Astral Battles 1.0

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
In Astral Battles, a fantasy card game, players participate in a magical duel
against other mages by strategically summoning creatures and casting spells. Each
mage uses five magical elements during a duel - Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Death.
Players are able only to duel against the computer at this moment, but multiplayer-mode is
in development.
Astral battles has more than 50 cards and spells, 30 unique card?s abilities
and 8 opponents to duel. It?s absolutely free and hasn?t any advertisement.

1axa.png

Picture 1: opponent is summoning card

2pyp.png

Picture 2: opponent?s priest of fire beats player?s griffin

The game is available via Microsoft Windows Marketplace: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/3cebc985-3dfb-4171-8b7d-e9e6241f4c2f

Last edited:

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Astral Battles 1.1 has been released!

I've released an update 1.1 where I added:
- Hotseat mode (two players - one device)
- Campaign balance fixes
- More cards and abilities
- Localization (English, Russian) - I'd like to add German but I don't know it
- Added specializations for players
twoplayers.png

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
After testing it:

Awesome game bro!!! im loving it !!!!

just wish it had a phew more features.

- difficulty lvl ( i like it now once you get the final battle 9-10 its pretty hard but could be harder )

- allow to customize cards/deck ( I don’t like it how I get Radom card selecting every game and never the once I want lol )

- single battles (not tournaments )

- be able to fight VS more then 1 opponent ( FREE FOR ALL or TEAM style 2v2 1v1v1v1 ect.. )

maybe we will see it Astral Battle 2?

any ways keep upt he good work :) best free game so far.

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation, thank you for your review and your ideas :)
In Astral Battles v.1.2 I have in plans online battles via dedicated server and maybe with some of your proposals

PS:
>>- be able to fight VS more then 1 opponent ( FREE FOR ALL or TEAM style 2v2 1v1v1v1 ect.. )
Don't know how it possible and I can't even imagine it :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation, thank you for your review and your ideas :)
In Astral Battles v.1.2 I have in plans online battles via dedicated server and maybe with some of your proposals

PS:
>>- be able to fight VS more then 1 opponent ( FREE FOR ALL or TEAM style 2v2 1v1v1v1 ect.. )
Don't know how it possible and I can't even imagine it :)

yeah i guess the 1v1v1 would be hard considering monsters attack what’s in front of them.
you could make it that you CHOSE what creature attacks what creature , that way you can chose what player you wana attack(sorta like Magic the gathering) ... again i duno how hard that would be for you to do. Lol .

also fitting more then 2 players on he screen might be hard unless you make *sliding pages * each page being a opponent

but I think the biggest thing id like to see change is to be able to build your deck. (chose the cards you want (deppending on your element )

EDIT: i also notice that the freaking PC can use cards and spells with otu having the spell points.

example: DEATH creature : ANCIENT cost 6 Death mana and reduces ALL apponents mana pool by 2 , the CPU has 0 death pool (nothing) and he spawns one evry turn!! WTF!! lol

i dont care if he get more mana pool each turn , its just annoying to see him hit me with fire spells and Death spells ect.... when he doesnt even have the POOL to do it.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey sorry to spam your thread , but I think you might wana know this lol....

- I’ve had my phone crash 3 times so far opening this game..
App loading .... then Boom .. black screen SAMSUNG , phone reset. only happens with your game

3 out of the 6 times I’ve played it.

- Also the end tournament , i won all games and i got a congratz you won ,

then i won 2 lost 8 (lol ) and it still said i WON first! ( i came second to last on the standings)

EDIT: here is the example of POWER POOL being broke for the CPU.

he spawns 5 banshes in a row and has 0 DEATH power. (he gets + 1 every turn ) so hes basicly using 1death power when it should be 6.

V__0C01.jpg

Last edited:

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh thanks you very much, I've just fixed bug with tournament points and computer's cheatings (and also bug with phoenix ability). I'll add some other features at weekend and will release an update at Tuesday.
PS: I am currently working on online multiplayer, but it won't be included in 1.3 yet
Thank you for testing once again ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol np...

your gona start hatting me now

WALL OF LIGHTNING , deals 4 damage to opponent at start of each turn.. if you have more then one it still maxes at 4 damage..

i had 3 ,only did 4 damage .. should have been 12damage? no??

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
lol np...
your gona start hatting me now
WALL OF LIGHTNING , deals 4 damage to opponent at start of each turn.. if you have more then one it still maxes at 4 damage..
i had 3 ,only did 4 damage .. should have been 12damage? no??
It did 12 damage, but animation showed only 4 (animation bug, not the game mechanics).

PS: And as a spoiler, I am waiting to be able submit v.1.3 where I added:
- Redesigned 5th element (player now may choose one between "Death", "Illusion", "Mechanics", "Sorcery" and "Holy") (source: http://spectromancer.com/cardlist_en.htm)
- Fixed all the known bugs
- Duel with computer mode (in two player section)
- Added Tournament difficulties (easy, normal, hard)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It did 12 damage, but animation showed only 4 (animation bug, not the game mechanics).

PS: And as a spoiler, I am waiting to be able submit v.1.3 where I added:
- Redesigned 5th element (player now may choose one between "Death", "Illusion", "Mechanics", "Sorcery" and "Holy") (source: Spectromancer card list (printable version))
- Fixed all the known bugs
- Duel with computer mode (in two player section)
- Added Tournament difficulties (easy, normal, hard)

sweet :) cant wait for the update :D:D:D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey man , nice update . cool new features .. but i might have found an other bug unless i missed something.

- MAna pool for Human players seems to be broken now...

Example: i had 7 nature pool , but couldn’t SPAWN the 7 point SPIDER.

when i decided to use my points on something else ( 6 point spells ) i went down to 1 point and NOW i could spawn the spider with only one point?!

it seems you FIXED the NPC mana pool problem , but now its the HUMANS (me ) that has the mana pool bug.

Unless i have to Play a specific card before i can use higher cost cards??

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I submitted version 1.2 a week ago (yes, certifications took so long :() and after that submit I found that awful bug(s) and tried to cancel update submission but with no success (Microsoft support can't do it too). I submitted version 1.3 two days ago - it should fix those awful bugs and brings cool features such as more than 40 new cards! I hope that MS will have released my v1.3 by tomorrow.

PS: I received many angry letters about 1.2 :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I submitted version 1.2 a week ago (yes, certifications took so long :() and after that submit I found that awful bug(s) and tried to cancel update submission but with no success (Microsoft support can't do it too). I submitted version 1.3 two days ago - it should fix those awful bugs and brings cool features such as more than 40 new cards! I hope that MS will have released my v1.3 by tomorrow.

PS: I received many angry letters about 1.2 :)

yeah lol i was all excited when i saw the update. but then i got introduced to many Bugs haha

cant wait for 1.3 :) keep up the good work .. ist a really fun game :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey,

i found an other bug * please dont hate me * LOL

basically , there is a card that you use that causes damage to casters creature then any creature in front of it.

i had a BUG where i killed ALL the opponents creatures but the NPC STILL tried to cast that spell....

i get a * Unsupported action* error msgs then the game crashes.

maybe add a line of code that check that the NPS actually has a creature before it tries to use that specific spell. lol ;)

i dont remember what card it was :( but i think it was blood Ritual , or fireball )

Last edited:

Egorbo

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
hey,

i found an other bug * please dont hate me * LOL

basically , there is a card that you use that causes damage to casters creature then any creature in front of it.

i had a BUG where i killed ALL the opponents creatures but the NPC STILL tried to cast that spell....

i get a * Unsupported action* error msgs then the game crashes.

maybe add a line of code that check that the NPS actually has a creature before it tries to use that specific spell. lol ;)

i dont remember what card it was :( but i think it was blood Ritual , or fireball )
Hey, thanks for your activity :). does this bug still reproducing in v.1.4 I've just released ?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your activity :). does this bug still reproducing in v.1.4 I've just released ?

i haven't seen any major bugs so far in the new version. i still play the game almost every day .. 2-3 fights hehe..

im still looking :) . ill let you know , but i haven't had any more crashes yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3