone. Lumia 830(930) user here, they were great, but now gone. Android one with little personalization is the Best choice imo.

Lightning_Racer

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Android has problems with SD cards, and Windows phones have problems with SD cards. The only reason the iPhone doesn't is because they don't do SD cards. I have come to believe that Apple was right all along. WP7 didn't support SD cards at first to maintain integrity.

What are those problems? I was glad for the SD card slot on my Lumias and Galaxy S7, and wish I had it on my new to me Pixel 2 with 64GB built in.

anilrawat673

Apr 5, 2019
Visit site
Actually, there are a lot of phones in the market which comes in everyone's budget. So it's totally on you that which phone comes in your budget. Nowadays people are buying Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro, because it comes in their budget. If you can afford a flagship phone then you should definately go for OnePlus 6T otherwise.

Last edited:

heyanil673

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
There are a lot of Android Phones which are very famous for their prices. If you want a phone which comes near $200 then you should definitely go for Redmi Note 7 series otherwise if your budget is a bit higher then you should definitely go for OnePlus series.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
What are those problems? I was glad for the SD card slot on my Lumias and Galaxy S7, and wish I had it on my new to me Pixel 2 with 64GB built in.

Can't ever recall having issues on Android w/MircroSD cards. Windows Phone occasionally with it usually getting sorted after a soft/hard reset LOL... not an issue with cards themselves as they were/are, always fine when using them elsewhere.

jfivieght

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
P20 Pro with Launcher 10 and all the extra Android and EMUI stuff feels like what windows phone should have been before it was ended. Using it makes me see that windows mobile was so much more behind than I realized. I had a 950xl previously and a 925, 720, 630, HD7. Came from the Palm Pre originally. Only thing I miss are actual live tiles that keep me informed without opening apps. Notifications seem to be nonexistent on my phone as well. Not sure if I accidentally turned something off.

Last edited:

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is switching to Android I would recommend the Pixel 3A or 3A XL.

Excellent upper mid-range with best in class camera like it's more expensive siblings.

No other phone for $399 has a camera that comes close .

Dual speakers, stock Android , guaranteed updates and a great overall user experience. Excellent haptic feedback like an iphone. There is also an oled screen.

The polycarbonate body feels solid and well made . Like the old Nokia Lumia phones .

If you want a Nokia Lumia quality camera on a phone this is the way to go.

Have my Pixel 3A for almost 4 weeks now and it's a great device to use.

Google got it right with this one and is available on 3 of the 4 carriers in the US

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If anyone is switching to Android I would recommend the Pixel 3A or 3A XL.

Excellent upper mid-range with best in class camera like it's more expensive siblings.

No other phone for $399 has a camera that comes close .

Dual speakers, stock Android , guaranteed updates and a great overall user experience. Excellent haptic feedback like an iphone. There is also an oled screen.

The polycarbonate body feels solid and well made . Like the old Nokia Lumia phones .

If you want a Nokia Lumia quality camera on a phone this is the way to go.

Have my Pixel 3A for almost 4 weeks now and it's a great device to use.

Google got it right with this one and is available on 3 of the 4 carriers in the US

It is one of the best camera phones, at a very good price, and the 3 series brought back the audio jack. BUT, a barrier for me is that, as with Apple, Google phones do not offer SD-card expandability. I have serious music and photo/video habits that require substantial and flexible storage. Fortunately, there are many phone options with this OS.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
My needs are modest and I don't demand much from my phones other than that they run smoothly and the overall experience doesn't leave me feeling like I want to throw the phone down and run over it several times.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I never imagined I would say this one day but I'm moving to Android at the end of this year. The WhatsApp end of support on WP was the straw that broke the camel's back, after struggling with various issues with my Lumia 1520 for 5 years.
I decided to go for a Nokia phone and the clean Android One. Waiting until the end of the year because new models might be announced.
I have a work iPhone for 3 years that I didn't really like, and I've zero experience with Android so I'm excited for the switch, but disappointed by how Windows Mobile was failed by those who were supposed to support it the most.

kev baker

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Sony Experia 10 plus, works smoothly with all Microsoft apps and launcher. Getting a better experience with all office onedrive outlook etc apps than I did with my Windows 10 hp elite x3. Plus all the banking apps and more are available on Google play, so overall much better now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb