Microsoft Your Phone with Android Phone

Bash_Man

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
hey everyone,
I recently I got a Pixel 3 XL as a gift for Christmas and gave my Pixel 2 XL to my Girlfriend.

With the Pixel 2 XL, i was able to use the new "Your Phone" app and being able to make phone calls, etc..

When I switched to the Pixel 3 XL and set my MS account on the "Your Phone" App, there is no such option.

The app is the latest version on my Pixel 3 XL and both of my WIN10 Lenovo Laptop and my Surface Pro 4. Yet on neither device I have the Phone Calls Options. I used it with the Pixel 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The Your Phone app is exceedingly picky about running properly and it pretty much half baked. The option to make phone calls using Your Phone is only applicable to supported handsets. I guess your new phone is not supported yet.

Bash_Man

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
The Your Phone app is exceedingly picky about running properly and it pretty much half baked. The option to make phone calls using Your Phone is only applicable to supported handsets. I guess your new phone is not supported yet.

Hey, thanks for the response. I know its a picky app. When it works, it works great. But when it doesnt, you have to go through great lengths to get it working.

Understandable about the compatiblity with newer handset, but I thought Microsoft made it generally available for anyone to use the Phone Calls feature. Weird!.

Cheers

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the response. I know its a picky app. When it works, it works great. But when it doesnt, you have to go through great lengths to get it working.

Understandable about the compatiblity with newer handset, but I thought Microsoft made it generally available for anyone to use the Phone Calls feature. Weird!.

Cheers

Unfortunately the phone calls feature is only on certain high-end phones right now. And yes, the app is great when it works, but a right pain when it doesn't. And for me it doesn't work most of the time.

Bash_Man

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
so I got an update on my Pixel 3 XL today for the Your Phone app and its enabled the Calling features between the phone and laptop :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss