Outlook Mobile questions and suggestions

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Wife and I made the switch from Lumia 950s to the Galaxy S8s, and have several questions about Outlook Mobile:

1) Can you zoom (2-pinch) in messages? Doesn't seem so?
2) Can you jump (is that what it's called?) around contacts in People by pressing the letters at left to choose A, B, C, D, etc.?
3) Can you mark Junk/Spam mails as "Safe" apart from simply moving them to the Inbox?
4) Why does my wife's Spam folder have an "Empty Spam" button by mine does not? Also, our left-menu folder windows look completely different!

See screenshots (mine/hers, left/right). Our phones are both brand new and showing the same App Version 2.2.66 (237) mainline. See where the Settings icon is on both phones...

Screenshot_all.jpg

Any thoughts on why the differences? At most, all I want is the ability to empty my Spam folder!

ENV

Edit: my wife's Settings menu also has a "Link preview" option beneath "Organize mail by thread" as seen here:

Screenshot_20171211-183542.jpg

Last edited:

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I can only help with the first two.
1) Yes, you can pinch zoom in the messages. Just tried it.
2) Unfortunately you can not jump between contacts, like in windows phone.

As for the differences between you and your wife's phones, are you both in the same launcher?

My wife and I are in the same boat as your all, we just switched foxing 950xl to Note 8's. There had been a learning curve and compromises to work flow on the Android phone from wp10.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, same MS Launcher. I chatted with Support and they said we could be on two different Outlook versions being rolled out, and that I just have to wait. Strange though that our app versions are exactly the same, yet they roll out features not changing the version number??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon