Tiled Picture [Mango App]

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
We've just released our latest WP7 application which makes use of Mango's ability to pin multiple tiles and lets you ping your favourite images to your start screen.

You can split your images up in to multiple tiles or just display your picture on one tile. You can even take a new picture or use pictures from your facebook or skydrive accounts.

Please give the free trial a go, its got all the features of the full application but it only allows three images (although theres no limit on the number of tiles you pin!) and has advertisements.

We look forward to any feedback you have, please post it here or leave a review on the marketplace.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0de11b26-ee31-4409-8e30-cea5c6e2a033

tiled_picture.png

Thanks,
Boodev

Last edited:

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
An update has just been submitted to the Marketplace which will hopefully be certified within the new few days. I'll make another post when it goes live, or you could download it now and wait for the marketplace to notify you. Either way, I've listed the changes below:

Changelog V1.1
----
Can now add a picture to the back of the tiles. The back image will be split up to the same dimensions you selected for the front picture.
--
Can just remove the back of a tile and keep the front
--
Can now replace an image. This prevents you needing to repin all the tiles if you want to change the picture.
--
Improved support when taking a picture with the camera, you can now crop this in the same way you can crop existing pictures.
--

Please see the Youtube video below for a demo of the new version
Tiled Picture for WP7 - YouTube

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
V1.3 has just been submitted to the marketplace. Included in this release is the following:
Can now pin multiple pictures to a single tile.
Fixes the critical bug which caused the app to frequently crash after selecting a picture.

We decided to release 1.3 early to correct the critical bug that was identified. There is plenty more still to come!

Coming in the next release (1.4)
Attached tasks to tiles, so when you click a tile, a task will launch (send a sms or email for example)
Set multiple images on the back of a tile
Integration in the pictures hub share picker

Thank you for your support

Last edited:

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
V1.3 has just been submitted to the marketplace. Included in this release is the following:
Can now pin multiple pictures to a single tile.
Fixes the critical bug which caused the app to frequently crash after selecting a picture.

We decided to release 1.3 early to correct the critical bug that was identified. There is plenty more still to come!

Coming in the next release (1.4)
Attached tasks to tiles, so when you click a tile, a task will launch (send and for example)

Thank you for your support

Hi, I am currently without a Windows Phone whilest I wait for the Titan or something equally as nice to hit ATT so I can dump those dirty bastages at Sprint.

Anywho, this app has definitely peeked my interest. One of things I liked about Mango was the ability to pin a random image to my home screen (my kids are so cute)...while it was nice to look at it served no real purpose.

So this mistyped line has me very curious "
Attached tasks to tiles, so when you click a tile, a task will launch (send and for example)"

It has left me thinking...send an what!! What can I send!!!?? An email? A text? A sandwich? What iiiiiisssss it man?!?!?

Look forward to seeing the mystery revealed.

Also, these two features are quite nice:

One last question, I think I know the answer. Is it possible to have a double-wide tile or is that still not a part of the Mango API?

Thanks

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to send an SMS, Email, Social Status Update. I'm working on the sandwich feature too, but I keep getting bugs in my sandwich. Gives it a nasty crunch. I'll update the post above, thanks for that!

I'm pretty sure we can only have single live tiles at the moment, unless your an OEM. Although, to be honest, I've never looked in to it, I've always just assumed that (I've never seen an API parameter for it though).

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy your Titan (Its a big one, played with one in store last week) and Tiled Picture.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to send an SMS, Email, Social Status Update. I'm working on the sandwich feature too, but I keep getting bugs in my sandwich. Gives it a nasty crunch. I'll update the post above, thanks for that!

I'm pretty sure we can only have single live tiles at the moment, unless your an OEM. Although, to be honest, I've never looked in to it, I've always just assumed that (I've never seen an API parameter for it though).

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy your Titan (Its a big one, played with one in store last week) and Tiled Picture.

Teehee, crunchy bug sandwich.

Will the tasks be able to send to a specific person? I'd be totally jazzed if I could put a pic of my lovely wife that I could tap and it bring up an sms addressed to her.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Teehee, crunchy bug sandwich.

Will the tasks be able to send to a specific person? I'd be totally jazzed if I could put a pic of my lovely wife that I could tap and it bring up an sms addressed to her.

You'll be Jazzed then!

I'm hoping to submit V1.4 in around a week from today with the hope it gets certified for the following weekend!

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
V1.3 is now live in the marketplace. Update and Download!

I'm especially happy with this update as it squashes what was a very annoying bug in the Microsoft Advertising platform.

More to come soon...

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you can get the task launcher feature working, this app would have a whole new purpose, because you would solve the problem of pinning a web page to the start menu only to have the tile be an overly busy screenshot of the web page. I would love to be able to pin a picture to a tile and have it launch a specific web page.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If you can get the task launcher feature working, this app would have a whole new purpose, because you would solve the problem of pinning a web page to the start menu only to have the tile be an overly busy screenshot of the web page. I would love to be able to pin a picture to a tile and have it launch a specific web page.

Thanks for the feedback. Thats exactly what is planned for V2.0 of Tiled Picture.

Due out in November.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999