Any Android users use Launcher 10 on their phones?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I briefly tried this but sadly I just couldn't get on with it. For example I wanted a tile for each of my Outlook accounts and I couldn't figure out how to get that to work. Also, when tapping a tile, it would briefly display the default wallpaper (even when I set the background to a solid colour) which didn't make it feel seamless for me. The layouts here though are very good.

sumanthsuresh

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with your thoughts
I am with microsoft launcher too
Tried launcher 10 doesn't have the same smoothness and integration
I still have my two 950 and 551 they work as my music players

kev baker

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I use it, it's a good app, when you go to phone and press the people icon you get all your microsoft people contacts and if you add or efit a contact you get an option of which contacts you want to edit, so just click on Microsoft account. Also all Microsoft apps are grouped together for you, it's the same as having a Windows phone again.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just messing about

20930519b0044b01a60052c092c767c1.jpg

.. think I'll stick with Niagara launcher for awhile yet..

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Raycpl,

How did you get the Nokia Camera app? I don't see it on the Android store.

Thanks
Oops.. I forgot to mention both camera app were originally called 'camera'.. I rename both: Nokia Camera for the default & Gcam for the other

ChrisP1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I actually use square home now. I use to use the Microsoft launcher but I got tired of how it works n thought there was some weird things going on. So I switched. I've tried other launchers before n I just really like tiles.

tlefeuvre

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
In addition to be the best Windows Mobile like launcher, Square Home is definitely the BEST launcher in the world even better than the original.. And believe me I loved Windows Phone and switching to Android was really a pain ...
Square home is the first app I will ever install on a phone and the one of few I ever bought.
25081ac5081e6acdaef1a913a9a336f3.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I went the opposite direction towards minimalism with Niagara launcher.
Simple list of most frequently used apps, with little or no notifications or animation
Background is a nostalgic mural of a local hotels
a5b6e2f9b8ed251e500619730f615192.jpg

I have used square home before, found it a bit unstable so I stopped. But it does look good now. Will give it another go.

Last edited:

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone having any troubles with their Outlook Calendar live tile? For some strange reason, it only shows Labor Day as my next event. I have meetings and such till then but it won't recognize my calendar like it use to.

I set that live tile by selecting the Outlook Calender Widget. I made sure that all my calendars, in outlook settings such has personal, work, sports are also selected.

Any idea why this is happening?

Many thanks...

Dev954

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Android for almost a year, and I have used different launchers (Microsoft launcher, Nova, Evie, Hyperion, Niagara, Lawnchair V2, Action Launcher...), my favorites are Nova and Evie. I never tried to replicate the look of Windows Phone on Android, until a month ago when (just for curiosity) I installed Launcher 10. In short, I really love being able to have tiles with cycling information again, I prefer this to the regular points or numeric badges over the icons. I'm quite happy with Launcher 10, it's not about nostalgia, for me is super informative and useful being able to look at my notifications with just a quick glance. I'm thankful for the versatility and personalization options available on Android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190905-125304.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-125304.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone have other launchers they use for a Win10 experience besides the ones listed in this thread?

Thanks,
Nate

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been on Android for almost a year, and I have used different launchers (Microsoft launcher, Nova, Evie, Hyperion, Niagara, Lawnchair V2, Action Launcher...), my favorites are Nova and Evie. I never tried to replicate the look of Windows Phone on Android, until a month ago when (just for curiosity) I installed Launcher 10. In short, I really love being able to have tiles with cycling information again, I prefer this to the regular points or numeric badges over the icons. I'm quite happy with Launcher 10, it's not about nostalgia, for me is super informative and useful being able to look at my notifications with just a quick glance. I'm thankful for the versatility and personalization options available on Android.
Hi, welcome, y gracias. I'm still not using angroid, but I do have two phones warming up for when they're needed; so, your report is encouraging. Two questions. please: Is there a glance screen with those notifications, or where do you "quick glance" see them? Also, can you set differential audio alerts for each kind of notification (I use four distinct ones for texts, email, voicemail, and calendar.)? Thanks again.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Notification glance screen? Yes...

And notification tones can be individually customized within each app.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191115/8001589ccbae7a6a970f183f13faab0d.jpg

Thank you: I am going to try this. Very good on the individual tone customization. I meant the idle/glance screen that on my 950, always shows, at-a-glance, the time, date, and next calendar appointment, and then on the bottom, notification counts for new VM, calls, texts, and mails. So that I can, at a glance, see if I can continue to ignore my phone, or tend to it when I see a VM, call, or text notification count/change.

On a Sony, I get only a blank screen, and on an LG V20 I do get a too-little "second screen", with basics only. The V20 does have a double-tap to give me time and date, which is appreciated with the power button/finger-print reader being on the back. The Sony requires pushing the right-side power button just to see the time: how primitive.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I see what you're asking now. Yes, notifications show up on the lock screen, and by holding the icon, I can read or delete them without unlocking the phone.

However, I think this depends upon the model of phone. Mine is a Moto G6. Unfortunately, I can't grab a screenshot of it for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)