How to configure Microsoft Launcher to put icons as in Windows Phone? (Need help)

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I just installed Microsoft Launcher on my Nokia 9. I have installed Microsoft apps, but I don't know how to configure the icons to see them as the squares, like I have see people do with this launchers.

I tried to do it but there are a lot of options, and as far as I tried, I haven't found how to do it.

Does anyone know how to do it? Is there any guide or website to do it? Any info is useful, thank you.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I may be incorrect, only been back with Android for 30 days but icon shapes are not set via the Launcher settings. Maybe it's different with different phones and/or different icon packs. For me on a OnePlus 7T they're set in the phone's settings > Customization > Shape. However, the Launcher has a couple "shape" options from the Home Screen setting: Icon appearance and Folder appearance. The Icon setting is for making all icons the same shape (on/off, not which shape) and the folder is for the folder shape, which defaults to rounded square.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I may be incorrect, only been back with Android for 30 days but icon shapes are not set via the Launcher settings. Maybe it's different with different phones and/or different icon packs. For me on a OnePlus 7T they're set in the phone's settings > Customization > Shape. However, the Launcher has a couple "shape" options from the Home Screen setting: Icon appearance and Folder appearance. The Icon setting is for making all icons the same shape (on/off, not which shape) and the folder is for the folder shape, which defaults to rounded square.
Well, the Microsoft Launcher has a "Configuration" section, where you can access to a "Select icon pack", and you're able to select some others if you download them. So, the question is, what is the icon pack that put the icons as squares tiles of Windows?

Use Launcher10 or SquareHome to make Android look like Windows Mobile.
OK, I have downloaded the Launcher 10, and yes, it makes the appearance like a Windows Mobile, it's amazing. Thank you.
It's possible to configure the lock screen with the diary Bing image, as the Microsoft Launcher allows?
I also miss the Cortana integration in Launcher 10. Is there any chance to get it?

Thank you again to all.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You can't really do this using the MS launcher. You need a dedicated launcher app, like launcher10. I tried it and I wasn't happy with how it looked. It looked like W10M, yes, but kind of a cheap knock-off version, and wasn't as polished as the MS launcher. So I gave up and I just use the MS launcher now.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
You can't really do this using the MS launcher. You need a dedicated launcher app, like launcher10. I tried it and I wasn't happy with how it looked. It looked like W10M, yes, but kind of a cheap knock-off version, and wasn't as polished as the MS launcher. So I gave up and I just use the MS launcher now.

But what are the differences? As far as I tried, MS Launcher just allow you to install the MS app, which can be done without it. I don't understant what difference brings. Launcher 10 allows you to get the same IU, and you can also install by yourself the MS apps.

I'm new yet, and a little confused xD. Sorry and thank you again.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
But what are the differences? As far as I tried, MS Launcher just allow you to install the MS app, which can be done without it. I don't understant what difference brings. Launcher 10 allows you to get the same IU, and you can also install by yourself the MS apps.

I'm new yet, and a little confused xD. Sorry and thank you again.

The difference is exactly what you have said. The MS launcher is just a clean launcher that integrates with all of MS's other software and services on Android. Apps like Launcher10 focus instead on providing a UI that looks like W10M.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
The difference is exactly what you have said. The MS launcher is just a clean launcher that integrates with all of MS's other software and services on Android. Apps like Launcher10 focus instead on providing a UI that looks like W10M.

OK, but, once you have installed by you own all the Microsoft services (understanding as their apps), the Microsoft Launcher doesn't give you nothing more, while Launcher 10 allows you to use these same apps at the same time that you have the W10M UI, really? The only difference is that with the Launcher 10 you have to install each app by yourself.

Is that the point? I'm not sure if I understood it or if I am missing something.

Thank you again.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
OK, but, once you have installed by you own all the Microsoft services (understanding as their apps), the Microsoft Launcher doesn't give you nothing more, while Launcher 10 allows you to use these same apps at the same time that you have the W10M UI, really? The only difference is that with the Launcher 10 you have to install each app by yourself.

Is that the point? I'm not sure if I understood it or if I am missing something.

Thank you again.

MS Launcher also adds "Your Feed" which consolidates stuff from your calendar, email, and some MS services onto one screen. Swipe left from the home screen. Check out the MS Launcher webpage for a summary.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...crosoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flauncher&token=vRP-684Y

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
[URL="https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fclick.linksynergy.com%2Fdeeplink%3Fid%3DkXQk6%252AivFEQ%26mid%3D24542%26u1%3DUUwpUvbUpU3802913%26murl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.microsoft.com%252Fen-us%252Flauncher%2522&token=CUVieAJB]https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/launcher[/URL]

MS Launcher also adds "Your Feed" which consolidates stuff from your calendar, email, and some MS services onto one screen. Swipe left from the home screen. Check out the MS Launcher webpage for a summary.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...crosoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flauncher&token=qA6Uz4id

I actually far prefer the MS launcher and if you are after something that is MS focused, and not focused on just reskinning your UI to look like W10M, then you need that.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I actually far prefer the MS launcher and if you are after something that is MS focused, and not focused on just reskinning your UI to look like W10M, then you need that.

Yes. But I don't find nothing more with the MS Launcher, apart of the screen when you scroll to the left, that shows you the info of MS apps.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. But I don't find nothing more with the MS Launcher, apart of the screen when you scroll to the left, that shows you the info of MS apps.

But the point of the MS launcher is just to focus on MS apps and services on Android. If you want to solely have your Andrid phone look like W10M then go with Launcher10 or SquareHome2 instead.

Gregkk

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Because L10 & SquareH3 are only attempts but not really WP10. Ultimately MS Launcher integrates the MS content quite well.

Apologies for butting in 😊

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Been trying launcher 10 and squarehome2, but always go back to microsoft launcher after some time. 😂

I also tried them both for a week or two, and went back as well. Among other attributes, I value Microsoft's ad-free, truly-free model, vs. the common pay-for-features one. Microsoft updates it quite regularly as well. (Disclaimer: My Lumia 950 is still my daily-driver, amazingly- and thankfully-enough, so I still have the real-thing contrast.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99