Left Windows Phone for Android

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why some people come to a WP forum to say they got something else. Do these guys go to a Ford dealer to tell them they bought a Chevy? Or go to their mother-in-laws to say they're dumping their wife for a better model?

It's some kind of faux grandstanding that is really not very helpful. Just go to a bar and vent at the bartender instead.

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why some people come to a WP forum to say they got something else. Do these guys go to a Ford dealer to tell them they bought a Chevy? Or go to their mother-in-laws to say they're dumping their wife for a better model?

It's some kind of faux grandstanding that is really not very helpful. Just go to a bar and vent at the bartender instead.

Chill out, dude. That's what you do when you are deeply attached to something and you get very frustrated. This was the place I used to come for news and discussions for over a year on a daily basis, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you people, not a bartender. It was my frustration with WP that led me to buy an Android phone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, if that is acceptable behavior, perhaps the hundreds of WP users on the forum who switched from Android should head over to the Android forum and start one new thread each, explaining how Android was frustrating trash and WP is clearly superior. I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all, and if they complained, you could just say "chill dude," right?

Seriously, I am happy that you're happy with your new ecosystem. Enjoy. Go head over there to talk about it, and we won't bother you over there about how happy we are that our phones don't crash and freeze several times a day (unlike our Android devices).

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I am happy that you're happy with your new ecosystem. Enjoy. Go head over there to talk about it, and we won't bother you over there about how happy we are that our phones don't crash and freeze several times a day (unlike our Android devices).

I'm sorry you'd rather live in a happy bubble than having to talk to people who has different opinions than yours.

My Titan used to crash, had huge connectivity issues and a laggy scrolling. My Android is lag free and works fine.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, if that is acceptable behavior, perhaps the hundreds of WP users on the forum who switched from Android should head over to the Android forum and start one new thread each, explaining how Android was frustrating trash and WP is clearly superior. I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all, and if they complained, you could just say "chill dude," right?

Thanks for taking all the freezing problems for me. Haven't had one in a while!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

spazzmaster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Nokia and got an S3. Now I'm a happy camper with a customisable interface and most importantly lots of medical apps. I may take another look at WP if they increase the number of medical apps from zero.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Nokia and got an S3. Now I'm a happy camper with a customisable interface and most importantly lots of medical apps. I may take another look at WP if they increase the number of medical apps from zero.

What medical field are you in?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Why do people feel the need to go to a forum for a product only to say that they don't use the product? If you love Android go over to an Android forum and be positive about it. Coming here to say all that you don't like about WP is kind of unnecessarily negative.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Why do people feel the need to go to a forum for a product only to say that they don't use the product? If you love Android go over to an Android forum and be positive about it. Coming here to say all that you don't like about WP is kind of unnecessarily negative.

blind support offers MS and Nokia nothing. If you go to a restaurant and get bad service, then tell them everything was great - how can they get better? Honest criticism is a good thing. So are there things I like - yeah more then those I don't, so I choose to stay. If the scale tips the other way I may choose to leave.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
blind support offers MS and Nokia nothing. If you go to a restaurant and get bad service, then tell them everything was great - how can they get better? Honest criticism is a good thing. So are there things I like - yeah more then those I don't, so I choose to stay. If the scale tips the other way I may choose to leave.
this thread wasn't started by criticism. It was a "why I'm leaving" and didn't really offer much that was productive.

I offer critical analysis all the time but never under the guise of a threat of bailing or that I have already bailed. I don't have such self-importance.

spazzmaster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a General Practitioner.
WP didn't have Medscape when I last checked. The UI really impressed me, but why the absence of medical apps? Even BlackBerry has Medscape.
The only way I would try WP again is if medical apps became available.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a General Practitioner.
WP didn't have Medscape when I last checked. The UI really impressed me, but why the absence of medical apps? Even BlackBerry has Medscape.
The only way I would try WP again is if medical apps became available.

I'm glad that an app, or a certain type of app, does not dictate my tech buys. :)

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand why people make things up about the GS3. I never have to close anything except the occasional app I haven't used for days and I get 2 days battery life easily. Best smartphone battery life I ever had in my life. No freezing or crashes or lags etc.

Sometimes I wonder. Are these people just ******ed or making things up? I choose to be positive and respect humanity enough to say they are making things up rather than being ******ed.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

You sound a lot more vocal about it then his post was. his post was actually quite harmless until you turned it into a pissing contest with your lies.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Sold my lumia 810 and went back to android. Got a meizu MX. My wife has my galaxy note

I love wp but I just need a more full blown mobile device. I need background downloads and I need some apps/widgets to refresh earlier than 30 minutes, which wp doesn't allow for "live" tiles unless its the email, SMS, phone notifications. Nothing live about those tiles at all. The 30 min minimum for live tile refresh is a joke.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I moved on from an HTC Titan II to a Galaxy Note II and it is no comparison. The Note II even beats out my wife's Lumia 920, no phone can touch it at the moment IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte