Any Android users use Launcher 10 on their phones?

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
InkedScreenshot_20190621-153042_Launcher_10_LI.jpgScreenshot_20190621-153053_Launcher_10.jpgScreenshot_20190621-153106_Launcher_10 1.jpg

This is mine so far... still very much a work in progress. Have some issues to figure out with the fonts though--not happy about my implementation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-153042_Launcher_10.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-153042_Launcher_10.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 51

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Also need to get my Windows Phone sound pack. Microsoft emojis are working on the phone, and the navigation bar works like how it did on Windows Phone (it's not just icons on the 3 button android navigation bar).

I've gone through a lot of different ROMs, and I'm most happy with AOSP Extended. I did experiment using Square Home 3, and it was ok... I wasn't happy with the all apps list though. If only I could merge certain aspects of Launcher 10 with Square Home 3...

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

Nice layout! I have two questions for you. How can we get the Win10 Mobile fonts/icon packs? Secondly, regarding your Outlook Tiles, how did you create a Outlook Calendar Tile? Oh mine, I was unable to so I had to get another app called "Nine" email app (and installed my Outlook Calendar on it) to get a live tile up.

Thanks,
Nate

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So, my icon packs... they aren't exact versions of Microsoft... Launcher 10 comes with default white icons, there's also Whicons, FlatWhite, and Flight Lite. They are all in the play store, and available for free. Once you install them, if you edit a tile, you can select an icon from those installed icon packs.

The calendar is part of Launcher 10 too. I pinned the Outlook Calendar Widget, and then clicked the "show calendar live tile" option in the edit menu in Launcher 10.

Microsoft emoji can be found in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74311081&postcount=806. I unzipped that file and copied notocoloremoji.ttf directly to /system/fonts (as root).

To replace my font, which I'm not happy with my solution, I used SegoeWP-Semilight.ttf found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6455373&postcount=6. I used the program called iFont to install the custom font (as root). The way iFont works is that it replaces the system font with the new font--so all of my webpages, those that don't have a default font specified, show up as the Segoe font, which is a little weird. My android ROM has a font manager and selector, which doesn't replace the default font (so webpages are still rendered with Roboto), but I haven't figured out yet how to install the font properly with it yet (I can only select from preinstalled font choices right now).

Hope this helps.

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
One more thing--I was trying to make my own icon packs using Icon Pack Generator on the play store... but I couldn't get it to work. My custom icon pack in Launcher 10 was just showing up as empty... I'm still researching this aspect, but this is a lower priority for me right now.

I guess one more thing... I'm actually using 2 launchers. The cortana app is absolutely horrible, so what I have done is I've remapped my Cortana button to use the Microsoft Launcher instead (which opens to the glance page, and I'm removed all of the home screen/traditional launcher stuff through its settings).

And another thing... my Start Labels are made through the KWGT app.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
in my limited use so far it's amazing how many little quirks and inconsistencies android and its apps have.
WP was so slick and consistent

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just hope the developer of Launcher10 keeps on updating it and making it more and more like Win10 Mobile.

Nate

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
One more thing--I was trying to make my own icon packs using Icon Pack Generator on the play store... but I couldn't get it to work. My custom icon pack in Launcher 10 was just showing up as empty... I'm still researching this aspect, but this is a lower priority for me right now.

I guess one more thing... I'm actually using 2 launchers. The cortana app is absolutely horrible, so what I have done is I've remapped my Cortana button to use the Microsoft Launcher instead (which opens to the glance page, and I'm removed all of the home screen/traditional launcher stuff through its settings).

And another thing... my Start Labels are made through the KWGT app.

I'm still using 950xl as daily, but installed launcher 10 on my V20 and have started playing. First thing that comes up for me is the Navigation bar sucks. Can I duplicate W10M nav bar, double tap to turn off screen and swipe up to hide? How did u get Windows icon in middle of Nav bar? I haven't ponied up cash for paid version yet, but thinking of doing so to increase functionality.

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The navigation bar is a feature of my ROM. AOSP Extended has a feature called the Smart bar, which allows you to change navigation bar actions and icons--so, that is how I made my navbar act and look like a Windows Phone.

You can also set it to auto hide, and double tap to turn of the screen.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
With one of this Launchers, is it possible to use Cortana as de phone assistant (instead of Google's), use de MS Contacts app for the mobile contactcs, etc?

I see I'm going to be forced to move to Android when WhatsApp stop their app to Windows Mobile, but I want to feel the change as less as possible.

Thank you.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
With one of this Launchers, is it possible to use Cortana as de phone assistant (instead of Google's), use de MS Contacts app for the mobile contactcs, etc?

I see I'm going to be forced to move to Android when WhatsApp stop their app to Windows Mobile, but I want to feel the change as less as possible.

Thank you.

In my experience with my V20, setting Cortana as default assistant messes up the speech to text functionality in that mic is gone. Contacts have been a problem for me as well which is one of the reasons I'm still using W10m. Launcher 10 and square home 3 only show text from notification bar inside tile. There is a picture tile. I think launcher 10 shows contact pics. Email, text, calendar and phone live tiles show some text as well. However, no where near W10m live tile functionality.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The calander and outlook live tiles almost make a compelling case on their own. Could you get stuff like messenger and whatsapp to do the same (android notification shade is a mare)

Does launcher 10 support gestures?

What I've got with microsoft launcher, and blackberry inbox is pretty tide. But I miss direct visual view of my calender.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Drael,

No unfortunately only the Calendar app will switch the live tile regardless if you have an appt coming up today or in a couple of days.

No gesture support that I am aware of. I tried contacting the developer directly but have not received any response. Hopefully he/she is still updating and tweaking Launcher10.

Nate

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The calander and outlook live tiles almost make a compelling case on their own. Could you get stuff like messenger and whatsapp to do the same (android notification shade is a mare)

Does launcher 10 support gestures?

What I've got with microsoft launcher, and blackberry inbox is pretty tide. But I miss direct visual view of my calender.

These apps have working Live Tiles:

Calendar (Samsung and Google)
Photo Gallery
News Apps (MSN; Google; Flipboard)
Edmodo
Maps
ESPN
Starbucks
Facebook Messenger
Outlook Mail
Contacts

I haven't been able to get any weather apps' Live Tiles going, but other than that, I'm very happy with Launcher 10!

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

The game "Words With Friends 2" live tile functions are very sporadic. Live tiles show nothing but there is a badge count (which most of the time is very inaccurate).

Nate

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Anybody got the Facebook App Live Tile working? I remember in Windows 10 mobile, even if you didn't have a notification, the tile will still change between the Facebook icon and your profile picture in Facebook.

The Microsoft/MSN apps such as news, sports, and weather do not show as live tiles. Anybody got these to work at least? I did enable notifications and permission for the apps to run in the background.

Thanks,
Nate

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Launcher 10 has been updated a couple of times the past coue weeks. Has anybody figured out how to use the "rounded tile" option on a live tile?

Thanks,
Nate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss