[App] LightningNap

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
marketplace_large%2520PC%2520app%2520tile.png

v2.0 update

Lightning Nap is a simple one-click nap alarm app. Set how long you want to sleep, put in an optional wake up message, and hit “set alarm”. The app will take care of the rest.

Features include:

Non-invasive alarm design, which enables the alarm to function even when the app is closed
Intuitive alarm page which shows when the alarm will ring and how many hours and minutes remain before it will ring
Customizable default nap time
Customizable default wake up message
Convenient +5 and -5 buttons, which easily add/subtract 5 minutes from your current nap alarm time

1.png
3.png
4.png

App price: 0.99 USD equivalent
Includes 7-day trial.

For more info, visit my new website:
http://www.caveknight.com

Any feedback, comments, and suggestions are welcome! Look forward to hearing from you all. =)

Last edited:

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
V1.1 update is now available to the marketplace!

V1.1 features:
Revised "About" page with app icon, and tap links to email and review.
In addition to US and Canada, now available in UK and Australia.

This app remains free and ad-supported.

Hope you guys try it out =) please leave feedback and review!

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice app! It's really easy to use and looks better than the one I was previously using to take my much-needed power naps. Two thumbs up!

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Any reasons why you have not released it in other marketplaces?

I'm mainly focused on the English speaking markets right now, as I'm still not familiar with the process of developing localized applications. I am in the process of learning such, and will expand into other markets eventually. Any particular market/region you were interested in seeing this app in?

Nice app! It's really easy to use and looks better than the one I was previously using to take my much-needed power naps. Two thumbs up!

Thanks, glad you like it =) If it's not too much trouble, I'd greatly appreciate a review or rating on the marketplace, as that will help massage more skeptical users into trying my app out =)

kanishkkunal

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm mainly focused on the English speaking markets right now, as I'm still not familiar with the process of developing localized applications. I am in the process of learning such, and will expand into other markets eventually. Any particular market/region you were interested in seeing this app in?

I searched for your app in Indian marketplace. Just to let your know. Marketplace in India is having English as primary language. this you can figure out by the prefix en in (en-IN) of the Indian marketplace.
http://windowsphone.com/en-IN/apps

I, myself have released my apps (with just English support) in ALL marketplaces and i see significant downloads in non English speaking countries as well.
For example, one of my application "MyTileMaker" has been downloaded more in Germany and France than it has been downloaded in UK.
Later on i do plan to localize my apps (starting with the non-English speaking markets where my app is more popular), which i will be publishing as an update.

Btw, Here is a nice article about Localizing a windows phone step by step
Localizing a Windows Phone app Step by Step | WindowsPhoneGeek

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I searched for your app in Indian marketplace. Just to let your know. Marketplace in India is having English as primary language. this you can figure out by the prefix en in (en-IN) of the Indian marketplace.
http://windowsphone.com/en-IN/apps

I, myself have released my apps (with just English support) in ALL marketplaces and i see significant downloads in non English speaking countries as well.
For example, one of my application "MyTileMaker" has been downloaded more in Germany and France than it has been downloaded in UK.
Later on i do plan to localize my apps (starting with the non-English speaking markets where my app is more popular), which i will be publishing as an update.

Btw, Here is a nice article about Localizing a windows phone step by step
Localizing a Windows Phone app Step by Step | WindowsPhoneGeek

Wow, that is excellent information to know. I guess then you'll be seeing my app all over the world in the next update. =D

Fantastic. Thanks for the info. =)

caveknight

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
V1.4 update:
Changed Lightning Nap from free with in-app advertising, to paid with free trial (per some of the feedback that I've gotten)
Added new +5 button, which adds an extra 5 minutes to the currently set nap time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa