Any Android users use Launcher 10 on their phones?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I see what you're asking now. Yes, notifications show up on the lock screen, and by holding the icon, I can read or delete them without unlocking the phone.

However, I think this depends upon the model of phone. Mine is a Moto G6. Unfortunately, I can't grab a screenshot of it for you.

Lock screen, right: I'm losing WP literacy as I try to learn angroid. Thanks, this merits a try. I'm going to launch it on my V20 and see how it feels.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I was wondering for awhile how to lay a contact tile on the homescreen. Finally figured it out. Chances are you may all know this but you simply have to just add a "contact widget" and select which contact you want as a tile.

Thanks,

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
So, as far as I have understood, there is an oficial Microsoft launcher, the "Microsoft Launcher", and other which are not, as "Launcher 10", "Nova", etc. Really?

My platform change is inminent, as WhatsApp is ending in less than two weeks. I'm still searching which of these ones will be the best options to emulate the Windows Phone experience and detach myself from Google's one.

Is there one of this launchers that allow to use Microsoft Contacts and Cortana? I asked some time ago and the answer was not. I don't know if the situation has changed (it's logicall to supose that Microsoft would be working in their apps on Google's environment because they are ending Windows Phone platformn at the same time that they prepare the new Microsoft Android pone).

Thank you.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I installed Microsoft Launcher in my phone, but I don't know how to configure it to have the menu with the square tiles, as in the screenshots posted here. There are a lot of icon options, I tried to touch them but I'm not able to find the way to do it.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
You have to set Launcher 10 as your default home app in Settings>Apps>Advanced>Default Apps

180101b36745e7ef63597d96d602db5f.jpg

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site

OK, thank you. Talking then about the Launcher 10. It's possible to get the Bing diary image on the lock screen, as with the Microsoft Launcher? And Cortana as assistant?

Still virgin ; )
How can I do to get the background image, and at the same time, the black borders on the icons? Like in your photo.
If I put the maximun transparence of the icons, the border just dissapear, and I get white icons over the background image, without borders.

Thank you.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
OK, thank you. Talking then about the Launcher 10. It's possible to get the Bing diary image on the lock screen, as with the Microsoft Launcher? And Cortana as assistant?

How can I do to get the background image, and at the same time, the black borders on the icons? Like in your photo.
If I put the maximun transparence of the icons, the border just dissapear, and I get white icons over the background image, without borders.

Thank you.
Yes, set wallpaper in Launcher 10, choose Live Wallpapers, then Bing. Cortana can be the digital assistant with or without Launcher 10, but it's nowhere near as functional as with Win Mobile.
04f4cde5e7a879fdd17d5a63861b7a53.jpg
ae9076eade93dbbdbd158716d47904c1.jpg

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
In addition to be the best Windows Mobile like launcher, Square Home is definitely the BEST launcher in the world even better than the original.. And believe me I loved Windows Phone and switching to Android was really a pain ...
Square home is the first app I will ever install on a phone and the one of few I ever bought.
25081ac5081e6acdaef1a913a9a336f3.jpg

I never got on with this. For example, I wanted to be able to pin a tile for each of my Outlook accounts, like you could do in W10M, but I didn't seem to be able to do it.

tlefeuvre

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I never got on with this. For example, I wanted to be able to pin a tile for each of my Outlook accounts, like you could do in W10M, but I didn't seem to be able to do it.
Hello,
There are several ways to achieve this and they are all depending on the mail application you are using (because the application drives what you can PIN to your home or not and not the launcher itself).
If you are using Gmail application to handle your outlook accounts then this is straightforward, just PIN Gmail and squarehome will ask which specific account you want to PIN.
If you are using Outlook as mail application then, unfortunately, the application does not handle pinning each mail account separately BUT you can use the Outlook widget to do this. The widget allows you to PIN each of your accounts separately.

Hope this helped

Thomas

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Yes, set wallpaper in Launcher 10, choose Live Wallpapers, then Bing. Cortana can be the digital assistant with or without Launcher 10, but it's nowhere near as functional as with Win Mobile.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191229/04f4cde5e7a879fdd17d5a63861b7a53.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191229/ae9076eade93dbbdbd158716d47904c1.jpg
I don't find the option into the Launcher 10 settings to configure the wallpaper.
And, about Cortana, I don't see it in the Play Store, or in the Launcher 10 options. :S

Hello,

May the force be with you all...
8c01247bea0c221d77d24fbb53f6871d.jpg
It looks very nice! Is it the Launcher 10? I don't get the notifications number in my Outlook app. How did you get it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site

Thank you again and sorry for bother you.
About the wallpaper, in this option it allows you to change the background in the start screen, and consequently, the lock screen. But is not posible to have a custom picture for the background of the start screen, and have the Bing image in the lock screen? I don't know why but it seems that you can only select the Bing diary image for both things together, not for only the lock screen.

And Cortana, I don't know why, but it doesn't appear to me. I think it must be a region issue (I'm from Spain).

Thank you again.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is why I gave up on using these kinds of apps. You can't recreate W10M 100%, without using a W10M phone.
Over the years I've used: Nokia Symbian, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and Android. I've never tried to make any of these various mobile OSes look like another, but rather just adapted to each one for its own features. That's something I learnt from being a longtime user of both Windows desktop (since Windows 95) and Linux desktop (various distros and desktops).

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
This is why I gave up on using these kinds of apps. You can't recreate W10M 100%, without using a W10M phone.

You're right, you are not going to have the exactly experience. But I think is not bad to have a part of it, if it's what you like xD. It depends on what do you prefere. In my case, I really dislike Android system and interface (and I hate Google XD); in the past I just have one Android phone during a few years due to this reason.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
n my case, I really dislike Android system and interface

Andoid (and iOS) are a lot like Windows has been for 30 years. In fact, Windows went to the Live Tile system and then pretty much dropped it. All that's left is Live Tiles in the Start menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz