Do you think i should switch to Android ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi

In fact i love windows 10 mobile but i worried about one thing: Devs stop supporting from their apps and then with that condition i cant sell my Lumia 640.

now do you think this is a good time for selling my Lumia ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to Android.

That's still your call. If you plan on selling any mainstream phone, sooner is typically better than later.

The best time to sell a 640 was probably when it was new, but if you want to get rid of it then go for it. If you want to keep it, then keep it.

As for Android, that's your call as well. I switched a long time ago, but there's still people who cling to BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.1 so if it works for them (and they're not misinformed), I can't blame them.

IuliaGz

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
if you are using many of google products then maybe you should use android devices as they are better supporting google products.
if u are using more microsoft products, then u should use windows based phones as they better support microsoft products

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
From where I am sitting, as many are coming to UWP, as are leaving Silverlight.

But I don't think your 640 is suddenly going to lose any more value, than it has. If anything it already would have lost a lot value as an 8.1 phone that is outdated.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
If you find yourself asking this question then yes, you should switch. If you find you don't like Android, then just hang on to your old Lumia. There probably isn't much for resale value at this point anyway.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried Android for a couple of months, but didn't care for it, even with Launcher 10. I'm back on my 640. It's like getting back with an old girlfriend.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Six half a dozen or the other. They all do the same thing just look differnent while you are using them...lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi

In fact i love windows 10 mobile but i worried about one thing: Devs stop supporting from their apps and then with that condition i cant sell my Lumia 640.

I will say this.

If apps are your concern then, yes, I would move from WM10.

Microsoft apps work great on Android, as has been pointed out.

The only thing that seems to upset people with Android, more often than not, is the interface.

That's easily changed by using a launcher and there's many out there. Of course it will never be Windows but it's workable. Just make sure you set it up for your life. Just like you would with Windows.

If you plan to switch, I'd suggest getting the best Android phone you can afford. That way you're less likely to be disappointed.

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I will say this.

If apps are your concern then, yes, I would move from WM10.

Microsoft apps work great on Android, as has been pointed out.

The only thing that seems to upset people with Android, more often than not, is the interface.

That's easily changed by using a launcher and there's many out there. Of course it will never be Windows but it's workable. Just make sure you set it up for your life. Just like you would with Windows.

If you plan to switch, I'd suggest getting the best Android phone you can afford. That way you're less likely to be disappointed.

yes exactly my concern is apps and my target is Nokia 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
yes exactly my concern is apps and my target is Nokia 5

I think the Nokia 5 is a very good phone for the price tag. I've not used it but it has favourable reviews.

The best part it has stock Android so it will run really nice. Add launcher to suit. :)

I don't know how long you've been on Windows but the app market on Android is very extensive. It's easy to get over enthusiastic about it. But it's great to have options.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes you should move to Android.

With that said your 640 is worthless.

I bought a brand new 640 over a year ago, from Best Buy, for only $30 on closeout. (and no it was no contract, it was full purchase price).

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I got a couple of those $30 AT&T Go Phone 640's at Best Buy too. I'm typing on one of them right now.

My problem with Android wasn't the interface so much, as I ran Launcher 10 and my start screen looked just like my Windows Phone. Although the settings menus were a jumbled mess.

But my biggest problem was the loss of functionality that Cortana provides. Android wouldn't announce my incoming messages over the hands free in my car, and in order to get turn by turn directions, I had to be set to the phone over BT as my input. It didn't treat it like an incoming call as Cortana does and interrupt any source.

All my music is stored on OneDrive, but I couldn't find any music player other than Groove that could access it. But neither Okay Google nor Cortana on Android could control Groove via voice commands, ie. "shuffle my music" or "play Aerosmith".

And widgets, when they even work which appears to be rarely, are a poor substitute for live tiles.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

From an app standpoint, yeah...shifting to Android is probably a good move. What devices did you have in mind?

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
thanks for all advises, i will buy an android phone in near future, Nokia 5 still is unavailable in my country.

From an app standpoint, yeah...shifting to Android is probably a good move. What devices did you have in mind?

Nokia 5, i love nokia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss