Mapping alternative?

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I tried waze for the first time a month or so ago and was surprised it showed where a cop was sitting. It also showed the new construction on the highway that started a few days before.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried waze for the first time a month or so ago and was surprised it showed where a cop was sitting. It also showed the new construction on the highway that started a few days before.

That's what makes Waze great - it's actually crowd sourced for information. It allows users to report road hazards as they drive such as police, stopped vehicles, road construction, traffic congestion (and others to confirm if these hazards are still there or not as they drive past). It is also the best ranked mapping service for redirecting routes around traffic congestion because users are reporting those things live.

Google bought Waze a few years ago, but have let them do their thing instead of rolling it into G-Maps. Google has incorporated a couple of items from Waze into G-Maps (like reporting some items), but Waze does it better and has the largest user base for a reason. It's the best service out there.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion: Waze sure is the WC peoples' choice. FWIW, I've installed Waze and HERE WeGo. I like them both, though I rely on the latter mostly because its displays are less busy with every fast food and other advertisers along my routes. On occasions that I need that, I run Waze. I'm probably also a little biased because I drive an Audi, a partial owner. I do still have to learn how Waze is integrated with Spotify, and better so than with HERE. Thanks again and enjoy your routings.

P.S.: I haven't learned all the options/settings these apps may offer,

Stevan aka kich16

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
HERE WeGo is my number one choice. Mostly because of the free offline maps download option, as well as being able to create collections and sync them between my devices (i.e. create it on the web, and later use it on my phone)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I tried using alternatives for awhile, but tbh, even those here wego is a close runner up, it's not as good as google maps in terms of pathfinding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel