Do I need a gmail account to use an Android phone?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a gmail account from years ago and used to when I first got my Galaxy. Never had to use it again and use my live.com account.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You need an e-mail account. not necessarily gmail

To clarify, you need a Google account. Most often it is yourname@gmail.com, but that is just a username. You can use your existing @outlook.com or @yahoo.com or @aol.com or @mybusinessname.com email address as the Google account's username if you wish.

SteggyDad

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So say I have a gmail and Hotmail account. Gmail is mainly to give to those people (businesses) that I don't really want email from. Kind of my spam email account. Hotmail is my primary personal account. If I am looking to use Microsoft services on an Android device is there an advantage to maing either one my primary account on the phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So say I have a gmail and Hotmail account. Gmail is mainly to give to those people (businesses) that I don't really want email from. Kind of my spam email account. Hotmail is my primary personal account. If I am looking to use Microsoft services on an Android device is there an advantage to maing either one my primary account on the phone?

No, you'll still need a Google account to access some features (like how you need an MS account to do install apps on a WP) but you don't even have to sync Gmail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos