LG NeXus 4...hmmm...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Now before everyone pulls the trigger as to this is the wrong place... I am here to discuss, not the phone, but something else.

Strategy.

So the LG neXus 4 was announced yesterday. And why has it got me interested.

Let's start with Specs:

- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chip with quad core Krait CPUs

- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus

- 1280 x 768p resolution

- 8MP primary camera, 1.3MP HD webcam

- 2GB RAM

- 8GB or 16GB internal memory

- NFC, wireless charging

- 2100mAh lithium-polymer battery

- Android Jelly Bean v4.2

And then, the biggest reason, the price.

16GB for 350$ and that comes to 20,000k in INR. HOW COOL IS THAT!

Do I even need to mention 8gig's price? (it's is 300$ BTW)

Now this is what I call competitive marketing.

And it doesn't end there, it is carrier unlocked by default so all I need to do is but the phone, log in with the Google account and that's it. Also, I can for the first time, buy it in India directly from Google PlayStore. This is confirmed by LG.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I lost interest when you mentioned Android.

And this is 100% unequivocally in the wrong place.

Fair enough. I am not talking about the phone or the OS. I am talking about the strategy and marketing of a device.

But yes, I get what you are saying. This is the wrong place.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I am not talking about the phone or the OS. I am talking about the strategy and marketing of a device.

But yes, I get what you are saying. This is the wrong place.

You and winterfang will have a nice new home over on Android Central. May the force me with you.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You and winterfang will have a nice new home over on Android Central. May the force me with you.

I don't know what part of my post said "I AM BUYING THIS" but thanks for your view...(it doesn't matter what you think actually). And I don't know about WF, but if you are going to overlook facts and be blinded by something, then the force needs to be with you and not me.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what part of my post said "I AM BUYING THIS" but thanks for your view...(it doesn't matter what you think actually). And I don't know about WF, but if you are going to overlook facts and be blinded by something, then the force needs to be with you and not me.

The force is always with me. May the force be with YOU.

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This phone is seriously a possibility for me being a Galaxy Nexus owner (previous Focus owner). The price is definitely tempting. And let's not mention that Google announced concrete details about price and availability and flooded the media with info minutes before the WP8 announcement. And while I'm rooting for WP8, I thought their announcement was more exciting and effective. I am however up for an upgrade so I might use my upgrade and sell my current Galaxy Nexus in oder for me to get both. I love tech toys

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
No LTE tho is a deal breaker. But then again its not like I know what it feel likes having LTE as I don't have it now or have I had it.

I'm gonna hold off on reviews for both. Either way I'm getting a new phone

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This phone is seriously a possibility for me being a Galaxy Nexus owner (previous Focus owner). The price is definitely tempting. And let's not mention that Google announced concrete details about price and availability and flooded the media with info minutes before the WP8 announcement. And while I'm rooting for WP8, I thought their announcement was more exciting and effective. I am however up for an upgrade so I might use my upgrade and sell my current Galaxy Nexus in oder for me to get both. I love tech toys

Exactly. That's what I am discussing here. Strategy and marketing. They have not left any questions unanswered and for that price when you get that hardware, it is a bit of deal maker. Unfortunately, people who always have the force with them, lose the touch of rationality and go on hating everyone else who isn't talking their language. It's more or less like Jihad.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Great specs but I have a feeling it's going to be a year and a half before devs really start taking advantage of quad core CPUs and 2GB of RAM. It's great for people looking to future proof their phone but that also means it's going to be a while before they can take advantage of all that great hardware. Granted, those specs will be outclassed in a year.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
No LTE and it has Android. Those are the two main issues with the phone. I just sold my Galaxy Nexus and can't wait to get back to WP. The quick availability and pricing is nice, but the reason they can do that is because they are bypassing the carriers. In the states, AT&T is the holdup on the announcement of the Lumia 920.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is priced really competitively. I'm sure that's cheaper than the 8S/820 phones will be off contract. It's creating a lot of buzz. It's almost an impulse purchase for a lot of people. The margins must be very small...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is priced really competitively. I'm sure that's cheaper than the 8S/820 phones will be off contract. It's creating a lot of buzz. It's almost an impulse purchase for a lot of people. The margins must be very small...

it is way way way cheaper than any smartphone ever...i think. And with the way prices of everything are shooting up here, it is not only difficult to live, but affording an expensive device is a bit of a stretch. Also, the specs are really great. Forget the internals for one moment, but the very screen is awesome. I like to read and play games, and this is just perfect when it comes to that two specifically.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No LTE and it has Android. Those are the two main issues with the phone. I just sold my Galaxy Nexus and can't wait to get back to WP. The quick availability and pricing is nice, but the reason they can do that is because they are bypassing the carriers. In the states, AT&T is the holdup on the announcement of the Lumia 920.

There is no LTE here in India and for won't be for a while also. So that's not much of a problem for me.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Google didn't just undercut the 8X, or Lumia 920, or both. It undercut the entire smartphone industry with the unlocked price on the Nexus 4. While it might not be such a big deal in the US where the contract price is nothing special, in other countries it is absolutely huge. It is undoubtedly the best Android device, and the best overall device in its price range and above. Unless you have decided on iOS or Windows Phone for a particular reason, I'd recommend it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss