Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

02-03-2021 12:27 PM
131 12345 ...
tools
    I went the opposite direction towards minimalism with Niagara launcher.
    Simple list of most frequently used apps, with little or no notifications or animation
    Background is a nostalgic mural of a local hotels

I have used square home before, found it a bit unstable so I stopped. But it does look good now. Will give it another go.
    Last edited by raycpl; 08-22-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-22-2019 12:30 AM
    Hello,

Is anyone having any troubles with their Outlook Calendar live tile? For some strange reason, it only shows Labor Day as my next event. I have meetings and such till then but it won't recognize my calendar like it use to.

I set that live tile by selecting the Outlook Calender Widget. I made sure that all my calendars, in outlook settings such has personal, work, sports are also selected.

Any idea why this is happening?

Many thanks...
    08-26-2019 11:38 PM
    I've been on Android for almost a year, and I have used different launchers (Microsoft launcher, Nova, Evie, Hyperion, Niagara, Lawnchair V2, Action Launcher...), my favorites are Nova and Evie. I never tried to replicate the look of Windows Phone on Android, until a month ago when (just for curiosity) I installed Launcher 10. In short, I really love being able to have tiles with cycling information again, I prefer this to the regular points or numeric badges over the icons. I'm quite happy with Launcher 10, it's not about nostalgia, for me is super informative and useful being able to look at my notifications with just a quick glance. I'm thankful for the versatility and personalization options available on Android.
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20190905-125304.jpg  
    Last edited by Dev954; 09-06-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    vtm, jeffchapik, Wevenhuis and 1 others like this.
    09-05-2019 02:01 PM
    Nice!
    09-26-2019 04:01 PM
    09-28-2019 09:22 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone have other launchers they use for a Win10 experience besides the ones listed in this thread?

Thanks,
    Nate
    10-30-2019 02:03 PM
    I've been on Android for almost a year, and I have used different launchers (Microsoft launcher, Nova, Evie, Hyperion, Niagara, Lawnchair V2, Action Launcher...), my favorites are Nova and Evie. I never tried to replicate the look of Windows Phone on Android, until a month ago when (just for curiosity) I installed Launcher 10. In short, I really love being able to have tiles with cycling information again, I prefer this to the regular points or numeric badges over the icons. I'm quite happy with Launcher 10, it's not about nostalgia, for me is super informative and useful being able to look at my notifications with just a quick glance. I'm thankful for the versatility and personalization options available on Android.
    Hi, welcome, y gracias. I'm still not using angroid, but I do have two phones warming up for when they're needed; so, your report is encouraging. Two questions. please: Is there a glance screen with those notifications, or where do you "quick glance" see them? Also, can you set differential audio alerts for each kind of notification (I use four distinct ones for texts, email, voicemail, and calendar.)? Thanks again.
    11-15-2019 10:23 AM
    Notification glance screen? Yes...

And notification tones can be individually customized within each app.
    11-15-2019 05:10 PM
    Notification glance screen? Yes...

And notification tones can be individually customized within each app.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3f13faab0d.jpg
    Thank you: I am going to try this. Very good on the individual tone customization. I meant the idle/glance screen that on my 950, always shows, at-a-glance, the time, date, and next calendar appointment, and then on the bottom, notification counts for new VM, calls, texts, and mails. So that I can, at a glance, see if I can continue to ignore my phone, or tend to it when I see a VM, call, or text notification count/change.

On a Sony, I get only a blank screen, and on an LG V20 I do get a too-little "second screen", with basics only. The V20 does have a double-tap to give me time and date, which is appreciated with the power button/finger-print reader being on the back. The Sony requires pushing the right-side power button just to see the time: how primitive.
    11-22-2019 11:21 AM
    Oh, I see what you're asking now. Yes, notifications show up on the lock screen, and by holding the icon, I can read or delete them without unlocking the phone.

However, I think this depends upon the model of phone. Mine is a Moto G6. Unfortunately, I can't grab a screenshot of it for you.
    11-22-2019 01:42 PM
    Oh, I see what you're asking now. Yes, notifications show up on the lock screen, and by holding the icon, I can read or delete them without unlocking the phone.

However, I think this depends upon the model of phone. Mine is a Moto G6. Unfortunately, I can't grab a screenshot of it for you.
    Lock screen, right: I'm losing WP literacy as I try to learn angroid. Thanks, this merits a try. I'm going to launch it on my V20 and see how it feels.
    11-23-2019 08:00 AM
    Hello,

I was wondering for awhile how to lay a contact tile on the homescreen. Finally figured it out. Chances are you may all know this but you simply have to just add a "contact widget" and select which contact you want as a tile.

Thanks,
    12-12-2019 05:15 PM
    So, as far as I have understood, there is an oficial Microsoft launcher, the "Microsoft Launcher", and other which are not, as "Launcher 10", "Nova", etc. Really?

My platform change is inminent, as WhatsApp is ending in less than two weeks. I'm still searching which of these ones will be the best options to emulate the Windows Phone experience and detach myself from Google's one.

Is there one of this launchers that allow to use Microsoft Contacts and Cortana? I asked some time ago and the answer was not. I don't know if the situation has changed (it's logicall to supose that Microsoft would be working in their apps on Google's environment because they are ending Windows Phone platformn at the same time that they prepare the new Microsoft Android pone).

Thank you.
    12-17-2019 09:08 AM
    I installed Microsoft Launcher in my phone, but I don't know how to configure it to have the menu with the square tiles, as in the screenshots posted here. There are a lot of icon options, I tried to touch them but I'm not able to find the way to do it.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.
    12-28-2019 12:40 PM
    You have to set Launcher 10 as your default home app in Settings>Apps>Advanced>Default Apps

aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2019 06:04 PM
    You have to set Launcher 10 as your default home app in Settings>Apps>Advanced>Default Apps

[IMG=270x540]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191228/180101b36745e7ef63597d96d602db5f.jpg[/url]
    Yes, but I'm using Microsoft Launcher (the official one), not the Launcher 10.

Can I do the same thing with this?

Thank you.
    12-28-2019 06:58 PM
    Nope
    12-28-2019 07:06 PM
    Still virgin ; )
    Attached Thumbnails 29811.jpg  
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2019 10:25 PM
    Nope
    OK, thank you. Talking then about the Launcher 10. It's possible to get the Bing diary image on the lock screen, as with the Microsoft Launcher? And Cortana as assistant?

Still virgin ; )
    How can I do to get the background image, and at the same time, the black borders on the icons? Like in your photo.
    If I put the maximun transparence of the icons, the border just dissapear, and I get white icons over the background image, without borders.

Thank you.
    12-29-2019 04:51 AM
    OK, thank you. Talking then about the Launcher 10. It's possible to get the Bing diary image on the lock screen, as with the Microsoft Launcher? And Cortana as assistant?

How can I do to get the background image, and at the same time, the black borders on the icons? Like in your photo.
    If I put the maximun transparence of the icons, the border just dissapear, and I get white icons over the background image, without borders.

Thank you.
    Yes, set wallpaper in Launcher 10, choose Live Wallpapers, then Bing. Cortana can be the digital assistant with or without Launcher 10, but it's nowhere near as functional as with Win Mobile.
    12-29-2019 02:12 PM
    In addition to be the best Windows Mobile like launcher, Square Home is definitely the BEST launcher in the world even better than the original.. And believe me I loved Windows Phone and switching to Android was really a pain ...
    Square home is the first app I will ever install on a phone and the one of few I ever bought.[IMG=512x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190820/25081ac5081e6acdaef1a913a9a336f3.jpg[/url]
    I never got on with this. For example, I wanted to be able to pin a tile for each of my Outlook accounts, like you could do in W10M, but I didn't seem to be able to do it.
    12-29-2019 10:28 PM
    Hello,

May the force be with you all...
    12-29-2019 10:37 PM
    I never got on with this. For example, I wanted to be able to pin a tile for each of my Outlook accounts, like you could do in W10M, but I didn't seem to be able to do it.
    Hello,
    There are several ways to achieve this and they are all depending on the mail application you are using (because the application drives what you can PIN to your home or not and not the launcher itself).
    If you are using Gmail application to handle your outlook accounts then this is straightforward, just PIN Gmail and squarehome will ask which specific account you want to PIN.
    If you are using Outlook as mail application then, unfortunately, the application does not handle pinning each mail account separately BUT you can use the Outlook widget to do this. The widget allows you to PIN each of your accounts separately.

Hope this helped

Thomas
    12-29-2019 11:17 PM
    Yes, set wallpaper in Launcher 10, choose Live Wallpapers, then Bing. Cortana can be the digital assistant with or without Launcher 10, but it's nowhere near as functional as with Win Mobile.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...63861b7a53.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...16d47904c1.jpg
    I don't find the option into the Launcher 10 settings to configure the wallpaper.
    And, about Cortana, I don't see it in the Play Store, or in the Launcher 10 options. :S

Hello,

May the force be with you all... [IMG=1080x2280]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191230/8c01247bea0c221d77d24fbb53f6871d.jpg[/url]
    It looks very nice! Is it the Launcher 10? I don't get the notifications number in my Outlook app. How did you get it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by DavidBS1989; 12-30-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    12-30-2019 03:57 AM
    I don't find the option into the Launcher 10 settings to configure the wallpaper.
    And, about Cortana, I don't see it in the Play Store, or in the Launcher 10 options.

12-30-2019 01:38 PM
131 12345 ...