[GAME] Vicious Fishes - bringing modern board games to Windows Phone

hexstudio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
HEX Studio was created by people who love board games. We also love Windows Phone. It was obvious choice to bring some board games to Windows Phone users. Our first title ? Vicious Fishes just hit the Marketplace.

Vicious Fishes is a game where six different schools of fish are fighting to become the dominating school of the sea. It?s better to be a big fish in a small pond, goes the old saying, and this is a small pond. Players are actively supporting a faction of fish hoping that their faction is the winner. At the same time, they are secretly betting that one faction of fish loses.

Each player is secretly dealt three colors with each one representing one school of fish. It?s your job to be sure that only your colors will score points and be very careful to back the right factions.

Vicious Fishes is a board game created by one of the most known board game reviewers Tom Vasel. Now you can play it on your Windows Phone:

• addictive game play up to 6 players (pass & play, AI)
  • three levels of AI
  • stunning graphic design and animations by Marek Rutkowski
  • easy to learn, turn based, tile laying game
  • trial mode allowing to play two player game in Pass?n?Play mode
The game is 1.59$ but as Holiday gift we?re bringing the price down for two weeks to 0.99$. (deeplink)

Be vicious or be delicious!

We're planning to release more board game titles in 2012. Follow @hexstudioapps on twitter, visit our webpage or facebook profile to be up to date.

viciousfishessplashscre.png

viciousfishesduringgame.png

viciousfisheschoosewhic.png

Last edited:

hexstudio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If you'll have any comments about a game feel free to share it with us :)

As for now we're preparing a small update with some graphical tweaks and probably a single player trial mode (still considering it). We're also working on more interactive tutorial as current manual-type one is not enough for some players.

s0ftimage

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the game.

My only comment is that I have trouble rotating the pieces. I can't figure out when its in a mode that I can rotate it. Do I rotate it before dragging it out or after I dragged it out. Most of the time I cant figure out and end up dropping the piece with the mouth pointing to the wrong place.

Also, since I am playing for two players, I am not sure what strategy to use. Once my piece is placed, the next player can simply come attack me from the side and kill me. I get penalized for being first (if that makes any sense). Again, maybe the confusion comes from playing two players at the same time.

hexstudio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It's like this: drag, rotate, place. You have to release a finger from a tile after dragging it and 'grab' the tile in one of the corners or just outside a tile - if you'll grab it in the center you will be dragging it. I've tried to come up with a method od dragging and rotating without releasing a tile but it didn't work well.

As for strategy. Very often your just placed fish will be killed so it's best at the beginning to put some fishes that are either strong or you don't care about them. Later in the game it's very important to try to deduce what colors other player(s) have - sometimes you can have two out of three colors the same, so who wins will be decided by the third (negative) color. Than you have to try to score your oponnents third color (reducing his score) and avoid scoring your third color.

I hope this helps a little.
Marcin

hexstudio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Vicious Fishes just hit 1.2 version and now allow to play against AI in trial mode (only two player game with easiest AI).

Also - we've made a small video trailer for our game.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZ3ctM2_9Q[/YT]

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Came in to say that I like the name of the game, even if the plural of "fish" is still "fish". It just wouldn't sound as nice as just "fish" though.

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks interesting, I'll check it out!

Also, just to be that guy no one likes, I'm pretty sure "fishes" is an acceptable plural when talking about multiple species of fish (wikipedia) :)

hexstudio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, just to be that guy no one likes, I'm pretty sure "fishes" is an acceptable plural when talking about multiple species of fish (wikipedia) :)

I was sure that someone would say that crabs and octopuses that appear in the game are not fish :) (that's why in game they're called exchange students from different schools ;) )

Denizen2012

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
HEX Studio was created by people who love board games. We also love Windows Phone. It was obvious choice to bring some board games to Windows Phone users. Our first title ? Vicious Fishes just hit the Marketplace.

Vicious Fishes is a game where six different schools of fish are fighting to become the dominating school of the sea. It?s better to be a big fish in a small pond, goes the old saying, and this is a small pond. Players are actively supporting a faction of fish hoping that their faction is the winner. At the same time, they are secretly betting that one faction of fish loses.

Each player is secretly dealt three colors with each one representing one school of fish. It?s your job to be sure that only your colors will score points and be very careful to back the right factions.

Vicious Fishes is a board game created by one of the most known board game reviewers Tom Vasel. Now you can play it on your Windows Phone:

• addictive game play up to 6 players (pass & play, AI)
  • three levels of AI
  • stunning graphic design and animations by Marek Rutkowski
  • easy to learn, turn based, tile laying game
  • trial mode allowing to play two player game in Pass?n?Play mode
The game is 1.59$ but as Holiday gift we?re bringing the price down for two weeks to 0.99$. (deeplink)

Be vicious or be delicious!

We're planning to release more board game titles in 2012. Follow @hexstudioapps on twitter, visit our webpage or facebook profile to be up to date.

Click to view quoted image

I like it! I am a fisherman from childhood! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon