goodbar development's 1st app: [Timeout Tiles]

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
[TRIAL FIXED!] goodbar development's 1st app: [Timeout Tiles]

Hi All - If any of you are parents, you should check out my 1st WP7 app, Timeout Tiles. I took a look at the other 3 Timeout Apps out there, and decided, they were missing the awesome Mango feature of pinning multiples tiles to the start screen. So with Timeout Tiles, you can just tap the kid's tile and the timeout starts running :)

Free Trial Available!

The link you've all been waiting for: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/0992016c-6d8a-4a81-914c-74cf3d130724

This was my first app published in any mobile marketplace, so pretty exciting. If anyone wants to give the trial a whirl and leave a review, I'll be happy to reciprocate :)

Thanks All!

goodbar development

Last edited:

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks good, I'll leave you a review once I've had a little play around with it for you.

One thing however, the link you posted is taken from windowsphone.com. You would be better off sharing the deep link that is in the details page of your application in the App Hub, as that link is not specific to a country. The link you posted forces me to the US marketplace, where I can't get the app (So I have to go to My local marketplace to download it).

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks good, I'll leave you a review once I've had a little play around with it for you.

One thing however, the link you posted is taken from windowsphone.com. You would be better off sharing the deep link that is in the details page of your application in the App Hub, as that link is not specific to a country. The link you posted forces me to the US marketplace, where I can't get the app (So I have to go to My local marketplace to download it).
Thanks for the advice! much appreciated :)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the idea and the screenshots look good but I can't get the application to run, I get an error straight away as soon as I press the + button. I'm running this on a Samsung Omnia using WP7.5.

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for catching that, not sure how this was missed by testing/certification, but small bug when operating in Trial Mode. I just fixed it and submitted the update, so I'll let you know once it's published.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for catching that, not sure how this was missed by testing/certification, but small bug when operating in Trial Mode. I just fixed it and submitted the update, so I'll let you know once it's published.

Trial bugs are easily missed. I usually set an isTrial bool to true for all my trial mode testing since theres no other way of tell the application to run in trial mode. Just don't forget to remove the bool before you submit it (Thats one from experience :))

I look forward to the update!

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Really interesting concept! I like the idea.

I don't actually have any use for this app as I'm a student and don't have kids, but I'll spread the word around. =)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
After using this a little, I love some of the features but the UI needs some work. Just a couple of points:
- I can't seem to add a second child? Is this a trial limit? If so, keep the add button but when I click it give me a message box telling me so and link me to the marketplace for your app (this will help drive sales)
- Save button doesn't work. It does nothing. Pressing cancel seems to save my child tho.
- Your missing the check and cancel icons that are required for the DatePicker control. They need to be in a folder called Toolkit.Content
- Download the coding4fun toolkit. It has a Round Button control which will improve the add button on the homescreen. Or place the add button in the app bar.

This is all just constructive feedback tho. I like how you can pin a child with an image to the home screen. I also like how it gives a reminder if I start a countdown and then leave the app. I would like to be able to customise the amount of time the talk back! Button adds tho.

All in all, good start! I hope you make a few pennies! Have you looked into Microsoft Advertising?
You have the potential to get a reasonable amount of impressions if you have adds on the countdown screen of the trial version!

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback
1) Correct, the trial limits you to only adding 1 child. I like the idea of redirecting to the app in the marketplace if they try to add another one though.
2) For the save button, I'm going to guess that you were trying to change the name. This is something i did notice and should fix, because changing the name and clicking save will actually create a 2nd child which is not allowed in the trial; therefore, it appears the save button does nothing. If you update the birthdate or timeout time, then the save should work though. If that still doesn't work, I'll need to look into that for the trial, but the full version works fine.
3) I did notice the icons weren't showing up for the datepicker, thanks for the tip on where they need to be though.
4) I have the coding4fun toolkit (great toolkit!). Originally that first page was a panorama page (hence no app bar).
5) I figured configuring "talk back!" would come up :)
6) Yeah didn't tackle ads for my first app, good idea for future versions though.

[AND ACTUALLY, JUST SUBMITTED V1.4 WITH ABOUT 90% OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS, THANKS BOODEV!]

Last edited:

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I think Microsoft set a new record! Timeout Tiles v1.4 (with most of the above mentioned enhancements) has been certified! Should be available for download in short order...

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Timeout Tiles v1.5 is RELEASED! Additions this release include:

- fixed bug where tapping save caused an error while keyboard was still up
- added support email button to send direct questions/comments/issues to goodbardevelopment@gmail.com
- added polite prompting for reviews (This was all thanks to the wonderful article & notification window control described at: Getting ratings for your WP7?app - Roybott's Blog - Roybott.com, which produces a great, polite way to solicit positive reviews.)

Here is the deep link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0992016c-6d8a-4a81-914c-74cf3d130724

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium