[App] Feizar: A Multi-Player 3D Spaceship Fighter

Gripwire

Oct 11, 2011
www.gripwire.com
I would like to introduce to everyone our latest Windows Phone 7 Game, Feizar. It's in the very early stages of development, but we released the core functionality of the game and got it approved on the Windows Phone Marketplace a few days ago.

For future releases, we're working on updating the graphics, gameplay features, and adding more content.

Feizar
Players familiar with Starfox will be familiar with Feizar. Choosing between three unique ships, giving their pilots name, and joining fierce battles with players around the world, Feizar allows people to play against others “across the room or around the world”. Players can “turbo boost” to catch up to their enemies and hunt them down with the automatic on-board lasers. This is all achieved with simple controls that utilize Windows Phones 7’s advanced accelerometer. Feizar is an action packed game that is appropriate for all ages.

Feizar’s networking is state of the art. The Playfield 3D SDK enables Feizar players to connect with each other over Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE, and Bluetooth around the world, while dealing with problems that spotty connections cause. Nobody likes being interrupted during gameplay. Playfield 3D’s seamless host migration feature will silently disconnect players who drop out due to an inactive connection or accidentally close the game. Remaining players will keep playing until the game is over! This is what Playfield 3D enables and is something that most multiplayer games on mobile devices are missing.

Future versions of Feizar will include many more unique features from the Playfield 3D SDK such as: leaderboards, cross-platform multi-player (iOS & Android), user profiles, chat, social network integration, and most importantly, more content!

Playfield and Playfield 3D
Playfield and Playfield 3D are cross-platform, social, multi-player software development toolkits (SDKs) that enable mobile apps to communicate seamlessly across Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Internet (3G / EDGE) connections to create amazing head-to-head multi-player experiences. Developers can leverage Playfield or Playfield 3D to create new, feature rich, multi-player experiences or quickly differentiate existing applications by enabling social collaboration, screen sharing, and peer-to-peer messaging across platforms, across a plethora of devices. For more information, please email: playfield@gripwire.com.

Gripwire
Gripwire, Inc. is based in Seattle, Washington and was founded in 2008 by Robert Frederick, a founding member of Amazon.com’s Mobile Commerce and Web Services (AWS) programs. Gripwire’s mission is to provide client-side libraries and a set of hosted services that enable mobile and flash developers to rapidly create massive multiplayer games, applications, and cross-platform experiences. Their solutions drive viral adoption, incentivize and reward user participation, span the mobile and social networking divide, and benefit both adopters of the platform and Gripwire’s clients. Gripwire focuses on helping clients achieve significant user engagement, business intelligence, compelling user experiences, all integrated with viral feedback loops that drive awareness and increased sales.

Get Feizar here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/29baf6cd-8bc2-4ab1-b195-bea5d5f84c7b

Last edited:

Gripwire

Oct 11, 2011
www.gripwire.com
looks nice, could use more TEXTUR do the playing field doh.

Thansk for the feedback, Se1fcr3ation.

We know that Feizar is not aesthetically pleasing, at all. Better graphics, more content, and more features are on their way for the next version.

The coolest thing about Feizar, functionally speaking, is the networking. We're able to create multi-player experiences without needing a centralized game server. The player/device that chooses to host a game acts as a centralized server and everyone else connects as clients. We have host migration too, if the host leaves/drops out.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
dont get me wrong that Multy-player system sounds GREAT! . but would that not KILL the data usage for the HOST? Im gona make sure not to host unless on WIFI . ;) lol

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No try, no buy. Simple as that. If you make a good product then you should be confident that people will buy it after they try it. If there's no trial it just tells me the developer thinks their product sucks.

Gripwire

Oct 11, 2011
www.gripwire.com
dont get me wrong that Multy-player system sounds GREAT! . but would that not KILL the data usage for the HOST? Im gona make sure not to host unless on WIFI . ;) lol

True. It will definitely depend on the game :).

Just read this and went to download but no trial. Really needs one for people to try the game.

Totally agree. We're implementing the trial API's so that we can give people a taste of what it's capable of. Thanks!

yeah trial is 100% needed... cause honestly i think 90+% of people try before they buy..

As stated above. Thanks.

No try, no buy. Simple as that. If you make a good product then you should be confident that people will buy it after they try it. If there's no trial it just tells me the developer thinks their product sucks.

Interesting thought and good to know. Regardless, as stated above and thanks.

Sorry for the late response everyone, I don't think I've been receiving the email notifications to these thread replies. Appreciate all the feedback so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes