The best twitter app for windows phone 7

mark300

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I would like to recommend a new Twitter app for Windows Phone 7. It is called ?TwittWp?. It provides many nice features. For example,
1.Retweet by SMS, Email
2.Lists management: Add, edit, delete Lists. Allow users to choose which lists will be invisible/visible.
3.The user interface of the lists and search sections are shown by ?Metro? mode. It allows users to swipe left or right to see different lists or searching results within one app.
4.Nearby: Display the content of the tweet and location of the friends you followed on the map
5.In the details of the timelines, provide the main drive route navigation that helps you to find the location of your friends easily.
Zune Link:
Zune.net
It supports trial version, you can try it.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i tried it and didnt like it. the UI wasnt very impressive. I tried and recently bought Birdsong which is much nicer IMO and they are releasing a major update in a few days.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few now and Birdsong is right up there. One thing I like and none of the apps I've tried does is, hold at/on the last read tweet. It's a pain to scroll backwards trying to find where you left off, especially if it's been an hour or few.

downhillrider - what's coming in the Birdsong update, do you know?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Bought twittwp to give it a try. First impression isn't too bad.

Another thing none other than the native twitter app do is store hashtags and have friend finder. I appreciate these features enough to keep going back to it.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Bought twittwp to give it a try. First impression isn't too bad.

Another thing none other than the native twitter app do is store hashtags and have friend finder. I appreciate these features enough to keep going back to it.

The official twitter app doesn't show tweets from protected accounts. I hope they will address this in an update.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jplayer01

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Definitely liking Birdsong. Very nice interface, easy to use. Developers are open to feedback and have always replied to my inquiries (there's also a page where you can vote for features you want: Customer Feedback for Red Badger). There are a lot of cool features incoming, so Birdsong will only be getting better.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Beeze all the time because of the live tile works great, but I find myself exiting out of beeze and launching birdsong just because its much easer to read than Beeze
if the birdsong had a live tile I would not look back anymore..
just my 2 pennies

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Beeze all the time because of the live tile works great, but I find myself exiting out of beeze and launching birdsong just because its much easer to read than Beeze
if the birdsong had a live tile I would not look back anymore..
just my 2 pennies

Birdsong is full of potential. Be sure and click on jplayer01 s link and let your votes say what features you'd like added.

Soaked

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I'd buy a twitter app, but you guys made it sound awesome and it is! The interface is the best I've seen in a twitter app (birdsong). One of my better app purchases. :)

I thought I read somewhere that it could tweet the song you were listening to, but I guess it can't since nothing is there.

Last edited:

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone back and havent installed anything yet. does birdsong load any faster? I know that was one of the things on the update list

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll give some of these a whirl. I've used Seesmic on my last 3 platforms (including wp7) and really enjoy it. Always ending up trying different ones, but usually end up back with Seesmic in the end.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for moTweets, however in all honesty I think it would be awesome if Microsoft would have both Facebook and Twitter support through the messaging app so that the majority of the core features are implemented and only minor features would be what 3rd party apps would be for personally add that messaging support and I wouldnt use either on of the apps.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually looking forward to WP7 Twitter integration.

I like how Facebook is integrated, even though I use FB maybe 2% or the time with Twitter the other 98%.

If they can do as good a job with Twitter, I'll be a happy boy!

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried a few of them and I'm using Birdsong. I liked Beez and the live tile notifications but I just couldn't get over that awful background the whole time. I like the simple and clean look of birdsong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos